Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Help understanding the order/production process

10-22-2023, 02:47 AM   #1
Ezra168
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4/Infiniti Q50S

Smile Help understanding the order/production process

Hello everyone!

I’m new here and to BMW so I’m trying to learn as much as I can.

I’ve ordered a 2024 M4 Base in Frozen Black. I was informed last week my order was accepted, given the production number, and told I’m in 111 status.

I’ve tried to glean what I can from the posts on the process and week number etc but still feel I’m behind in understanding. Is there a good summery you all can point me to that I missed, or can someone walk me through what the numbers mean/timeline/what to expect. People keep posting about they are “week so and so build”, how do I know what I am?

Thanks guys!!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 07:26 AM   #2
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Run a search of this site for the info. When I ordered my 2021 someone posted a list of all the order status codes and what they mean. Once you have a VIN you can login to BMW yourself and find out the status, or you can call the genius line and get it from the. The genius line may have a little more complete explanation of the status.

However, it’s not always a regular process with a set amount of days for each step. For example, sometimes your car will have a status like “awaiting transport” for several days, and it’s hard to tell exactly what it’s waiting for (truck, boat, train, etc). There is also a point where you can find out what boat it is on, and then you have to figure out how to read boat schedules.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 07:06 AM   #3
Sporto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M340xi

Garage List
2024 M340Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
Run a search of this site for the info. When I ordered my 2021 someone posted a list of all the order status codes and what they mean. Once you have a VIN you can login to BMW yourself and find out the status, or you can call the genius line and get it from the. The genius line may have a little more complete explanation of the status.

However, it’s not always a regular process with a set amount of days for each step. For example, sometimes your car will have a status like “awaiting transport” for several days, and it’s hard to tell exactly what it’s waiting for (truck, boat, train, etc). There is also a point where you can find out what boat it is on, and then you have to figure out how to read boat schedules.
To add on, you should get a production number from the dealer when you order. Until you have this number you are not allocated a build slot from BMW. So get that number and then search My Garage BMW login on the internet and register with the production number which will give you your car status (see attached). Eventually your VIN will pop up here.

You can also download the MyBMW app which will give you tutorials, drivers guide and eventually control your car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 08:44 AM   #4
Ezra168
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4/Infiniti Q50S

Thanks, I’ve done that and the Chrome extension so I can see my status code. But how do you determine the build week? I called my dealer last week and was informed it is schedule for production the second week of Jan 2024.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 09:11 AM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra168 View Post
Thanks, I’ve done that and the Chrome extension so I can see my status code. But how do you determine the build week? I called my dealer last week and was informed it is schedule for production the second week of Jan 2024.
Your CA or Genius can give you your production week. BMW uses ISO weeks for their production scheduling. Prior to your production week you will go into the Production Begins status. This does not mean that assembly has begun but rather that a VIN has been assigned and parts ordered/allocated. The timing of this change depends on the factory and the model but is usually occurs a week or two prior to your production week. At this time the production date is established and you can get it by using the "F12" process. https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2037104

Hopefully that helps.
      10-29-2023, 10:14 AM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra168 View Post
Hello everyone!

I’m new here and to BMW so I’m trying to learn as much as I can.

I’ve ordered a 2024 M4 Base in Frozen Black. I was informed last week my order was accepted, given the production number, and told I’m in 111 status.

I’ve tried to glean what I can from the posts on the process and week number etc but still feel I’m behind in understanding. Is there a good summery you all can point me to that I missed, or can someone walk me through what the numbers mean/timeline/what to expect. People keep posting about they are “week so and so build”, how do I know what I am?

Thanks guys!!
Search is your friend... https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1702342
Appreciate 0