Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Uh-Oh G22 down

11-26-2023, 09:53 PM   #45
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat4597 View Post
Ok so the saga continues. Got the car back Monday. Drove it for the first time today out of the neighborhood and got all kinds of issues. All safety features disabled and rear diff lock disabled. Hard to steer at slow speeds like there is no power steering.
Man, that sucks!! Unfortunately, like the majority of other things these days, it appears USAA is a shadow of what they used to be. The decline began when they broadened their field of eligibility, but it began its serious decline when they decided they needed to advertise to the Nth degree lest they miss a single potential member, like every member of the military doesn’t already know about them. It also seems they decided continually raising their premiums is the best way to pay for their advertising extravaganza. I left them in February after nearly thirty years and went back to State Farm after four years of my premiums increasing at every renewal. State Farm beat them by more than $700/year even taking into account the annual SSA distribution. It used to be that whenever I might decide to compare rates with other companies as soon as I told them I had USAA the first thing the other company would say was, “we won’t be able to beat USAA.” No longer the case.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

11-27-2023, 06:07 PM   #46
triplethreat4597
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4440I JB4

Now it is headed to the dealer hopefully they will get everything straightened out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 06:01 PM   #47
ad111
Rep
Drives: bmw m340i

update?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 08:46 PM   #48
triplethreat4597
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4440I JB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad111 View Post
update?
Was taken to another body shop and had everything checked over again and the steering rack replaced. Have had it back since January and has no issues. Total repairs $52,000 (not including the two tow trucks and $12,000 in rental cars)some of which the insurance charged back to the original body shop. Additionally the original body shop lost their affiliation with my insurance company. My insurance rates did not go up at all as a result of the accident as we had accident forgiveness.
Appreciate 1