Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

03-29-2022, 06:46 PM   #1
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 19' X5 50i

AC On While Away?

[1] Just wondering if anyone knows if the i4 will permit the air condition to be left on for a specified amount of time. I believe Tesla might have this kind of functionality (dog mode?). I know the Audi Etron that I had gave me an option to leave the AC on for 30 minutes (turn off the car, leave and lock).

[2] Will the mobile App allow the AC to be turned on remotely? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure my old i3 allowed me to do this (pre-conditioning) so that on a hot day, I can cool the car down prior to arriving to it. On my 2018 X5, I don't think it let's me turn on the AC, but rather remotely lets me turn on the fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 01:55 AM   #2
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
You can turn the fan on with the app so not sure if it’s the actual AC or not and I don’t know how long it will stay on for but you could always set up the pre-conditioning with the app for a set time and it will hold this.

Maybe a call to your dealer who could ask BMW might be the best option.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 09:24 AM   #3
note46
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe, 328d SW, i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtech8 View Post
[1] Just wondering if anyone knows if the i4 will permit the air condition to be left on for a specified amount of time. I believe Tesla might have this kind of functionality (dog mode?). I know the Audi Etron that I had gave me an option to leave the AC on for 30 minutes (turn off the car, leave and lock).

[2] Will the mobile App allow the AC to be turned on remotely? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure my old i3 allowed me to do this (pre-conditioning) so that on a hot day, I can cool the car down prior to arriving to it. On my 2018 X5, I don't think it let's me turn on the AC, but rather remotely lets me turn on the fan.
1) Not 100% but with the i3 you can leave the AC on, I think it's called Comfort Climate Control option. This shows on the screen after you've pressed the Start/Stop button once before you open the drivers door. Use the idrive to select and check the box and the ac stays on for about 30mins.

2)you can heat or cool the cabin with the mobile app with the i3 but I've noticed you have to set the cabin temperature appropriately. eg to heat the cabin turn the temp up say 80f. To cool it, set it to 60f. Then once you start the climatization via the app it will cool or heat as set for 30mins.

I suspect i4 will be the same/similar as i3. I've been looking for videos of the i4 and MyBMW app reviews to confirm but no one has reviewed the combo or I haven't found one.

I like they way Tesla app works better since, 1) you can see the cabin temp via the app and 2) set the desired cabin temp (higher or lower) and the car will figure out what it needs to do to get there.
Appreciate 0