Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 792m or 791m bicolor for 340i w/shadowline?

05-14-2021, 06:43 AM   #23
NthKent
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I think the 792m Cerium Grey wheels I have on my M340i are great looking!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 06:56 AM   #24
IIMAVII
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMAVII View Post
Quote:
Quote:
792M cerium grey all day long.

Just purchased a M340i in dravit grey with shadowline pack etc and was gutted that the garage wouldn't do the car with the 792M cerium grey wheels as the black 791M's are part of the Shadowline pack.

Luckily I managed to get a new set of 792M's from a guy on eBay for a decent price who swapped to the 795M 20". Gonna put the black 791M's up for sale as soon as I get the car.
Perhaps things have changed but I ordered Davit Grey few months back with shadow line PKG and 792M wheels (with high performance non-run flat tires); otherwise I see no reason why you can't get this build.

That said, I'm not a fan of black wheels: bi-color or full black so my opinion here might be biased. 792M all the way — looks better on the car and by comparison the cerium grey color is classier IMO.
That is exactly what I wanted. Shadowline Pack, 792M and non run flat tyres. Maybe it's my local BMW garage I purchased it from being awkward but they was adamant that they couldn't build the car with 792M's.

I was under the illusion when you spend 60k on a brand new car you can get exactly what you want.
Did you try building it yourself?
Yes I built it myself. Sat at home and built the exact one on the BMW website and couldn't have the 792M wheels so went into BMW and sat down with them and built the same spec and then asked if they could change the 791M wheels..thinking that they would be able to.

They said NO it's part of the Shadowline pack, if you remove the 791M wheels you remove the trim. I kept the Shadowline trim and 791M wheels and just purchased the 792M wheels..crazy isn't it.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #25
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just purchased a M340i in dravit grey with shadowline pack etc and was gutted that the garage wouldn't do the car with the 792M cerium grey wheels as the black 791M's are part of the Shadowline pack.

Luckily I managed to get a new set of 792M's from a guy on eBay for a decent price who swapped to the 795M 20". Gonna put the black 791M's up for sale as soon as I get the car.
Perhaps things have changed but I ordered Davit Grey few months back with shadow line PKG and 792M wheels (with high performance non-run flat tires); otherwise I see no reason why you can't get this build.

That said, I'm not a fan of black wheels: bi-color or full black so my opinion here might be biased. 792M all the way — looks better on the car and by comparison the cerium grey color is classier IMO.
That is exactly what I wanted. Shadowline Pack, 792M and non run flat tyres. Maybe it's my local BMW garage I purchased it from being awkward but they was adamant that they couldn't build the car with 792M's.

I was under the illusion when you spend 60k on a brand new car you can get exactly what you want.
Yes I built it myself. Sat at home and built the exact one on the BMW website and couldn't have the 792M wheels so went into BMW and sat down with them and built the same spec and then asked if they could change the 791M wheels..thinking that they would be able to.

They said NO it's part of the Shadowline pack, if you remove the 791M wheels you remove the trim. I kept the Shadowline trim and 791M wheels and just purchased the 792M wheels..crazy isn't it.
Things must have changed.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 11:43 AM   #26
IIMAVII
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Possibly, or it's just a crap main dealer. I will make money from the sale of the 791M's so not overly bothered.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 11:51 AM   #27
Redturtle
Rep
Drives: Audi RS3, Volvo xc40, bmw m340

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Possibly, or it's just a crap main dealer. I will make money from the sale of the 791M's so not overly bothered.
I had the same in the Uk ended up purchasing the 792's myself.

When I first started speccing the car, the dealer suggested we could swap them for whatever the cost difference would be. Found out after ordering that the cost difference wasn't the difference between the rrp of the alloys it was the difference of the 792's versus what they could sell the 791's for. Which apparently was under a grand...

Wasn't best pleased about that.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 06:08 PM   #28
IIMAVII
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redturtle View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When I first started speccing the car, the dealer suggested we could swap them for whatever the cost difference would be. Found out after ordering that the cost difference wasn't the difference between the rrp of the alloys it was the difference of the 792's versus what they could sell the 791's for. Which apparently was under a grand...

Me neither. It is the first car I have purchased brand new and not exactly a cheap one either. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it's certainly not gone how I would have liked.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 05:13 AM   #29
Redturtle
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redturtle View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Me neither. It is the first car I have purchased brand new and not exactly a cheap one either. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it's certainly not gone how I would have liked.
This isn't my first. But it is the first where I've been forced to have specific wheels because I chose a black trim.

Odd decision by bmw uk to force that imo.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 07:03 AM   #30
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '69 BMW M340i xDrive (G20)

Garage List
Gotta be 791m!

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #31
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman77 View Post
Gotta be 791m!
I couldn't agree more.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 12:09 PM   #32
IIMAVII
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman77 View Post
Gotta be 791m!
I couldn't agree more.
791M black wheels definitely suit a white car better, that I will agree.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      05-15-2021, 02:18 PM   #33
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Quote:
I couldn't agree more.
Quote:
791M black wheels definitely suit a white car better, that I will agree.
Can't go wrong with black wheels, but I think they're best paired with a black car. The 792Ms stand out, even on a white car. To be fair, black wheels are harder to capture on camera, but I think the 792Ms just look better in general.
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=16
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #34
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
Can't go wrong with black wheels, but I think they're best paired with a black car. The 792Ms stand out, even on a white car. To be fair, black wheels are harder to capture on camera, but I think the 792Ms just look better in general.
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=16
I guess we all have our particular set of tastes.
Being black wheels, I think that's why they look better when contrasted with white, as opposed to a dark color. I think the black 791M would look less noticeable on say a gray colored car perhaps. Either way, you can't go wrong with either of those wheels, they're both good. More importantly, the car they're attached to.

BTW, I agree black wheels are hard to capture on camera.

Last edited by TiMSport; 05-15-2021 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 07:43 PM   #35
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
More importantly, the car they're attached to.
+1
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

05-16-2021, 04:53 AM   #36
IIMAVII
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=16
Being black wheels, I think that's why they look better when contrasted with white, as opposed to a dark color. I think the black 791M would look less noticeable on say a gray colored car perhaps. Either way, you can't go wrong with either of those wheels, they're both good. More importantly, the car they're attached to.

That's exactly my view too. 791M black wheels look good on white and even black cars. I just think that the 792m cerium grey wheels stand out a bit better with dravit grey and portimao blue etc.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2021, 06:05 AM   #37
Redturtle
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=16

That's exactly my view too. 791M black wheels look good on white and even black cars. I just think that the 792m cerium grey wheels stand out a bit better with dravit grey and portimao blue etc.
Couldn't agree more with this!
Appreciate 0