Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - California Looking for a new m340i or m440i. Any suggestions for discounts?

03-19-2022, 10:45 PM   #1
bimmerorbummer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Question Looking for a new m340i or m440i. Any suggestions for discounts?

Hey there! I’m new to the community and looking to. Get my hands on either the m340i xdrive or m440i xdrive gran coupe. Any chances for a discount on these cars? I don’t qualify for any of the available BMW discounts :-( Please advice. Looking to finance.

Your input is much appreciated!

PS: If this post is against community rules, I apologize and will take down the post!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 07:48 AM   #2
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Discounts? Seriously? You realize that there is a electronic chip shortage causing low supply or vehicles, right?
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2022, 04:01 PM   #3
sumazn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340ix

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
I was able to get invoice pricing + $875 by using the costco auto program. There was only 1 dealer out of 10 in my area that was participating.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 12:28 PM   #4
Tippi
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i XDrive

Hi fellow newbie - I just bought an M340i XDrive this weekend in the greater Los Angeles area. Even though inventory is low, people are still willing to cut a deal. I was able to get them to knock off about $1,500 or $1,600. Not as good of a deal if times were "normal" and the lot was overflowing the 3-series cars, but a deal nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 05:31 PM   #5
almaty8run
United_States
Rep
Drives: m340 (20220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippi View Post
Hi fellow newbie - I just bought an M340i XDrive this weekend in the greater Los Angeles area. Even though inventory is low, people are still willing to cut a deal. I was able to get them to knock off about $1,500 or $1,600. Not as good of a deal if times were "normal" and the lot was overflowing the 3-series cars, but a deal nonetheless.
I got $2500 off but that was back in December just before New Years.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 07:23 PM   #6
umaryasov
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I got $3k off last November. I say either settle for a 2022 model and see if you can get a discount or wait till the end of the year. Definitely go onto the BMW website and read the fine print. You'll find that even dealers are often unaware of the current promotions. I bought my vehicle at BMW Beverly Hills
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 08:07 PM   #7
abalosa
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e - 2022

I got my car in March, about $2000 off MSRP. They also did the paperwork for the additional California POS rebate. Had to drive 60 miles up to Valentia but it was worth it. Compared to my local dealer that wanted $5000 over MSRP as a "Market Adjustment".
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 01:17 AM   #8
hansluc
Rep
Drives: Waiting on a 330e!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerorbummer View Post
Hey there! I’m new to the community and looking to. Get my hands on either the m340i xdrive or m440i xdrive gran coupe. Any chances for a discount on these cars? I don’t qualify for any of the available BMW discounts :-( Please advice. Looking to finance.

Your input is much appreciated!

PS: If this post is against community rules, I apologize and will take down the post!
As you are in Portland, it may not be as easy to shave $ off MSRP as it is in high-volume SoCal. I speak from experience as I have shopped for BMWs in both areas within the past month. I personally can recommend Davie (sales) and Dave P. (manager) at BMW Portland. Both are very good people to work with. That said, with no inventory on the lot they have no reason to deal. Kuni is the same with regard to the models you mentioned.

I would ask them honestly, once you start talking through the purchase - any chance I could get an invoice + $1000 deal if I custom order? Maybe they counter with a number closer to MSRP, but at least you'll know what's possible. It's a guaranteed sale that takes up no inventory space, win-win for them. They always encouraged me to send them builds for this purpose, if ever I was not finding what I wanted in stock. If you can wait a few months for the vehicle to arrive, it's worth a try.

If you need something sooner than later, I'd probably be looking at big markets (Chicago seems to be a good one, in my experience) and find a BMW dealer that has the one you like and try a similar negotiation strategy. But, then you'll be paying $1200 to ship it unless you want to fly out and make an adventure out driving your ride home.
Appreciate 0