Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums CANADA subwoofer stopped working on a g20 330i hifi audio system

10-17-2023, 10:09 PM   #1
Sahil@bimmerpost
Registered
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Unhappy subwoofer stopped working on a g20 330i hifi audio system

hey,

so one day heard some cracking sound in speakers then after few days my base is completely not working feels like my subwoofer are not working, tried removing the amplifier disconnecting it and resetting it didn’t work also tried connecting other phone, radio even tried disconnecting subwoofer and the batteries I got the same result for some reason I was not able to locate the fuse which works my subwoofer or amp if someone could guide me with that that would be gr8 or any solution to this problem would be highly appreciated.

thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 11:08 PM   #2
VicG20
victor
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340 xdrive

Had the same thing happen. Had the extended warranty thankfully. Both subs had to be replaced due to shorting out. 3k Canadian to replace parts and labour.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 05:00 PM   #3
bevinr
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

I just replaced my stock underseat woofers with Bimmertech (amp had previously been updated). If you end up having to replace the woofers I think their options is solid if you're looking to improve sound quality. If you're just looking to get them working again and if it's your woofers are blown I can sell you my stock set for nearly nothing.
Appreciate 0