Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - California Carrier Tracker

09-09-2022, 12:53 PM   #23
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Garage List
Car is officially at Oxnard, estimated dealer arrival on 9/16!!
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2022, 01:29 PM   #24
darleen721
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxdotjpeg View Post
Car is officially at Oxnard, estimated dealer arrival on 9/16!!
How did you get the dealership delivery date? Did you speak with your SA? I called Genius this morning and they said they couldn't give me a date as the car still needs to go through their vehicle processing center and a secondary quality check. Then if all goes well, they will release for carrier scheduling.

Genius is such a crapshoot...detailed info all depends on which operator picks up the phone.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 02:22 PM   #25
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Exactly... info always varys by person. They just need to check under status then "At processing center"... not that difficult. Here is the screenshot I have from their system. It was just entered to the system right before I sent it here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-10-2022, 12:34 PM   #26
darleen721
Private
Rep

Quote:
Exactly... info always varys by person. They just need to check under status then "At processing center"... not that difficult. Here is the screenshot I have from their system. It was just entered to the system right before I sent it here.
I just spoke with Genius and they gave me an estimated delivery date of 9/16 as well! Looks like I get to meet my new beauty next weekend!!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 05:16 PM   #27
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darleen721 View Post
I just spoke with Genius and they gave me an estimated delivery date of 9/16 as well! Looks like I get to meet my new beauty next weekend!!
Awesome! I am just hoping that there are no delays with the trucking companies, fingers crossed but you never know nowadays. Hoping to have it before the weekend so I have time to do ceramic.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 05:40 PM   #28
darleen721
Private
Rep

Quote:
Awesome! I am just hoping that there are no delays with the trucking companies, fingers crossed but you never know nowadays. Hoping to have it before the weekend so I have time to do ceramic.
My dealership is literally less than an hour away from Oxnard so you know my mind is thinking “can’t I just go get it myself today?’
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 06:25 PM   #29
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My dealership is literally less than an hour away from Oxnard so you know my mind is thinking “can’t I just go get it myself today?’
Exactly, I would have gone to the factory for it if I could just to get it sooner.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2022, 12:28 PM   #30
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Another status update today, car has been released to carrier. So close!! No shipping notification for the dealetship though so still likely 2-3 days out.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 03:25 PM   #31
darleen721
Private
Rep

Quote:
Another status update today, car has been released to carrier. So close!! No shipping notification for the dealetship though so still likely 2-3 days out.
I'm not seeing this as an F12 order status update so did you get this from Genius or your dealership?
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2022, 04:01 PM   #32
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not seeing this as an F12 order status update so did you get this from Genius or your dealership?
From the dealership. Those steps in the transport from VPC to dealership don't have a status number update, just viewable steps on the dealers end. Next step in the process after being released to carrier is "Delivered from VPC", so it is so close.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2022, 04:40 PM   #33
darleen721
Private
Rep

Quote:
From the dealership. Those steps in the transport from VPC to dealership don't have a status number update, just viewable steps on the dealers end. Next step in the process after being released to carrier is "Delivered from VPC", so it is so close.
Well, shoot. I just hung up with Genius and they confirmed that it's been released from VPC and scheduled for a carrier, but now my estimated delivery date to the dealership has been moved from Friday to Sunday (it's going to take a week to be delivered 47 miles away). He also informed me that it then has to go through an inspection process once it reaches the dealership.

Broke my heart...no snazzy new car this weekend.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2022, 04:56 PM   #34
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, shoot. I just hung up with Genius and they confirmed that it's been released from VPC and scheduled for a carrier, but now my estimated delivery date to the dealership has been moved from Friday to Sunday (it's going to take a week to be delivered 47 miles away). He also informed me that it then has to go through an inspection process once it reaches the dealership.

Broke my heart...no snazzy new car this weekend.
That sucks, sorry to hear that. Only takes a couple hours realistically for them to stock in and complete the PDI and then however long the detailers take to finish it up. I'm guessing your service center is similar to mine with being low volume on Saturdays and closed on Sundays anyways. Hopefully when they are in full swing again on Monday they can get your car to you as soon as possible.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2022, 07:41 PM   #35
darleen721
Private
Rep

Quote:
That sucks, sorry to hear that. Only takes a couple hours realistically for them to stock in and complete the PDI and then however long the detailers take to finish it up. I'm guessing your service center is similar to mine with being low volume on Saturdays and closed on Sundays anyways. Hopefully when they are in full swing again on Monday they can get your car to you as soon as possible.
My dealer called and confirmed it will be delivered on Friday afternoon so I'm heading in on Saturday morning to finalize paperwork and pick up my baby!! FINALLY!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 07:44 PM   #36
darleen721
Private
Rep

IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!!!
My car ended up arriving a few days early to my dealership so I'll be camping out at the dealership's front door on Friday morning to pick up my keys. Ended up taking 2 months + 3 days from order placed date to delivery to the dealership. While I had a slight hang-up in the QA stage, the entire process was pretty smooth and quicker then I had anticipated. To all my "build buddies" out there...thanks for the entertainment and I am crossing my fingers that you see movement SOON!
Attached Images

Last edited by darleen721; 09-14-2022 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 09:19 PM   #37
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!!!
My car ended up arriving a few days early to my dealership so I'll be camping out at the dealership's front door on Friday morning to pick up my keys. Ended up taking 2 months + 3 days from order placed date to delivery to the dealership. While I had a slight hang-up in the QA stage, the entire process was pretty smooth and quicker then I had anticipated. To all my "build buddies" out there...thanks for the entertainment and I am crossing my fingers that you see movement SOON!
That's awesome! Sounds like yours was a relatively quick from the order placed date to date of arrival. Make sure to post some pics of that spec, it looks great. Mine still hasn't been picked up on a truck even though today was the "Ship Date", hoping I see some movement soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 10:00 AM   #38
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Looks like my dealer received the shipping notification last night after closing hours, could be here today or tomorrow!
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2022, 12:09 PM   #39
darleen721
Private
Rep

Quote:
Looks like my dealer received the shipping notification last night after closing hours, could be here today or tomorrow!
So exciting...this will be a fun weekend for both of us!!!!
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2022, 01:54 PM   #40
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

Is there a regular rotation of ships that do the delivery from Lazaro Cardenas to Port Hueneme?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 02:07 PM   #41
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJon View Post
Is there a regular rotation of ships that do the delivery from Lazaro Cardenas to Port Hueneme?
Not any regular vessela per se, but they almost solely use NYK Line for their shipping.
Appreciate 1
SoCalJon234.50
      09-15-2022, 03:09 PM   #42
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Amazing news, my car was just pulled off the truck and they are working away on it already, might take delivery tonight!
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2022, 11:33 PM   #43
darleen721
Private
Rep

Quote:
Amazing news, my car was just pulled off the truck and they are working away on it already, might take delivery tonight!
Did you pick it up tonite?? Don’t forget to share pics!
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2022, 11:42 PM   #44
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did you pick it up tonite?? Don’t forget to share pics!
I sure did! (Sort of)
Currently have the car with dealer plates as I didn't go through finance yet but will be back to do that tomorrow and get a better detail. Will send more pics once that is done, didn't get the chance to take any pics of my own during the daytime.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0