Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Service Inclusive (Cyber Week deal)

01-28-2022, 08:21 AM   #89
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

I’ve only ever known that page to allow people to sign up during Black Friday.

Can anyone who doesn’t have service inclusive check what that page shows if you’re logged in to your account ?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 08:44 AM   #90
BennyDunks
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
I've only ever known that page to allow people to sign up during Black Friday.

Can anyone who doesn't have service inclusive check what that page shows if you're logged in to your account ?
Not available
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 12:16 PM   #91
gregch
Private
Rep
Drives: G22 420i

BMW Service Inclusive is showing as available for our car on the connected drive web page but says we can't actually purchase it from the web page/app directly; but we have received an email from the supplying dealership offering BMW Service Inclusive but asking us to contact them to purchase it.

Question: If I purchase it from that dealership, can the services be done at any BMW dealership and be covered under Service Inclusive? or does the fact it has to be purchased from a dealer rather than directly from Connected Drive mean each Service Inclusive package only applies to the specified dealership??

(to be clear - it's clear from the email that it is the 'proper' BMW Service Inclusive package they're talking about, not one of those dealership group's own prepay service packages that I'm aware some dealerships offer)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 04:47 AM   #92
Riccardog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320i Touring MSport

I also got an email from my dealer (Sytner) offering the 5yr Service Inclusive at £699. Its not clear though what it includes nor whether its limited to Sytner dealerships only (I assume yes). I emailed them a week ago, no response...

Btw, I had originally signed up to the £629 black Friday offer and paid on the very last day of this, only for it not to take effect (money ultimately not taken from my account).
Appreciate 1
goodbyalfa1059.00
      02-28-2022, 06:31 AM   #93
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
I also got an email from my dealer (Sytner) offering the 5yr Service Inclusive at £699. Its not clear though what it includes nor whether its limited to Sytner dealerships only (I assume yes). I emailed them a week ago, no response...

Btw, I had originally signed up to the £629 black Friday offer and paid on the very last day of this, only for it not to take effect (money ultimately not taken from my account).
Our quote (for 420i) was £598 from the dealership where we bought the car (Listers), but we're likely to want to get it serviced at Sytner (because they're nearer).

So it would be great to know if the prepaid service package - described as "BMW Service Inclusive" is valid for services at any UK BMW dealership, or only at the one you buy the package from (as it's not currently available to buy online direct from BMW). Does anyone know if that's the case?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 07:50 AM   #94
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Is Service Inclusive available to Joe Public using a private BMW PCP, or is it for commercial agreements only?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 08:35 AM   #95
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Is Service Inclusive available to Joe Public using a private BMW PCP, or is it for commercial agreements only?
Yes, I bought mine in the Black Friday deal in 2020.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 1
avi662777.50
      02-28-2022, 08:40 AM   #96
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
Yes, I bought mine in the Black Friday deal in 2020.
Thanks.

Hoping to take delivery of my new car soon, and asked the dealer about Service Inclusive. Was told it wasn't available.....

I can see an option on BMW Connected Drive but can add my VIN until I get the car.

Last edited by avi66; 03-01-2022 at 03:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 10:46 AM   #97
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks.

Hoping to take delivery of my new car soon, and asked the dealer about Service Inclusive. Was told it was available.....

I can see an option on BMW Connected Drive but can add my VIN until I get the car.
Even then, as others have said, although it's listed on Connected Drive I don't think you can buy it there, other than during promotions - otherwise it seems it needs to be bought from a dealer and the price is negotiated with them.

What I still can't pin down exactly is whether it'll be 'accepted' at another BMW dealership other than the one you buy it from.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 11:01 AM   #98
Riccardog
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregch View Post
Our quote (for 420i) was £598 from the dealership where we bought the car (Listers), but we're likely to want to get it serviced at Sytner (because they're nearer).
My £599 was for a 320i. As its practically same car as yours (mechanically) I'd expect that if these were BMW UK prices they'd be consistent. As it is, given variance in prices, seems like they could be dealer group specific then.

One of us should really just pick-up the phone and call!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 12:41 AM   #99
Ross_
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey330i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
Quote:
Yes the scope cost is included. I had my oil service done recently and it was all free, the only thing I got charged was £12 insurance on the loan car I had for a few hours
They're cheeky sods aren't they, charging an 'insurance cost' on the loan cars?
I've never been charged that by my supplying dealer when in for service. Be interesting to see if they charge me for this one though since they didn't supply it?
You'd certainly think they could cover the loaner insurance as part of the cost of doing business. Is cheeky to say the least!
My local dealership covered the insurance, didn't even ask. Also gave me an electric car to avoid having to replace the fuel.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 03:24 AM   #100
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks.

Hoping to take delivery of my new car soon, and asked the dealer about Service Inclusive. Was told it was available.....

Sorry typo should have said "wasn't" available anymore. Post updated.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:19 AM   #101
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
My £599 was for a 320i. As its practically same car as yours (mechanically) I'd expect that if these were BMW UK prices they'd be consistent. As it is, given variance in prices, seems like they could be dealer group specific then.

One of us should really just pick-up the phone and call!
I'll call later, and report back.

It just seems weird that even though a fair few people on here have evidently bought the package, nobody knows where they can use it - or if they do, they're not telling!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:19 AM   #102
Davey330i
DaveyM340i
United Kingdom
Rep

This forum really is a great resource for BMW owners, thanks to those that pointed out the discrepancy of the service inclusive dates.

It prompted me to check mine, my car registration date on DVLA docs May 2021, service inclusive expiry December 2025 so just the 6 months out! What's 6 months free servicing between friends lol. The mileage is also out online but not to worried about that as that can easily be verified on the car itself.

Anyone got an email/ contact that was effective in getting the system updated to show the correct date? Or is it just a case of going through the normal customer service email?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:23 AM   #103
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
This forum really is a great resource for BMW owners, thanks to those that pointed out the discrepancy of the service inclusive dates.

It prompted me to check mine, my car registration date on DVLA docs May 2021, service inclusive expiry December 2025 so just the 6 months out! What's 6 months free servicing between friends lol. The mileage is also out online but not to worried about that as that can easily be verified on the car itself.

Anyone got an email/ contact that was effective in getting the system updated to show the correct date? Or is it just a case of going through the normal customer service email?

Since you have Service Inclusive, do you know whether it's valid at BMW dealerships other than the one you purchased it from? And if so, would you care to let me know? That would be awesome, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:26 AM   #104
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
The mileage is also out online but not to worried about that as that can easily be verified on the car itself.
I recall it was concluded that the mileage specified on the site was in KM's. So do the conversion from current miles and it may be close to whats being reported on the website.
      03-01-2022, 05:54 AM   #105
Davey330i
DaveyM340i
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Quote:
The mileage is also out online but not to worried about that as that can easily be verified on the car itself.
I recall it was concluded that the mileage specified on the site was in KM's. So do the conversion from current miles and it may be close to whats being reported on the website.
That's an interesting point is still a bit over with the mile/ km conversion but much closer to the actual mileage. Close enough not to make a big difference
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:57 AM   #106
Davey330i
DaveyM340i
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Since you have Service Inclusive, do you know whether it's valid at BMW dealerships other than the one you purchased it from? And if so, would you care to let me know? That would be awesome, thanks!
So I purchased it on my last car via connected drive online and it was none dealer specific. It was linked to the VIN of car and could use it anywhere. Successfully used it a few times no questions asked all I ever paid was random stuff like insurance for the day on a loan car etc. as long as the BMW system shows the pack any dealership should be able to claim off it

The only question I can't answer is if you buy it from a specific dealership rather than online does that materially change it at all. In my mind it wouldn't as once it is registered you can go where you choose. But I am afraid I can't confirm that.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 06:44 AM   #107
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
So I purchased it on my last car via connected drive online and it was none dealer specific. It was linked to the VIN of car and could use it anywhere. Successfully used it a few times no questions asked all I ever paid was random stuff like insurance for the day on a loan car etc. as long as the BMW system shows the pack any dealership should be able to claim off it

The only question I can't answer is if you buy it from a specific dealership rather than online does that materially change it at all. In my mind it wouldn't as once it is registered you can go where you choose. But I am afraid I can't confirm that.
Ah, OK, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 08:00 AM   #108
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
I'll call later, and report back.

It just seems weird that even though a fair few people on here have evidently bought the package, nobody knows where they can use it - or if they do, they're not telling!!!
If, like me, you buy it via the Black Friday deal on the connected portal, you can use it at any dealers, it's not dealer specific. Now if you buy it from a dealer then it maybe a dealer offer and not a BMW offer so might be tied to said dealer.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 08:38 AM   #109
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
If, like me, you buy it via the Black Friday deal on the connected portal, you can use it at any dealers, it's not dealer specific. Now if you buy it from a dealer then it maybe a dealer offer and not a BMW offer so might be tied to said dealer.
That makes sense, thanks.

It seems that it's only available to buy via the connected portal very occasionally (cyber week, etc), and that the rest of the time you have to buy it from a dealer. But BMW don't tell you how much it should cost (that's down to the dealer), or what the terms are (you have to rely on the dealer you buy it from, and hope that if you need to use it at a different dealer, they'll honour the same terms, or...?).

Presumably it's done this way so that each dealer can add whatever margin they like on an individually-negotiated basis so that they get the maximum profit from customers happy to pay more and don't lose sales from those that aren't. And some will try to sell a dealer-chain-specific service package instead. Either way its another car salesman negotiation I have to do, which I personally don't enjoy.

This kind of opaque 'smoke and mirrors' nonsense is a personal pet hate; and so far it's the first bum note of the BMW experience.

Is there anyone on here who *did* buy BMW Service Inclusive from a dealership? (I gather from the BMW website that after this month it will only be available until 90 days from first registration, so I won't be able to wait for this year's connected drive cyber promotion).

Last edited by gregch; 03-01-2022 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #110
Riccardog
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Greg, the Service Inclusive from the BM ConnectedDrive site can be bought as long as the car hasn't had its first service. Therefore you could wait until black Friday, if we assume BMW will be running the promotion again in 2022.

Btw, another data point. BMW Park Lane also had quoted me on their version of Service Inclusive and I think it was ~£1k. They specifically said that it would have only applied to their network. Theirs also included the cost of the MOTs.
Appreciate 0