BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 2021 M440i Jack Points

09-27-2021, 11:56 AM   #1
GaryGK
Private
Rep
Drives: 1987 5.7l IROC-Z, 2021 M440i

2021 M440i Jack Points

The owners manual only shows the four lifting points, two on each side of the car as points to lift the car. I know older cars had a front central lifting point where you could use a floor jack to lift the whole front end. Has anyone tried to use a floor jack to lift the front end of the G22?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 07:24 PM   #2
k4sh_90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
It's the same set up with the G20. Just the four jack points at the corners, no great center locations.

Hey Google, play "Who Am I" by Beenie Man
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 01:18 AM   #3
rostrata
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 M340iX

Garage List
You can most certainly use the central location under the front of the vehicle. I have a 3.5 ton floor jack that slips right under and deep enough to get right on the spot. Several oil changes now. Not a single issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 01:29 AM   #4
k4sh_90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostrata View Post
You can most certainly use the central location under the front of the vehicle. I have a 3.5 ton floor jack that slips right under and deep enough to get right on the spot. Several oil changes now. Not a single issue.
Please elaborate on the location you found as I'm very curious

Hey Google, play "Who Am I" by Beenie Man
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 01:44 AM   #5
rostrata
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_ckash623 View Post
Please elaborate on the location you found as I'm very curious
Sure. From The front end, dead center, straight back to the area where the slope comes to the lowest spot and continues to the rear. There should be an area that looks a bit different from the surrounding spots. Definitely doesn’t look like anything. But it is solid af and works well for floor jacks (preferably with a wide contact pad). Just remember to go back far enough to get the entire contact patch on the lower portion. You don’t want to risk having it slide on the slope. I have to push my Jack all the way under the front end to get it far back enough. It’s a little tall so I scrap the stupid plastic guard and I have to keep the handle completely flat and start out using very small movements. But you’ll be able to hit full movement quickly once it gets off the floor. I’d attach an image but my phone and this webpage don’t play well. If you can take a pic, feel free to post it and I can easily confirm the spot. Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 06:16 PM   #6
Mastamoe
Private
Rep
Drives: '21 m340 rwd

Quote:
Sure. From The front end, dead center, straight back to the area where the slope comes to the lowest spot and continues to the rear. There should be an area that looks a bit different from the surrounding spots. Definitely doesn’t look like anything. But it is solid af and works well for floor jacks (preferably with a wide contact pad). Just remember to go back far enough to get the entire contact patch on the lower portion. You don’t want to risk having it slide on the slope. I have to push my Jack all the way under the front end to get it far back enough. It’s a little tall so I scrap the stupid plastic guard and I have to keep the handle completely flat and start out using very small movements. But you’ll be able to hit full movement quickly once it gets off the floor. I’d attach an image but my phone and this webpage don’t play well. If you can take a pic, feel free to post it and I can easily confirm the spot. Let me know.
Excellent point. I followed your advice and located the jacking point yesterday. The splash shield has a circular indentation. I even went as far as removing the splash shield and confirmed that it under the circular indentation was the middle of the front cross member. I jacked the car about 18 inches high from here and I didn't have any issues.

I guess I'll use the cast iron housing of the differential as the rear jack point.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 02:07 PM   #7
shaggy35
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m440i

Can't quite make out where that is from the angles I can see, If you could mark it on the attached photo that would be great
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 02:19 PM   #8
GaryGK
Private
Rep
Drives: 1987 5.7l IROC-Z, 2021 M440i

Quote:

The dealership told me it is no longer a jack point, at least on the M440i.
Appreciate 0