Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Unable to add Port Installed parts

01-04-2024, 09:55 AM   #1
farmprotector
Registered
Rep
Drives: M340ix

Unable to add Port Installed parts

Ordered a m340i which finally got a production number and says that it’s scheduled for production. My sales person told me that he is unable to add Port installed accessories I wanted.

Does anyone have any insight as to why they might not be able to add the parts I want? I was looking to add the M Peformance Exhaust and couple other things. The person said there is no option for him to add the options, it’s not letting him.

I don’t want to have to pay for labor, should I cancel my order and order the car somewhere else?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 10:43 AM   #2
Sparch
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i, 430i GC

Depending on how loud you want your car - MPE is going to make it slightly obnoxious, especially on cold start. But it’s liveable. However that only increases if you add a downpipe and pushes it a bit much for my personal taste.

I have both and it’s a little much for me.

I think a catted DP and stock exhaust would have been optimal. Especially if you are aiming as I was for an OEM + vibe.

I was not going for anything over the top. My goal was - Mild mannered Clark Kent by day, and Superman at night ��. My combo is more David Banner / Incredible Hulk.

Anyhow they were not able to add my MPE until after my car came out of production. It was mostly a supply chain issue. Just make sure your rep keeps trying and escalates it outside of the order system. They probably need to make a call.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2024, 10:53 AM   #3
farmprotector
Registered
Rep
Drives: M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparch View Post

I think a catted DP and stock exhaust would have been optimal. Especially if you are aiming as I was for an OEM + vibe.

I was not going for anything over the top. My goal was - Mild mannered Clark Kent by day, and Superman at night ��. My combo is more David Banner / Incredible Hulk.

Thank you for the response, this is precisely what I am looking for. Not looking for a extremely loud obnoxious car but wanted something slightly louder than stock. I might just save my money and go for the catted DP later
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 12:23 PM   #4
Sparch
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i, 430i GC

I would just go Catted DP (Activ Autowerk - No CEL issues)u will get deeper tone, but most importantly a better option for performance gains.

MPE basically just a muffler, and provides zero gains only sound.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2024, 02:45 PM   #5
nicolette
nicolette
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Audi S4

I’m also dealing with this issue and I spoke with multiple people, even called bmw usa and I guess it’s not available anymore for 2024 models. They said it would have to be added as an accessory and installed at the dealer.
Appreciate 0