Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) RW Carbon vs Future Design Carbon

06-05-2023, 03:49 PM   #1
Asleep-Albatross
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M440i

RW Carbon vs Future Design Carbon

Re: I'm shopping for G22 aero kits, at minimum the CSL style grille, and we'll see about lips and side skirts.

In the mid-tier of aftermarket carbon fiber (a step below OEM & IND but above direct from AliExpress) - what's the consensus between RW Carbon and Future Design

I hear from both a mix of dealership folk and performance shops that RW Carbon is generally great, and there's seems to be more internet chatter and reviews about them which makes it feel like a secure company to shop from (and get good customer service). Future Design on the other hand has some weird history on the forums, companies folding in and out, there was a Washington based shop called Future Design with the same logo that hasn't posted since 2020?! This current shop linked above is now based out of Houston and has a fairly strong Instagram following and detailed photography of products. But I can't seem to find any one who has actually bought from them.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Asleep-Albatross; 06-05-2023 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 08:08 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I have no idea about Future Design, but I have purchased most of the major CF that is not OEM, for any/all of my BMW's from RW - such as front spoilers/trunk spoilers/diffusers/side splitters/etc

Quik shipping (as long as item is in stock), excellent packaging - never any chance for damage, Hi quality parts - perfect weave/durable long lasting clear UV coating, pretty much perfect fitment (99%) on all the items I purchased for E/F/G series.

They also offer great customer service in answering any questions or help with install
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2023, 07:17 PM   #3
b0ss876
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i RWD

Garage List
2021 M340i RWD  [0.00]
I picked up a set of mirror caps for my G20 from RW and I am more than happy with the quality. Easy to install and excellent customer service. I've since put in an order for a new trunk spoiler from them.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2023, 07:34 PM   #4
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG

I bought a few carbon fiber items from Infinite Autowerks. Everything has been top notch quality. They only sell dry carbon as opposed to some of these companies that sell wet carbon. Even Adro who sells what appears to be the highest quality kits sells wet carbon for the majority of their G20 body parts.

I would argue IAW carbon is OEM level quality as BMW OE produces dry carbon fiber parts.

https://infiniteautowerks.com/shop/e...w-g20-g28-g80/

https://infiniteautowerks.com/shop/e...-carbon-fiber/
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2023, 10:29 AM   #5
acudaf82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3, 2023 BMW M440i

G26 - Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep-Albatross View Post
Re: I'm shopping for G22 aero kits, at minimum the CSL style grille, and we'll see about lips and side skirts.

In the mid-tier of aftermarket carbon fiber (a step below OEM & IND but above direct from AliExpress) - what's the consensus between RW Carbon and Future Design

I hear from both a mix of dealership folk and performance shops that RW Carbon is generally great, and there's seems to be more internet chatter and reviews about them which makes it feel like a secure company to shop from (and get good customer service). Future Design on the other hand has some weird history on the forums, companies folding in and out, there was a Washington based shop called Future Design with the same logo that hasn't posted since 2020?! This current shop linked above is now based out of Houston and has a fairly strong Instagram following and detailed photography of products. But I can't seem to find any one who has actually bought from them.

Thoughts?
I did a mix of OEM carbon fiber on my new G26. OEM rear spoiler and door sills....RW Carbon front lip. I actually went to their shop and had them install. Very nice and professional group, did an excellent job on my install and the part looks fantastic - no regrets. I would totally buy from them again.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      06-12-2023, 10:18 AM   #6
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [10.00]
RW Carbon has great customer service. I’ve purchased front lips, rear deck lip and side skirts. Installed by them as well. Although one can argue that you could find the same or similar enough piece in Alibaba, the convenience and assurance you are buying from a reputable vendor is worth the premium price to me.