Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Gloss Black Rear Badges for 330e and xdrive

10-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #1
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive

Garage List
Gloss Black Rear Badges for 330e and xdrive

Anyone have a clue where (or indeed are they available) the above 2 x rear badges in gloss black
I have found a xdrive badge, but the supplier is out of stock and cant be sure when next in. As for the 330e badge, i can find all other variants but no "e" versions?
      11-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #2
JM13RS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 Touring

Garage List
Get that badge off

first thing I did, looks much better.

https://ibb.co/rZ273z6
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 07:18 AM   #3
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM13RS View Post
Get that badge off

first thing I did, looks much better.

https://ibb.co/rZ273z6
Ive thought the same and think the debadge route maybe the answer!!
      11-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #4
andy5468
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340D LCI

Totally agree. Get those badges gone.

First thing I did when I got my car home.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #5
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5468 View Post
Totally agree. Get those badges gone.

First thing I did when I got my car home.
Yeah I think debadge cheers guys
      11-04-2020, 03:50 AM   #6
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

You should NOT remove the rear badge on hybrids. It can not be done from the factory for a reason.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 08:40 AM   #7
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusAdam View Post
You should NOT remove the rear badge on hybrids. It can not be done from the factory for a reason.
Sorry i dont follow, are you saying you cant remove them or shouldn't remove them? Why not?
      11-04-2020, 10:32 AM   #8
JM13RS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
what?? They are just a stick on badge with adhesive like any other car badge..

Bit of warm heat from a hair dryer and it will fall right off.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 10:52 AM   #9
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboysafc View Post
Sorry i dont follow, are you saying you cant remove them or shouldn't remove them? Why not?
I think it's because emergency crews have to be able to see it's a hybrid as they deal with certain incidents differently when it's a hybrid compared to a regular ICE vehicle.

I presume that's why the debadge option isn't available on the hybrids.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #10
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Volvo

Surely the extra flap for the charge point would give it away?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #11
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Quote:
I think it's because emergency crews have to be able to see it's a hybrid as they deal with certain incidents differently when it's a hybrid compared to a regular ICE vehicle.

I would guess the only logical reason, but would like to hear GeniusAdam to confirm
If its not a legal requirement and I guess not, then it's down to choice.
The hopefully extremely rare chance you are involved in a scrape that you would need the fire service versus everyday pleasure on how you would like your vehicle to look. Ive just never heard of such a thing previously
      11-04-2020, 02:25 PM   #12
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Quote:

That and towing the car, but you can't de-badge any BMW from the factory any more. Used to be a no cost option "model designation deletion", but it's disappeared a couple of years ago. The dealer just did mine for me at my request.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #13
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I would guess the only logical reason, but would like to hear GeniusAdam to confirm
The hopefully extremely rare chance you are involved in a scrape that you would need the fire service versus everyday pleasure on how you would like your vehicle to look. Ive just never heard of such a thing previously
I can not comment on the legality since you are in UK.
Just saying you probably should not do that, because of the emergency services, like mofomat pointed out.

wassap What if you are in a crash where the charging flap will not be visible anymore?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:26 AM   #14
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
Surely the extra flap for the charge point would give it away?
I can think of several situations where the flap wouldn't be visible after an accident, such as the car being on its left-hand side, or another vehicle blocking the front left wing. A badge on the rear doubles the external identifiers, and it's at the opposite end of the car which already increases the chances of it being noticeably a PHEV.

Quote:
I have. A couple of months ago I even saw documentation which is provided to the emergency services to help them identify which PHEV and BEV models each manufacturer sells, including external clues and how they're badged.

No idea where the law stands on the matter, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
That and towing the car, but you can't de-badge any BMW from the factory any more. Used to be a no cost option "model designation deletion", but it's disappeared a couple of years ago. The dealer just did mine for me at my request.
That must be a UK thing. In the NL it's still possible to debadge BMWs from the factory...except for the hybrids.
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2020, 10:30 AM   #15
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I can not comment on the legality since you are in UK.
Just saying you probably should not do that, because of the emergency services, like mofomat pointed out.

wassap What if you are in a crash where the charging flap will not be visible anymore?
Ok i now understand where you're coming from. But I would like to think that any emergency crew would have the expertise to handle any and all RTA's
God forbid any of us are ever involved in one
It wouldn't sway me from removing badges I'm afraid. But absolutely get what you're saying. My opinion is my own.
P.s. if the accident broke off the flap, then the charge point would be exposed and probably give the emergency services a more obvious clue than having to open it to find out.
      11-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #16
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
P.s. if the accident broke off the flap, then the charge point would be exposed and probably give the emergency services a more obvious clue than having to open it to find out.
When GeniusAdam asked "what if the flap was no longer visible", I assume he meant obscured, either by another vehicle or because the car is on its side. I don't think he meant it had detached from the car.

I don't know whether it's me who has a vivid imagination, or other people have a lack of one, but it's not hard to envisage a scenario where the charge flap is obscured after an accident.

It wouldn't stop me debadging my 330e should I choose to, but it's just an explanation as to why the situation is as it is. Like I said above, emergency services are even provided with info in order to be able to identify PHEVs and BEVs from every manufacturer, including how the models are badged. This isn't something I'm making up.

Last edited by mofomat; 11-05-2020 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #17
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
All Good Colonel - cheers
      11-06-2020, 03:57 AM   #18
JM13RS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Dealer did mine for me before delivery. Can see what you are saying though, Colonel.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 06:09 AM   #19
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Ok i now understand where you're coming from. But I would like to think that any emergency crew would have the expertise to handle any and all RTA's
It wouldn't sway me from removing badges I'm afraid. But absolutely get what you're saying. My opinion is my own.
Yeah, I hope also that they would know better how to handle these situations. I agree that at the end of the day, it is your car and your choice of course and hopefully none of us will have to experience the situation where it would come in handy to have the badges on the car.

But obviously it is not that widespread information. So I was hoping that if any other PHEV owner would be thinking to remove badges they would have at least some food for thought
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 06:48 AM   #20
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I hope also that they would know better how to handle these situations. I agree that at the end of the day, it is your car and your choice of course and hopefully none of us will have to experience the situation where it would come in handy to have the badges on the car.

But obviously it is not that widespread information. So I was hoping that if any other PHEV owner would be thinking to remove badges they would have at least some food for thought
No problem at all - thanks for the explanation & understanding
All the best
      11-28-2020, 02:24 AM   #21
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No problem at all - thanks for the explanation & understanding
All the best
Rebadge, i do think its a better look, clean. But also understand others opinions. Just my preference.
Attached Images

11-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #22
danorman777
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

Very clean, can you show a full picture of the carbon number plate surround please?
Appreciate 0