Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion First Look at the BMW iNEXT Production Prototype + Spy Pics

11-05-2019, 11:10 AM   #67
kitzune
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Comments at pretty harsh. I actually dig the steering wheel. Finally something new, GXX wheels are pretty mediocre. Also those displays are just dusty testing hardware. I bet final design will be clean and modern. So far not bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 11:43 AM   #68
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitzune View Post
Comments at pretty harsh. I actually dig the steering wheel. Finally something new, GXX wheels are pretty mediocre. Also those displays are just dusty testing hardware. I bet final design will be clean and modern. So far not bad.
I agree.
How people can still judge an interior even in prototype stage when clearly everything on view is at this stage handbuilt prototypes where it isn't shown that the dash frame, console and door cappings are molded in low quality rapid-injected plastic.

In its final form it is around 85% of the concept, again elements have to be reconfigured to accommodate crash testing and production.
Detailing remains but brought up to scratch for production.
It's a modern vehicle and the next evolution of the BMWi design language. Some may say it's like a larger i3 but when you see it in its final guise it's more SUV-Crossover than the prototype suggests.
      11-06-2019, 02:11 AM   #69
Nahlem
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW i3s (DD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I agree.
How people can still judge an interior even in prototype stage when clearly everything on view is at this stage handbuilt prototypes where it isn't shown that the dash frame, console and door cappings are molded in low quality rapid-injected plastic.

In its final form it is around 85% of the concept, again elements have to be reconfigured to accommodate crash testing and production.
Detailing remains but brought up to scratch for production.
It's a modern vehicle and the next evolution of the BMWi design language. Some may say it's like a larger i3 but when you see it in its final guise it's more SUV-Crossover than the prototype suggests.
Sometimes people judge the car before even seeing it a very common phenomena on this forums

But do you have any more info regarding the I4 scott? The i3s is a great little machine but the urge for a more normal sedan car with proper performance and range, is something we are all waiting for something to beat the Model 3 with

Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 02:15 AM   #70
Kjenndal
Germany
Rep
Drives: -

In the sideview the front seems to be much shorter in comparison to the X5 or am I wrong?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:37 PM   #71
12nine
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
Inext interiour also, at this Stage isn't very impressive, hopefully the screens will be implemented better
How can you see that from the current stage?
Nothing is really finished ...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #72
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

It looks like a minivan... every time I see BMW news lately it's like a dagger through my heart.