Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA iDrive 7 update 07/2021 available now

04-03-2022, 06:35 AM   #23
joe328
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Before all the updates started my 2019 330i used to have a lovely exhaust note with the odd crackle and pop. Updates took this away.
My cars performance seems to have declined after one update (based on driving no actual dyno evidence). Few little changes here and there but to be honest if I had my time again I would never update. There has been no real 'upgrade' to anything as a result of any update just the odd annoyance. Wonder if we can go back to old firmware
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 10:44 PM   #24
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe328 View Post
Before all the updates started my 2019 330i used to have a lovely exhaust note with the odd crackle and pop. Updates took this away.
My cars performance seems to have declined after one update (based on driving no actual dyno evidence). Few little changes here and there but to be honest if I had my time again I would never update. There has been no real 'upgrade' to anything as a result of any update just the odd annoyance. Wonder if we can go back to old firmware
No, you cant revert.
But the exhaust note will soon come back. I thought mine had changed (M340i not 330i) and was a little more muted. But the update deletes personal settings for Sport Individual and I also think it may erase some of the gearbox memory that remembers your driving style and shift patterns. Anyway, after a few days driving around in Sport Plus and restoring my Individual settings, its all back to normal and sounds the same and goes the same as it always has. My wife even reckon it sounds better...and now I am getting into trouble for hooning.
The fixes for Radar cruise control and and Lane Change Keep/Assist are great..especially the latter on winding roads- or where there are ghost lines. It seems much better at being able to detect and ignore ghost lines
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 12:27 AM   #25
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfelix View Post
Is BMW Australia going to wait till July 2022 to push 07/21 update?
Eventually got mine yesterday. Very nervous about the process as a whole lot of errors came up during the process was beginning to wonder if it was from all my coding and the car would be bricked. My nearest dealer is 400kms from where I live.

The upgrade took about 30 mins which was also a bit of a worry as I had no external power supply attached but I do have a fairly heavy duty battery as my X5 is a diesel. Re coded the car this morning and did an SVT comparison from my previous iLevel (03/2021) and 28 of the 33 ECU's in the vehicle had been re flashed. Not really keen to repeat this exercise again in a hurry. Will ask my dealer to do the upgrade to 07/2022 when it goes for a service in August
I have not done a test drive but will be interested to see how the SUV behaves with the radar and lane assist updates as I have aSLA UCC and TLA coded. I don't expect TLA to work as it still requires the Traffic Light Location data from the map database which BMW Australia does not supply