Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum I Can Only Use In-House Financing???

01-29-2022, 09:15 AM   #23
ham340
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyATL View Post
So I pushed back against this idiocy and my ca is waiting to hear from management. To me this amounts to changing our deal (after i have 2+ months invested) since this was never mentioned to me. She also said it was a new policy so that cat is out of the bag.

These dealers are making more money than they ever have and they feel the need to add this on....

My dad had a saying that we both have tried to live by...."pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." Perhaps dealers should consider this approach as karma is a bitch.
Glad you pushed back, make sure to keep us updated on the outcome.
Appreciate 1
SpeedyATL1860.00
      01-29-2022, 10:28 AM   #24
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusHoy View Post
It's their car and they certainly have every right to say that will only sell it to you if you finance—just like you have every right to say go pound sand.
So you're suggesting that they have every right not to sell you the car if you pay cash? What if the buyer's Uncle Bunky gives him a personal loan to buy the car and he walks in with a certified check? No sale? That's just ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 10:45 AM   #25
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by springerdrive View Post
Quote:
It's their car and they certainly have every right to say that will only sell it to you if you finance—just like you have every right to say go pound sand.
So you're suggesting that they have every right not to sell you the car if you pay cash? What if the buyer's Uncle Bunky gives him a personal loan to buy the car and he walks in with a certified check? No sale? That's just ridiculous.
As long as they aren't discriminating against you for being in a protected class then they can choose not to sell you a car for any reason.

The system has always worked this way—there was just typically ample supply, volume and competition to keep it in check.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 11:05 AM   #26
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
So I pushed back against this idiocy and my ca is waiting to hear from management. To me this amounts to changing our deal (after i have 2+ months invested) since this was never mentioned to me. She also said it was a new policy so that cat is out of the bag.

These dealers are making more money than they ever have and they feel the need to add this on....

My dad had a saying that we both have tried to live by...."pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." Perhaps dealers should consider this approach as karma is a bitch.
It's a really shitty policy, and good for you for sticking up to it, but at the end of the day it's just a single business transaction (in a sea of transactions) to them. If you don't buy it with these terms then they're wagering that they will have 10 other people lined up to buy it instead who will gladly use whatever financing.

The only ways to change the behavior is if we consumers stop giving in or we ask for regulation to stop it.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 12:42 PM   #27
SpeedyATL
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Garage List
2015 Yamaha FZ-09  [10.00]
2018 BMW S1000XR   [9.83]
2018 BMW R1200RT  [10.00]
2023 BMW X4  [7.88]
2022 BMW Z4  [9.78]
Quote:
It's a really shitty policy, and good for you for sticking up to it, but at the end of the day it's just a single business transaction (in a sea of transactions) to them. If you don't buy it with these terms then they're wagering that they will have 10 other people lined up to buy it instead who will gladly use whatever financing.

The only ways to change the behavior is if we consumers stop giving in or we ask for regulation to stop it.
Yes, sadly they don't give a damn if they sell it to me, or the next guy....I long for the old days (a year or two ago) when being a customer (especially a repeat customer) actually meant something....
2015 Yamaha FZ-09
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 02:13 PM   #28
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Yes, sadly they don't give a damn if they sell it to me, or the next guy....I long for the old days (a year or two ago) when being a customer (especially a repeat customer) actually meant something....
If their "in-house" financing is BMW Finance, it should be fine if they give you the promo rate at the time (0.9, 1.9, etc). Otherwise, you can always refinance after you make the first payment. Check out this site to get an idea of auto refinance rates https://www.gocaribou.com/
      01-30-2022, 01:13 PM   #29
Lightngsvt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not sure it ever really meant anything, just that in the past they didn't have the same leverage they do now.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:19 PM   #30
khearon23
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 540i, 2022 GR Supra

I've only seen "in-house" financing made mandatory if it was married to a manufacturer rebate that made it appealing. No way I would use their financing if they matched loan values I walked in the door with. They'd have to be a close to a point lower on the offered APR.

I'd move to the next dealer....
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 09:17 PM   #31
CristalLawrence
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Your approach makes a lot of sense. In-house financing can be a good option if it offers significant advantages, but it's always important to compare the terms and APR with external financing options. You're absolutely right; it's all about getting the best deal that works for you.

If you ever need to navigate through complex financing decisions, you might also consider chatting with a Mortgage Broker in Cheltenham. They can provide valuable insights and help you make informed choices.

Last edited by CristalLawrence; 12-01-2023 at 01:57 AM..
Appreciate 0