Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Coding High Beam Assist. Is it possible?

11-01-2021, 09:51 AM   #45
eric565
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamer7 View Post
Do you mean that you added HBA without FSC? Who did that for you? I already replaced the stalk but that's not enough to make it work. After pressing auto button the car asks me to buy this option via ConnectedDrive store but it's not possible because it's greyed out.
I bought a set of laser lights on eBay with all the modules, found someone that knows how to code them. More or less do all the features work on the headlights with a retrofit?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 01:48 AM   #46
G20 WestMid
Private
Rep
Drives: White F30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric565 View Post
I bought a set of laser lights on eBay with all the modules, found someone that knows how to code them. More or less do all the features work on the headlights with a retrofit?
Hi who did you use? Can we have some details im stuck in the same boat my hba doesnt work.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 10:20 PM   #47
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMC96 View Post
Hi all. Just wanted to let you know that following the installation of my new stalk r33_RGSport coded my vehicle again today (took about 20 mins) and I’m happy to report that HBA now works flawlessly. It is a bit of a pain in the ass but just figured that I would spread the word that it is possible to retrofit HBA in the G20 with a little time and effort if the feature is that important to you. I’m not aware of anyone else who has done this yet so just figured I would get the news out there. Take care everyone and best of luck!
Hey there, Do you have 5AU Driving Assistant Pro on your vehicle?
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 09:50 AM   #48
jd85_m
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osxboy View Post
Just to confirm my 330e, build date 9th September, arrived yesterday and has the 2nd button for HBA. Clicking prompts me to buy the £160 option. Not sure how that then gets to the car via logging in to connected drive in the car I assume.
I'm in the same situation, but in my county the ConnectedStore is not available... I would be interested if there is any option to code it.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 09:12 AM   #49
drdino
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
What's the latest on this? My G20 doesn't have the HBA button but does have DAP. If I were to fit a stalk with the button, would I be able to purchase the option on the connected drive store?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 09:15 AM   #50
jd85_m
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdino View Post
What's the latest on this? My G20 doesn't have the HBA button but does have DAP. If I were to fit a stalk with the button, would I be able to purchase the option on the connected drive store?
Here is what I know so far:
If you go the official way you must have 9QX (Preparation Driver Assistance) as an option.

So, my guess that you at least should add 9QX to the FA, before it would ever come up in the official store.
(And maybe that's not the only hw element you must retrofit. Having DAP is a good sign though. I hate not having SAS module by the way, as I only have 5AS (DP). But maybe - and I'm just guessing again - some modules maybe on lower version for you and that's also checked before 5AC (HBA) would be offered for you to purchase in the store. I'm not sure how you could confirm this for sure.)

Regarding coding, I've learned from shawnsheridan that for my VIN as an example I would:
"Need a AppID 433 (1B1) -> MID FLA (High Beam Assistant) FSC Code. No way to order it though."

So, FSC is needed. And either you have store (and it's offered for you) or if store is not available, you should go to the BMW dealer and ask for their "Digital services offer" or such. Then the dealer then will provide all options and prerequisites via a pdf that can be purchased and activated offline. You need to match the model and the prerequisites with your VO and order it offline.

Last edited by jd85_m; 03-29-2024 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 03:48 PM   #51
pcp1234
Private
Rep
Drives: G03

I have recently done such retrofit and it quite straight forward. There two types of cars, one without certificate and second type is certificate based cars. Happy to carry out work in person in Leeeds or Dudley, alternative you can do manual side of work and I can deal with programming side

https://www.instagram.com/bimmer_werks86/
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 01:50 PM   #52
Thk78
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Touring (2020)

I'll soon try to retrofit the stalk on my 2020 G21 (part nr. 9436672), without DAP, adding 9QX to the VO and see what happens.
I have serious doubts about the effective availability of the option in Connected Drive, as I should be missing the suitable interior mirror (I have "just" 51166830616 in place of 51167951565), but I'll let you know.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 11:00 AM   #53
Thk78
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Touring (2020)

An update:

I fitted the appropriate SZL. At the press of the HBA button I get a "Function Acquirable" message, inviting me to go the Connected Drive store.

My car has already 431 and 5A4 as options, so I believe all the HW should be in place for that.

Initially I tried adding 5AC to FA and coding KAFAS4, HU, (2x) FLM2, BODY3, DKOMBI. As a consequence, I get an error from the KAFAS (FSC missing).

Back to square one, and aware of the FSC situation, I tried the official way: I modified the VA by adding 9QX (only) and coded KAFAS4, HU, (2x) FLM2, BODY3, DKOMBI.

Nothing new appears in the Connected Drive store, though.

Some questions now:
Is it required to write the updated FA to the car to go down the Connected Drive store route?
Is the car build (11/19) too old for Connected Drive on-demand options? In case, should I bring the relevant field in the FA to 07/20 (or later) and code the modules above again?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 10:38 AM   #54
GOTOFMS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I tried writing FA to the car and confirmed it took because the option code showed up on a bmw car data report. There was no change in the Connected Drive store.
Funny thing is I recently received an RSU which ended up pushing 5AC coding to KAFAS. Of course it threw a KAFAS error for HBA after the update. I ended up removing 5AC from FA and coding stock values.
Appreciate 0