Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications St3 m340i questions. Need help.

01-15-2022, 04:19 AM   #1
Justagoodguy
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i Xdrive

St3 m340i questions. Need help.

Hi guys! I'm thinkning to tune my car(M340i 2021yr of production) to st3 but have some questions:
1. If i understand both of port injectors(precision raceworks) compatible with my engine, but how ? I'm think only gen2 port injector works.
2.Did BMS port injection controller work with presicon raceworks ? Anyone have experience?
Wanna use BMS bcs wanna control it from JB4.
3. How u think, catted DP, Armaspeed intake, hybrid turbo, port injection kit & bigger heat exchanger(CSF or BMS) enough to good st3 tune ? Or would you add something else?
4. Do i need an NGK Spark Plug ? Or is it a waste of money?
I know about meth, but dont wanna use it.

Last edited by Justagoodguy; 01-15-2022 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 06:51 AM   #2
njfoses
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M850i, 22 X6 M50i

Not to burst your bubble, but as of now there is not an available way to crack your DME so you cannot flash tune.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 07:02 AM   #3
Justagoodguy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
Not to burst your bubble, but as of now there is not an available way to crack your DME so you cannot flash tune.
There is a solution for unlocking DME in Russia. It takes 2-3 weeks, long - yeap, but I have no choice
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 10:34 AM   #4
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youonlyliveonce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
There is a solution for unlocking DME in Russia. It takes 2-3 weeks, long - yeap, but I have no choice
Yikes, has anybody done the Russian thing yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 01:48 PM   #5
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthOne View Post
Yikes, has anybody done the Russian thing yet?
Yes

Here's a high level for anyone that is interested:
Any of the M3s that you are seeing modified in the news here etc...have had their DMEs sent to Russia and then a local tuner like RK, Visconti or many others are using something like ecutek to load their tune. And the kicker is the unlocked DME is still susceptible to relock by OTA or dealer updates and then back to Russia it goes.
  • DME gets sent to Russia
  • DME comes back unlocked
  • Local tuner needs a tool to load their tune (something like ECUTEK) because tuner only has a tune but not their own unlock or loader
  • Local tuner uses Ecutek (or similiar)to load their tune onto unlocked DME
  • Local tuner posts to Instagram and the forums that their car is the worlds fastest (or something like that) haha

There is a cloning option as well where your late model DME can be cloned onto an older DME...this is also done in Russia

The holy grail will be a platform that can provide all the aforementioned 3 things in one place (unlock, load, flash) and ideally remotely. You will see this, in time, from someone like Mission Performance, BM3, MHD etc....Mission has it cracked but is not happy with some aspects of the unlock and will not offer it for public consumption at this time

Hope this helps

Last edited by chenry; 01-15-2022 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2022, 01:52 PM   #6
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youonlyliveonce View Post
Hi guys! I'm thinkning to tune my car(M340i 2021yr of production) to st3 but have some questions:
1. If i understand both of port injectors(precision raceworks) compatible with my engine, but how ? I'm think only gen2 port injector works.
2.Did BMS port injection controller work with presicon raceworks ? Anyone have experience?
Wanna use BMS bcs wanna control it from JB4.
3. How u think, catted DP, Armaspeed intake, hybrid turbo, port injection kit & bigger heat exchanger(CSF or BMS) enough to good st3 tune ? Or would you add something else?
4. Do i need an NGK Spark Plug ? Or is it a waste of money?
I know about meth, but dont wanna use it.
Can't wait to see your final results! I would suggest you hit up the Supra forums to get some feedback on your questions - most here are DP and flashed - not too many here pushing to the levels that you are going after. The supra community however has many people that have already gone where you are headed

Keep us in the loop
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 03:24 PM   #7
xnick101
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Yes

Here's a high level for anyone that is interested:
Any of the M3s that you are seeing modified in the news here etc...have had their DMEs sent to Russia and then a local tuner like RK, Visconti or many others are using something like ecutek to load their tune. And the kicker is the unlocked DME is still susceptible to relock by OTA or dealer updates and then back to Russia it goes.
  • DME gets sent to Russia
  • DME comes back unlocked
  • Local tuner needs a tool to load their tune (something like ECUTEK) because tuner only has a tune but not their own unlock or loader
  • Local tuner uses Ecutek (or similiar)to load their tune onto unlocked DME
  • Local tuner posts to Instagram and the forums that their car is the worlds fastest (or something like that) haha

There is a cloning option as well where your late model DME can be cloned onto an older DME...this is also done in Russia

The holy grail will be a platform that can provide all the aforementioned 3 things in one place (unlock, load, flash) and ideally remotely. You will see this, in time, from someone like Mission Performance, BM3, MHD etc....Mission has it cracked but is not happy with some aspects of the unlock and will not offer it for public consumption at this time

Hope this helps
Actually, that is incorrect. They are cloning it to a Pre 06/20 ECU (non-bosch). This means if you took it to the dealer and they relocked it, anyone that can bench unlock an ecu can re-unlock it again. But then again, who is going to the dealer with all these mods on the car. Warranty is definitely voided
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 03:26 PM   #8
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnick101 View Post
Actually, that is incorrect. They are cloning it to a Pre 06/20 ECU (non-bosch). This means if you took it to the dealer and they relocked it, anyone that can bench unlock an ecu can re-unlock it again. But then again, who is going to the dealer with all these mods on the car. Warranty is definitely voided
thank you for the clarification re the original and cloned DME
Appreciate 1
xnick101650.50
      01-17-2022, 02:40 AM   #9
Justagoodguy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Can't wait to see your final results! I would suggest you hit up the Supra forums to get some feedback on your questions - most here are DP and flashed - not too many here pushing to the levels that you are going after. The supra community however has many people that have already gone where you are headed

Keep us in the loop
Thx dude
Temporarily i have st 1 or 1.5
Bcs have intake from armaspeed(It sounds like really motherfucker) & dp from one really fuckin' cool guys from my country & JB4 tune.
Some results my st 1.5

Wet road & nerby 0 celsius.
I can't even imagine what's going to happen at ST3 and summer tires
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 05:03 AM   #10
_mike882
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340i

2021 production bmw m340's cannot be cloned to a pre 6/20 ecu due to mild hybrid system.(the purple lines top right if engine bay)
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 08:18 AM   #11
Justagoodguy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mike882 View Post
2021 production bmw m340's cannot be cloned to a pre 6/20 ecu due to mild hybrid system.(the purple lines top right if engine bay)
if i know, my car dont have mild hybrid.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 08:41 AM   #12
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

purple lines

No, I don't see them on your car. They would be right behind your DME's on the driver side.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 01:37 PM   #13
FellowM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340

Question. I have a car built in 06/2020

What does this mean for me and my tuning options?

How do I know if any recall work at the dealer locked my DME? Also, if it was locked, is this something I could do locally with someone like Kagan or BM3 or something?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 09:14 PM   #14
Pskinner21
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i. 2020 SQ8

Soooo I just finished doing all that you mentioned:

Precision Raceworks Port Injection (Motiv Relfex controller)
After market charge pipe (needed with PI)
Flex fuel setup
PURE 800 Turbo
Turbo back exhaust (catless DP)
xHP Trans Tune (lovvvvve it!)

The tune is a “stg 3” collab between BM3 and my Tuner Cedar Performance. Flex fuel allows me to run anything from 93 pump gas up to full E-85 blend. Checked today E content via BM3 app and it showed 66%. Car runs great- drives stock under normal throttle, and takes off like a piss missle under WOT! Absolutely love the setup. If I were to do it again I would have dropped the extra cash for an aftermarket intake manifold with the PI rail built into it.
Appreciate 0