Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Bimmercode cable or adapter?

12-23-2021, 06:04 PM   #67
gnolivos
Captain
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

I have an older Wifi based Vgate and its very slow, and of course many modules are not supported in bimmercode with it.

I need a foolproof solution, but I rather have a wireless solution. And I want it to be fast (the Vgate wifi was VERY slow).

So my research indicates that a wifi based ENET adapter is the way to go? Can someone tell me if you are using such an adapter, whether all is fine - and send me the name or link.

Ive been researching this for hours, and still cant find something.

(I did consider this one but Im in the US... not sure its ENET but many have said it works well regardless... https://modbmw.com/shop/wifi-enet/ )
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 02:02 AM   #68
G22b58
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G22

I use "BMDiag WiFi ENET High Speed BMW Coding Adapter" on my G22 2021 with BimmerCode and BimmerLink (and Android 10). Haven't done any coding in expert mode, but the changes I did was fast and scanning error codes with BimmerLink takes a few seconds.
Appreciate 1
gnolivos311.50
      01-05-2022, 06:55 PM   #69
gnolivos
Captain
Rep

Got this one - works with bimmercode and it's awesome, and extremely fast!

Wireless ENET OBD2 WiFi Diagnostic & Coding Adapter for BMW F-series G/I-series, Compatible with BimmerCode, E-SYS, Bootmod3, Ethernet, ISTA D, MHD, xHP Flashtool ect, Work with iOS, Android & Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091GN16HC...UTF8&psc=1
      01-24-2022, 07:18 AM   #70
djmrowka
Registered
Rep
Drives: G20 2019 330i

I also use this adapter and bimmercode
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091GN16HC...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 1
gnolivos311.50
      01-24-2022, 09:45 AM   #71
Assassin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340d MHT xDrive

I use Android 11 on a Samsung A52s with ENET cable and a Type-c USB to Ethernet adapter. Its easy to set up, super fast reading the ecus and coding and error free. A good quality can be picked up on Fleabay pretty cheaply. This is the one I use:

https://www.belkin.com/uk/adapters/a...c/p/p-f2cu040/
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 04:25 AM   #72
bandjay04
France
Rep
Drives: Jaguar

I just got an Enet link in light of the fact that the actual link is the most dependable association for coding. All you want for coding your vehicle with BimmerCode is one of the upheld OBD connectors. If it's not too much trouble, note that only one out of every odd connector can be utilized for all upheld vehicles. In the case that you don't know what connector is needed for your vehicle, kindly check for similarity online.

Last edited by bandjay04; 01-25-2022 at 05:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 06:44 AM   #73
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
I have an older Wifi based Vgate and its very slow, and of course many modules are not supported in bimmercode with it.

I need a foolproof solution, but I rather have a wireless solution. And I want it to be fast (the Vgate wifi was VERY slow).

So my research indicates that a wifi based ENET adapter is the way to go? Can someone tell me if you are using such an adapter, whether all is fine - and send me the name or link.

(I did consider this one but Im in the US... not sure its ENET but many have said it works well regardless... https://modbmw.com/shop/wifi-enet/ )
@Gnolivos,

When I first used Bimmercode, I used an MX+ OBDII adapter (believe it's a Bluetooth connection) & it was SLOW!

My current phone is Samsung S21+ and Bimmercode was still SLOW. I found an Anker USB-C to Ethernet adapter that plugs into my ENet cable; I use this combination now & it's wicked fast-- seems even faster than using E-Sys on PC.

Phone setup for Ethernet is easy-- believe instructions are now in Bimmercode

For sure, switch over

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 08:00 AM   #74
gnolivos
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "gnolivos;28392557"

@Gnolivos,

When I first used Bimmercode, I used an MX+ OBDII adapter (believe it's a Bluetooth connection) & it was SLOW!

My current phone is Samsung S21+ and Bimmercode was still SLOW. I found an Anker USB-C to Ethernet adapter that plugs into my ENet cable; I use this combination now & it's wicked fast-- seems even faster than using E-Sys on PC.

Phone setup for Ethernet is easy-- believe instructions are now in Bimmercode

For sure, switch over
Thanks. As stated recently I switched to a wireless ENET solution and it's blazing fast.
      02-18-2022, 05:00 AM   #75
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport

Hi guys,

I programmed by F36 using E-SYS and an ENET cable 5 years ago, and it was smooth sailing since.

Fast forward to 2022, had to send in my Beamer to a shop that wasn't my selection (insurance chose it), who then sent it to a BMW dealer to install a replacement OEM headlight, and our good friends there reflashed the entire car...wiping out both my E-SYS settings and my MHD flash tune.

No biggie. The tune has promptly been reflashed. But I can't find my old ENET cable.

So the question: can I use a USB to ENET adapter with my tune flash cable?

Cheers.
435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 05:55 AM   #76
Heliot077
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G21

Hey there,

someone here having a ENET Cable working with an actual iOS Version?
Mine doesn't work actually...:/
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 08:26 AM   #77
HDClown
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

I just did coding yesterday with my iPhone 12 Pro on iOS 15.3.1. I used the following gear which I had just purchased:

Had to remove the case from my phone to get the Lightning to Ethernet adapter to fully seat. You know it's connected properly if it lights up.

This ENET cable is nicely made. BimmerCode points you to the OHP brand ENET cable which is almost $8 more.

I followed the BimmerCode steps for using an ENET cable and didn't have any issues coding a variety of things across 3 different coding sessions.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 03:18 AM   #78
Heliot077
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thats a good advice...maybe the phonecase is the problem.
Sometimes the easiest things are not "visible"
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 09:08 AM   #79
Heliot077
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update: Doesn't work (even directly connected) on my iPhone XR. Old 1st edition iPhone SE -> works.
Strange, isn't it?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 01:16 AM   #80
dixielee
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
Joedeejay & VipinLJ ,

EEXCELSIOR!! (and I don't mean make all check payable to the state of New York -- an old joke of years gone by :-) )

I didn't hear anything back from Stephan so I tried something on my own this morning (PLEASE NOTE: I had previously set up Ethernet connection on my phone as above):
  • First I connected my ENet cable to my Ethernet to USB-C adapter
  • Then I connected USB-C end of adapter to my phone
  • I opened Bimmercode, clicked on the 3 vertical dots in upper right corner, selected SETTINGS, clicked on the exisiting Adapter, getting a list of adapters, selected MHD ENET (black), closed settings & Bimmercode
  • Next I put phone in Airplane mode (MORE TO FOLLOW ON THAT)
  • Then I connected the OBDII end of cable to car
  • I opened Bimmercode & clicked on CONNECT button, BUT I got a dialog box telling me to turn on WiFi -- so I closed Bimmercode & came out of Airplane mode
  • Opened Bimmercode again, pressed CONNECT button
  • Bimmercode worked super fast & WELL (see below for what I coded)

So, Joedeejay , your instructions were spot on except for turning on Airplane mode!!!

In another thread on this forum, I saw where someone had activated a new audio menu; so I thought I'd give that a try with my HK system. Using Bimmercode (connected as above), I opened Head Unit (HG_MGU), found 3002 AUDIO BROADCAST (NB, not 2002 Audio System); opened that & clicked on Audio-System & changed Alev3RAM (for my car with HK, I guess) to Alev4RAM); and finally clicked on CODE in upper right

So, if you have a Samsung S8, go to SETTINGS, CONNECTIONS, MORE CONNECTION SETTINGS, then ETHERNET (greyed out until you connect cable to phone -- BUT don't need to be connected to car) & enter information as above from Joedeejay

Now I know it works for Samsung S8, BUT honestly am not sure about other Android phones -- best bet is to check & see if you have a greyed out Ethernet entry before you get the adapter (link posted in previous post)

BTW, the new audio menu is terrific

Hope that helps!!
Hi Mate,
One question, do you need the ignition or engine on, to connect Bimmercode using eNet?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 01:33 AM   #81
I L33 I
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D G31

Hi all

I'm new to BMW and coding.
I purchased an OTKEFDI Enet OBD cable and an Anker ISB-C to ethernet adapter, tried connecting everything and then realised that my OnePlus 7 Pro doesn't support ethernet connection.
Just wanting to confirm if the Pixel 7 Pro works fine? Seen comments on previous pages saying that most Samsung and Google devices seem to work but I just wanted to check before taking the plunge.
Appreciate 0