Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires M437 Lovers who like OEM Aggressive Fitments - Look Inside

03-15-2021, 10:05 AM   #45
NJ-BMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeMan View Post
3/13 Update: Still going strong and recently lowered with the addition of 10mm spacers at the front. I did find witness marks on my front strut that show the tire can rub under hard cornering even on passive suspension. However, I did not feel or hear this when it occurred and you can tell it was a slight contact by the tire - not a big deal. I will now recommend everyone to run a 5mm space if your running the factory 255 section tire on the front. If you go down to 245 section width, you'll be fine. This is only if your running factory supra tire sizing. See updated pictures below
Looks awesome. Mind sharing which spring you used and lowered height?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #46
YOGI808
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i & SQ5

Decided to give them a try, springs and spacers for front on order
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      03-15-2021, 05:58 PM   #47
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGI808 View Post
Decided to give them a try, springs and spacers for front on order
Looks really good man! Love the all-black color change. I was thinking of going to a brushed looked.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2021, 05:59 PM   #48
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-BMW View Post
Looks awesome. Mind sharing which spring you used and lowered height?
Dinan Springs, 1 inch front and 3/4 inch rear.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 04:02 AM   #49
G20agba
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw 330i

Garage List
2020 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeMan View Post
3/13 Update: Still going strong and recently lowered with the addition of 10mm spacers at the front. I did find witness marks on my front strut that show the tire can rub under hard cornering even on passive suspension. However, I did not feel or hear this when it occurred and you can tell it was a slight contact by the tire - not a big deal. I will now recommend everyone to run a 5mm space if your running the factory 255 section tire on the front. If you go down to 245 section width, you'll be fine. This is only if your running factory supra tire sizing. See updated pictures below

12/27 Update: Adaptive suspensions may require a 5mm spacer at the front as the struts are thicker. I cannot confirm this as my car is not equipped with adaptive suspension.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a lover of OEM + fitments when it comes to wheels. I think for a lightly modified vehicle it's usually the way to go and stay classy,IMO. Nothing wrong with aftermarket, I just like OEM quality and feel. Thought I would share my journey in finding this set of wheels.

With that said, I was a little disappointed that the G20 chassis and BMW, in general, switched lug patterns from 5x120 to 5x112. My intention when looking at this platform was to run OEM wheels from the M3/4. Shortly after purchase, I found this out - facepalm.

So I set out to see what I can find. As most of you know, BMW is switching over the 5x112 lug pattern. It started with the 7 series and now has trickled down to the 3 series. This is the same lug pattern as MBZ and Audi, so there are tons of options of wheels out [...]
What was your factory rim specs?
Appreciate 0