Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions 2022 Model possible to bimmercode?

01-24-2022, 04:11 AM   #1
grini
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

2022 Model possible to bimmercode?

Hey guys, I'm new here to the forum.

The question I have is that I just got my 2022 M340i xDrive less than a month ago. I already wanted to put a bootmod3 stage 1 tune for more power and pops/burbles, but as of what I know my friend with his M5 F90 told me that '21 and '22 year models are DME locked and can't be even bench unlocked, is that true? I have read many things about the new DME that BMW is putting in now that are not unlockable. Also, my friend has Bimmercode, and I would like to change something in my car via Bimmercode, would it be possible to do it even though the DME is locked or it doesn't have anything in connection to the DME and Bimmercode?

I would appreciate any helpful answers!
Thank you guys in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 07:16 AM   #2
djmrowka
Registered
Rep
Drives: G20 2019 330i

I think after 07/21 all blocked...
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2022, 09:50 AM   #3
Assassin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340d MHT xDrive

General concensus is that the DME can't be unlocked although there are some claims (disputed by others) that it has just been cracked. See here:

The Bimmercode changes ate still possible as they are applied to other ECUs in the car, not the DME. Unless someone knows otherwise for the latest models?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 05:35 AM   #4
Mtneerz
Rep
Drives: 22’ BMW M340i

I just picked up my 2022 M340i last week and was able to use Bimmercode to enable the exhaust flap via iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 07:55 AM   #5
howiegu
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22%E2%80%99 M440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneerz View Post
I just picked up my 2022 M340i last week and was able to use Bimmercode to enable the exhaust flap via iDrive.
What did you code to open the flipper? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 09:24 PM   #6
Mtneerz
Rep
Drives: 22’ BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiegu View Post
What did you code to open the flipper? Thanks
I followed this video.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 03:38 PM   #7
night1train
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 330i

Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by grini View Post

The question I have is that I just got my 2022 M340i xDrive less than a month ago. I already wanted to put a bootmod3 stage 1 tune for more power and pops/burbles, but as of what I know my friend with his M5 F90 told me that '21 and '22 year models are DME locked and can't be even bench unlocked, is that true? I have read many things about the new DME that BMW is putting in now that are not unlockable. Also, my friend has Bimmercode, and I would like to change something in my car via Bimmercode, would it be possible to do it even though the DME is locked or it doesn't have anything in connection to the DME and Bimmercode?

Ive owned multiple BMW's and have used Bimmercode extensively but I just picked up my 2022 G20 330i (build date 1/8/22) on Tuesday and I can confirm that the G20 is not listed at all. I used a compatible OBD listed in Bimmercode. Quickly connecting based on muscle memory and not looking at what I was choosing, I chose "3 Series, M3" because the first thing I saw was "3 Series". It did connect to the car and it let me code the auto start/stop off. But after coding, the display and cluster fades in and out randomly and no phone is able to pair with the car any longer and it won't delete my initial phone. Only after going back into Bimmercode did I realize that my dumb ass selected "3 Series, M3" as there is no selection for "G20" at all! Sorry for the long post but don't do what Mr. Ass Hat here did. I now have a $50,000 car that can't use a phone and has a fading in-and-out display. I did try doing a recovery and now auto start/stop is back to normal but the problem remains. Any solutions would greatly appreciated.

Edited: so another member confirmed that the "3 Series, M3" is the new selection choice (if you've previously coded older models you'll know what I mean). I restarted iDrive 7 and it fixed the phone issue. I also discovered that you have to shut down the iDrive 7 Bluetooth connection prior to coding. I have never done that with any previous series and all is good! 2022 G20 330i M Sport is completely code-able! (Not sure thats even a word)

Last edited by night1train; 02-11-2022 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: Another member helped me and I figuresd out one thing
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 09:26 PM   #8
RichieDirts
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by night1train View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grini View Post

Ive owned multiple BMW's and have used Bimmercode extensively but I just picked up my 2022 G20 330i (build date 1/8/22) on Tuesday and I can confirm that the G20 is not listed at all. I used a compatible OBD listed in Bimmercode. Quickly connecting based on muscle memory and not looking at what I was choosing, I chose "3 Series, M3" because the first thing I saw was "3 Series". It did connect to the car and it let me code the auto start/stop off. But after coding, the display and cluster fades in and out randomly and no phone is able to pair with the car any longer and it won't delete my initial phone. Only after going back into Bimmercode did I realize that my dumb ass selected "3 Series, M3" as there is no selection for "G20" at all! Sorry for the long post but don't do what Mr. Ass Hat here did. I now have a $50,000 car that can't use a phone and has a fading in-and-out display. I did try doing a recovery and now auto start/stop is back to normal but the problem remains. Any solutions would greatly appreciated.

Edited: so another member confirmed that the "3 Series, M3" is the new selection choice (if you've previously coded older models you'll know what I mean). I restarted iDrive 7 and it fixed the phone issue. I also discovered that you have to shut down the iDrive 7 Bluetooth connection prior to coding. I have never done that with any previous series and all is good! 2022 G20 330i M Sport is completely code-able! (Not sure thats even a word)
This is right from the app. 2019+ G20 is supported.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0