Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions I'm interested in a G20 330i with M-Sport Package

10-20-2021, 03:34 PM   #23
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
If only alfa had something in the middle like M340i, too bad because I wouldn't mind sampling one. However, at this stage, I don't want a 2.0T, the 3IS left me with disdain for 4 cycle turbos and the quad is more than I can reasonably spend. Especially considering the price point of an M2C.
M2C>Quad, but give both a drive lol, the Alfa may surprise you
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9702.50
      10-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #24
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

The Alfa is a much older platform than the BMW, and it shows on tech, interior, refinement. Unless it's a Giulia QF the BMW is by far the superior car.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 05:38 PM   #25
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I remember back in 2019 when I was looking at the Alfa Giulia Ti Sport which was around 50k was like 400-450 a month to lease. Had good deals then but now… well not so much.
Yeah market has changed considerably. The best offer I got on a 330 M Sport was effectively $650/mo if $0 DAS. And most dealers wanted that payment with $3000+ DAS.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 05:41 PM   #26
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
The Alfa is a much older platform than the BMW, and it shows on tech, interior, refinement. Unless it's a Giulia QF the BMW is by far the superior car.
Giorgio platform is pretty universally lauded for its ride/handling compromise. I don't think the platform is dated at all. Now the powertrain and tech are certainly a generation behind.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 12:18 AM   #27
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I remember back in 2019 when I was looking at the Alfa Giulia Ti Sport which was around 50k was like 400-450 a month to lease. Had good deals then but now… well not so much.
Yeah market has changed considerably. The best offer I got on a 330 M Sport was effectively $650/mo if $0 DAS. And most dealers wanted that payment with $3000+ DAS.
Did you try a broker? I saw some deals on leasehackr a while back ago, more than usual but not $650, that must be a dealer negotiation price you got. That was m340i price in 2019 lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 03:39 PM   #28
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedant View Post
It would be great to hear from owners. What made you decide on this car and what else did you consider? What are likes / dislikes? I am pretty set on RWD, but is there any reason to consider xDrive if I live in sunny climate year-round? Any recommended utility racks and tunes, namely for the exhaust?
Hellooo and welcome to the club!
I currently drive a 2021 BMW 330i (NA) and his (the car) name is Hrag! hehe
The MSRP on him is $53,680 (I'll attach a picture of the window sticker below for your reference)
- Down Payment: $3,000
- Monthly Payment: $409 (incl. Tax)

If you want to see a thorough review of the 2021 BMW 330i, please refer to my other post that I made earlier this year. I put in a lot of detail in my review, and I think it would serve of great use for you in your journey of purchasing a G20!

While I can talk for hours about why I love my baby boy, I wanted to stop by to address a MAJOR CONCERN/ISSUE with you that I feel is important that you know!

NOTE: MAJOR CONCERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may or may not know this, but due to the chip/part/supply shortage that is affecting everyone worldwide, BMW has REMOVED A LOT OF OPTIONS/FEATURES FROM THEIR FLEET FOR THE 2021-2022 MODEL YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• I'll give you a list of items that are no longer available below
• With that said, I would encourage you to do your research and figure out what options you MUST have and what is the status of its availability!
For example: Harman Kardon Surround Sound is no longer available on the 330i, and I MOST DEFINETLY would NOT have purchased my car if the H/K system was not available.
Again – I think this is important for you to know before you purchase a G20 and regret it.

Possible Solution: You may still find a few 2021 330i’s lying around on the dealership lots (i.e., ex-demos, ex-loaners, vehicle un-winds, disclosure cars waiting to be fixed but still sellable, etc.). The supply issue didn’t really start until mid-2021 and thus it is *possible* that you could find a G20 that still has a lot of deleted items/features. Additionally, the 330i was the main victim of its contents being yanked out, while the M340i and M3 still have SOME, but not all of the now – unavailable features.
Example: If you want a 2021/2022 G20 with Harman/Kardon, you will have to step up to a M340i or an M3.

Lastly, due to supply and demand issues, you may or may not have much wiggle room to haggle/negotiate the price of the vehicle.

2021 BMW G20 Restrictions:
• Harman/Kardon Surround Sound – ALL 330i/xi and 330e/xe models
• Digital Key Removal – ALL 3 Series NA models ONLY
• Parking Assistance Package – NA 330i/330xi and 330e/xe models
• Wireless Charging – ALL 3 series NA models ONLY
• Passenger Lumbar Support and Width Adjustments – ALL 3 Series NA models

2022 BMW G20 Restrictions: (This model year is really bad)
• Sirius XM and HD Radio – ALL 3 Models (incl. NA Models)
• Head – Up Display – 330i/xi and 330i/xi NA models ONLY
• Adaptive M Suspension and Dynamic Damper Control – ALL 3 Models (incl. NA models)
- NOTE: Dynamic Handling Package is still available!
• Parking Assistance Package – ALL 330i/xi and 330e/xe (incl. NA Models)
• Digital Key Removal – ALL 3 Models (incl. NA Models)
• Wireless Charging – ALL 3 Models (incl. NA Models)
• Harman Kardon Surround Sound – ALL 3 Models, except for M340i/xi Models
• Passenger Lumber Support and Width Adjustments – ALL 3 Models (incl. NA)

Additional Restriction Notes:
• I am not sure if the M3 (G80) model is affected by ALL these shortages, and thus I will exclude It from this post.
• Additionally, this is for USA models – not sure about other models in different countries/regions.
• If you want the reference sheet that I have, I can send it in a PM.
• As mentioned above, some of the earlier produced 2021 models *SHOULD* not be affected by any of this.
• While you can find the pricing/ordering guide of the G20 models online, I would highly suggest that you talk to your dealer to get important updates on the supply shortage! Some of those guides online may or may not be updated – please double check!

Last piece of advice if you are going to go down the Pre-Owned Vehicle Route: AMBIENT LIGHTING!!!!!!
Ambient Lighting (4UR) was/is a SNEAKY option that is often overlooked by some people. It is definitely one of those MUST HAVE options and it has caused frustration amongst a lot of people, specifically from F30 drivers where Ambient Lighting was standard. That said, please reference the following and please note that I will only talk about the 330i/xi models:

- 2019: Ambient Lighting is ONLY available when you order Vernasca Leather OR the Luxury Line Package, which includes Vernasca Leather and thus Ambient Lighting.
- You’ll also notice that for this model year the price of leather (as a stand-alone option) was $1,700 = Leather ($1,450) + Ambient Lighting ($250).

- 2020: Ambient Lighting is in the Luxury Line Package, otherwise it is a stand-alone option – regardless if you have leather or the Executive Package.

- 2021: Ambient Lighting is included in the Convenience, Premium, or Executive Package(s). It is more common that you’ll see Ambient Lighting here!

With that said, I hope my review was informative and please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

Here is Hrag's window sticker for further referencing!
Name:  IMG_7736.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  376.0 KB

Good luck on your journey and we got your back! 😊

Cameron
Appreciate 3
foxmon13.50
myM34015.00
      10-22-2021, 05:27 PM   #29
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam330i View Post
Hellooo and welcome to the club!
I currently drive a 2021 BMW 330i (NA) and his (the car) name is Hrag! hehe
The MSRP on him is $53,680 (I'll attach a picture of the window sticker below for your reference)
- Down Payment: $3,000
- Monthly Payment: $409 (incl. Tax)
Wow that is a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 10:17 PM   #30
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Do u have technical spec/link that talks about G20 330i vs. F30 328i/330i steering rack? What are the improvements of this new rack?

Also some posters say pre-LCI G20 M340i steering rack is same as F30 340i.

I have yet to find any reference that confirms the above 2.
More information also here from my post:

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1686543

and Website:

https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/11/27/v...sion-steering/

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ve-track-test/

"The long straight-six takes up some of the space required by the new dual-pinion electrically assisted power-steering rack used in the four-cylinder 330i, so the M340i uses the old ZF APA-style rack from the last-generation F30-chassis 3-series, and the difference is immediately obvious. Though I was cautioned that some of what I felt could have been attributed to high tire temperatures from track driving (the M340i prototypes weren’t legal to drive on the street), I immediately noticed some of the on-center vagueness that plagued the last-generation car but not the new 330i. Let’s hope the hot tires were indeed responsible. " - from Road and Track

Last edited by WXdrivefun; 10-23-2021 at 10:22 PM..
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2021, 10:44 AM   #31
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Thanks for the links.

I searched further for M340i APA-style info, so it appears that is belt driven, while 330i is dual pinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXdrivefun View Post
More information also here from my post:

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1686543

and Website:

https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/11/27/v...sion-steering/

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ve-track-test/

"The long straight-six takes up some of the space required by the new dual-pinion electrically assisted power-steering rack used in the four-cylinder 330i, so the M340i uses the old ZF APA-style rack from the last-generation F30-chassis 3-series, and the difference is immediately obvious. Though I was cautioned that some of what I felt could have been attributed to high tire temperatures from track driving (the M340i prototypes weren’t legal to drive on the street), I immediately noticed some of the on-center vagueness that plagued the last-generation car but not the new 330i. Let’s hope the hot tires were indeed responsible. " - from Road and Track
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 05:03 PM   #32
isaac_blackg20
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedant View Post
It would be great to hear from owners. What made you decide on this car and what else did you consider? What are likes / dislikes? I am pretty set on RWD, but is there any reason to consider xDrive if I live in sunny climate year-round? Any recommended utility racks and tunes, namely for the exhaust?
Ill sell you mine LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 06:56 PM   #33
Pit Viper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Do u have technical spec/link that talks about G20 330i vs. F30 328i/330i steering rack? What are the improvements of this new rack?

Also some posters say pre-LCI G20 M340i steering rack is same as F30 340i.

I have yet to find any reference that confirms the above 2.
The big change in the steering rack is tooth spacing. I read a rather long article on the handling improvements and steering feedback improvements in the G20 compared to the F30. They quoted a BMW engineer who explained that on the F30, the teeth in the center of the rack were spaced closer together, and towards the end of the rack, they were spaced farther apart. This gave quicker steering at sharper turning angles. However, the spacing went from smaller gap to larger gap abruptly. This could cause an unexpected change in steering response. The teeth in the G20 are still spaced closer in the center, but the tooth gap gradually increases towards to outsides of the rack to give a gradual and more predictable change in steering response.

If I can find the article again, I will post it.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2022, 07:11 PM   #34
Pit Viper
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Found it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1830257906/amp
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 07:49 PM   #35
Pit Viper
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Also, I don’t see any responses to the OP about Acura. I was originally in the market for a Civic SI. I went to a dealer that showed they had one on their web site, but when I got there it had already sold. They did have a 2019 BMW 330i Xdrive however. I was actually reluctant about it, but gave it a go. The navigation in the instrument cluster had my attention right off, as did the heads up display. Then I drove it. It was about $10k more than I had planned on spending, but I was sold on it. However, I did my research and tried a couple Lexus models, which have already been discussed at length. I then tried a 2020 Acura TL AWD. It felt slightly stronger than the 330i in sport mode, but not by much. But honestly, it felt like it was more money for less. The tech was way behind. It didn’t have navigation and relied an Apple play or android auto for that. Everything in it, to me at least, just felt a little behind the BMW. I also tried a brand new Acura Integra (FWD). It was the exact same price I paid for the 2019 330i. Again, everything on it was just a bit worse than the BMW. Power was way down, handling was down. It just was not as fun to drive.

Also, another few big selling points on BMW were the My BMW app, BimmerCode, and News/Weather/Spotify apps on the iDrive, that do not rely on your phone.

I will add here that after unlocking Sport Plus, and configuring Sport Individual as suggested on this forum, I really believe it feels just as strong as the TL.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 08:09 PM   #36
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Viper View Post
Some comments of this article are correct to point out that it is BMWAG explaining what it does from F30 to G20.

It would be great if there are independent K&C measurements of aligning torques, etc, etc of G20 vs F30, just like the following one comparing F30 vs E90 handling dynamics.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...-so-different/

Last edited by bavarianride; 10-25-2022 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 0