Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions M340i is getting Carbon Fibre Roof! - 2022 BMW 3 Series Ordering Guides

06-16-2021, 09:12 PM   #23
BobTheBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xdrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBimmer View Post
Totally worthless. Overheats in 2 secs flat. On a side note my wife just purchased a 2021 X3 M40i. The wireless charger doesn't even put out a decent amount of power and barely even charges. Go figure.
Apple issue only? Works well with all my Android phones...
I can't speak to cough, Android lol but so far my iPhone 12 Pro Max. iPhone XR and regular iPhone 12 exhibit the same issue. The max seems to have the more serious overheating problem in my m340i. All 3 charge extremely slow in the wife's X3.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 09:12 PM   #24
Moonbags
Tourist
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M340xi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo2112 View Post
Good riddance on the charging tray. Thing is literally beyond worthless. Turns my iPhone into a toaster in about 10 minutes. Needs a total rework/reengineering. Ditch the transponder in this, with it's complicated hand-off protocols that overheat many phones. Just give us a straight-up Qi charger and nothing more.
Totally worthless. Overheats in 2 secs flat. On a side note my wife just purchased a 2021 X3 M40i. The wireless charger doesn't even put out a decent amount of power and barely even charges. Go figure.
I always use it. Doesn't really charge the phone. But it keeps it from draining, which is a plus for guys like me whose phones are always near-dead.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 09:17 PM   #25
BobTheBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xdrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbags View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Good riddance on the charging tray. Thing is literally beyond worthless. Turns my iPhone into a toaster in about 10 minutes. Needs a total rework/reengineering. Ditch the transponder in this, with it's complicated hand-off protocols that overheat many phones. Just give us a straight-up Qi charger and nothing more.
I always use it. Doesn't really charge the phone. But it keeps it from draining, which is a plus for guys like me whose phones are always near-dead.
Agreed it does exactly that in the X3. With that said, I purchased the wireless charging option for my beemer (X3). Not an option that barely maintains the battery and doesn't do what's advertised. At least the usb-c ports charge decent fast but I hate cords all about. OCD sh!t. Lol
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 06:27 AM   #26
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '69 BMW M340i xDrive (G20)

Garage List
I'm a touch confused with M seat belts. Are those different to the M stitching already present?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #27
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i, 1997 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman77 View Post
I'm a touch confused with M seat belts. Are those different to the M stitching already present?
They are the same thing. In 2021 the were only available with the M performance edition units. Not the normal M340i.
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2021, 10:22 AM   #28
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Unfortunately we don't get those seat belts here in the US market.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 03:14 PM   #29
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBMW View Post
I mean your not wrong. I was surprised to see it and also think it should be reserved for true M cars. even as a client advisor it is getting harder to explain the difference between M and non-M cars to people that are new to the brand. People think these "M-lite" cars (thats what i like to call them) are M cars cause the have the "M"before the model name.
Very sorry for your clients.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 03:30 PM   #30
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Quote:
I mean your not wrong. I was surprised to see it and also think it should be reserved for true M cars. even as a client advisor it is getting harder to explain the difference between M and non-M cars to people that are new to the brand. People think these "M-lite" cars (thats what i like to call them) are M cars cause the have the "M"before the model name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Quote:
Why?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 03:44 PM   #31
wolvesatthedoor
UFO Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
When I was ordering my car in April my CA actually recommended I don't order it due to reliability issues and how hot the phone gets and I'm glad i didn't. She had told me that a client of hers bought a 330i brought it back a few days before I went to the dealership to place my order and had them remove it. I get the clean look of no cords, but I have no problem plugging in if it prevents my phone getting fried.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 01:21 AM   #32
WestCoast76
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xdrive

Quote:
I believe it will be structural. Maybe the same one pulled from the M3. However BMW has not provided any training on it. I only noticed it in the ordering guide. Also the M3 does not provide a item code for the standard Carbon roof so i can not confirm it is the same one.
I do confirm it's structural as it's the same as on the M3

It's beautiful on a M340i !
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #33
Jerrytarg6_m340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 bmw m3 comp xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Quote:
So what, I doubt you'll complain about selling your clients M-lite vehicles, right?

As many of us that actually own an M340i, we know that we'll destroy most cars on the road today, "lite" or not. I laugh at so-called "true M-car" owners that bitch about this. If it bothers you that much, get a different car. Maybe deep down it bothers some pre-G80/82 owners that this current M-lite (M Performance) vehicle is neck and neck with them in some ways. In addition, it's not like this is a cheap car. Shit mine stickers at a hair below 70 grand.

Oh by the way, perhaps it's getting harder for you to explain to your uneducated clients the difference because the gap has closed?
Couldn't say it better my self. My sticker is a hair over 71k. And now that 21' are able to be tuned. Forget abt it!!!!!! Jealousy is a killer. My m-lite is better than your m. Deal with it. And damn. First the red interior now the cf roof. Always get screwed. That's exactly what I wanted and the trim. Whatever is what it is. And please don't get me wrong. I love the f/xx gen. But I'm not the one talking sh*t.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DenverBMW240.00
      06-21-2021, 10:01 AM   #34
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrytarg6_m340 View Post
Couldn't say it better my self. My sticker is a hair over 71k. And now that 21' are able to be tuned. Forget abt it!!!!!! Jealousy is a killer. My m-lite is better than your m. Deal with it. And damn. First the red interior now the cf roof. Always get screwed. That's exactly what I wanted and the trim. Whatever is what it is. And please don't get me wrong. I love the f/xx gen. But I'm not the one talking sh*t.
Love those rims!
Appreciate 0