Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Drive Recorder - first impression

04-24-2021, 01:58 AM   #23
Radarman
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW I4, BMW118i

Garage List
Where do they find these people

In a kindergarten I expect. Latest update now that I have the latest over-the-air software update I see that the Southern latitude is recorded as values starting from 360deg and descending. i.e. for 1deg South of the equator it would be recorded as 359deg. Bizarre, and unforgivable to release software in that state.
Also, Android Auto came with that update but despite connecting to my phone, it won't display anything. I get a message to make a selection on the phone, but the phone has a message to refer to the vehicle screen. Mexican stand-off.

An update: after leaving it overnight and restarting everything, including the phone, the Android Auto has started to work correctly.

Last edited by Radarman; 04-24-2021 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 07:30 AM   #24
Cobby
The Red Baron
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45 & i8 roadster

I picked up my X5 a few weeks ago and have been wondering whether to install an independent dash cam from the previous car to supplement the BMW driverecord. I wanted to be able to view the data as well as the videos.

I've read the thread here and couldn't see an answer. However, I cam across this German app which seems to work. It is for MAC users...there may be one for windows??

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/movies...47798854?mt=12

The file names must be the same. It's necessary to change Metadata.json to the name of the recording. So with me e.g.

01_Drive_Recorder_Camera_selection_All1.ts

01_Drive_Recorder_Camera Selection_All1.json

Then you have to customise the import filter so that the correct speed is displayed. To do this, change the conversion factor (next to Speed field) to 0.62 to convert to mph in the default import filter.

I also changed the field to read mph, and finally adjusted the time on the movies and maps options tab.

Not quite the same level of detail as the original dash cam, but it merges the data captured by the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-06-2022, 06:41 AM   #25
MAN15H
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW 330e MSport

The drive recorder is a great feature but its a shame it only records 40 seconds of video. I think it would be great if it was possible to record constantly from the start of your trip to the end and then just overwrite the recording on the next trip you make.
1999 E46 323i - 2001 to 2011
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 07:18 PM   #26
rmedina
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN15H View Post
The drive recorder is a great feature but its a shame it only records 40 seconds of video. I think it would be great if it was possible to record constantly from the start of your trip to the end and then just overwrite the recording on the next trip you make.
Thant's exactly what I was hoping for.. I guess I'll be using my phone
Appreciate 0