Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Revert B&W sound profile to regular H/K

04-08-2024, 04:21 AM   #1
Aleksandartg
Rep
Drives: M340i 22'

Revert B&W sound profile to regular H/K

Hi all,

I have a tech guy working at BMW who helped me with coding B&W sound profile, as well as some other few options.

However, since I am not really happy with B&W performance and I am struggling to get back in touch with him, I would like to revert those changes. The issue is the "backup" for reverting those is on his phone, I bought an OBD adapter and have the bimmercode premium, so I tried revert myself but did not succeed, as the only option I could see is through backup.

Is there a way to code back the default h/k with expert mode without a backup with bimmercode at all? Any other options?

Appreciate your help. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 04:28 AM   #2
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Just make it inactive and recode.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 04:32 AM   #3
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

This discussion belongs in the coding and DIY sub.

At any rate you should be able to code this from expert mode:

Headunit <-> MGU
3002 - Audio Broadcast – Audio System Change the parameters from alev4-Ram to alev3-Ram and then hit code.
Appreciate 2
      04-08-2024, 06:06 AM   #4
Aleksandartg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
This discussion belongs in the coding and DIY sub.

At any rate you should be able to code this from expert mode:

Headunit <-> MGU
3002 - Audio Broadcast – Audio System Change the parameters from alev4-Ram to alev3-Ram and then hit code.
Apologies, I am new to the forum, so I did not see the coding and DIY sub.
Thank you so much, brother! Just managed to code it back, funny cause bimmercode support suggested my only way is to ask the tech guy for the backup. It was as simple as someone knowledgeable like you to enlighten me how to code H/K back. Appreciate your help a lot!

One more question @zazzau - do you believe that B&W profile can cause any issues with the headunit in the long term? I've heard people complaining that they are experiencing overheating and sound cutting, I never really had that issue, just asking out of curiosity?

Last edited by Aleksandartg; 04-08-2024 at 06:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 07:40 AM   #5
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandartg View Post
One more question @zazzau - do you believe that B&W profile can cause any issues with the headunit in the long term? I've heard people complaining that they are experiencing overheating and sound cutting, I never really had that issue, just asking out of curiosity?
First time I’m hearing of this. I coded mine since 2021; no issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 02:26 AM   #6
Aleksandartg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
First time I’m hearing of this. I coded mine since 2021; no issues.
Thanks so much for your input! Will have this in mind, I saw some of your settings posted in "tweaking H/K" are you still using the same setup, cause there you did not have B&W activated?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 09:17 PM   #7
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Hi all,

I have a tech guy working at BMW who helped me with coding B&W sound profile, as well as some other few options.

However, since I am not really happy with B&W performance and I am struggling to get back in touch with him, I would like to revert those changes. The issue is the "backup" for reverting those is on his phone, I bought an OBD adapter and have the bimmercode premium, so I tried revert myself but did not succeed, as the only option I could see is through backup.

Is there a way to code back the default h/k with expert mode without a backup with bimmercode at all? Any other options?

Appreciate your help. Thanks!
Hellooo! I drive a 2021 BMW 330i (I named him "Hrag" lol) and I have the Bowers and Wilkins Sound Settings coded on my vehicle. Below is a link to a detailed review that I made awhile back on this forum, in case you wanted more references!

LINK: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=Bowers

What problem were you having with it? What I've noticed is the "Studio" and "Concert" profiles work the best, with the "On Stage", "Movie Theater", and "Lounge" profiles being usable, but are somewhat "glitchy" - If I was listening using the "On Stage" profile, for example, the next time I start/use my vehicle I would notice no sound coming from the rear. The fix is to select the "Concert" profile and then choose whatever profile you want. If you only use "Studio" and/or "Concert" mode, then you won't experience any of what I just said. In all honesty, I just leave my car on the "concert" profile and that is all I mainly use.

To further enhance your H/K system, regardless if you have the B&W sound settings code, I'd recommend the following:
1. Increase the speed volume to maximum - this can be found in the additional sound settings where you can also find the "navigation", "gong", and "PDC" volume settings.
2. Try adjusting the equalizer
3. Increase the Surround Intensity to Max
4. Adjusting the Fader to 2-3 notches to the rear
5. I have a music editing program on my computer and so all the songs on my phone have been edited - I've added a Reverb/3D sound effect and so I believe it makes the system sound even better

Although sound/music/audio is subjective and varies from person to person, I hope those tips help lol

Lastly, while I am glad you were able to get the original H/K settings back, a software update is what I've known to reset my codings back to the original lol

That said, keep us posted and let us know if you have any more questions/comments/concerns!

Cameron
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2024, 10:54 PM   #8
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks so much for your input! Will have this in mind, I saw some of your settings posted in "tweaking H/K" are you still using the same setup, cause there you did not have B&W activated?
I’ve always had the equalizer setting even before coding B&W.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 11:41 PM   #9
Aleksandartg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam330i View Post
Hellooo! I drive a 2021 BMW 330i (I named him "Hrag" lol) and I have the Bowers and Wilkins Sound Settings coded on my vehicle. Below is a link to a detailed review that I made awhile back on this forum, in case you wanted more references!

LINK: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=Bowers

What problem were you having with it? What I've noticed is the "Studio" and "Concert" profiles work the best, with the "On Stage", "Movie Theater", and "Lounge" profiles being usable, but are somewhat "glitchy" - If I was listening using the "On Stage" profile, for example, the next time I start/use my vehicle I would notice no sound coming from the rear. The fix is to select the "Concert" profile and then choose whatever profile you want. If you only use "Studio" and/or "Concert" mode, then you won't experience any of what I just said. In all honesty, I just leave my car on the "concert" profile and that is all I mainly use.

To further enhance your H/K system, regardless if you have the B&W sound settings code, I'd recommend the following:
1. Increase the speed volume to maximum - this can be found in the additional sound settings where you can also find the "navigation", "gong", and "PDC" volume settings.
2. Try adjusting the equalizer
3. Increase the Surround Intensity to Max
4. Adjusting the Fader to 2-3 notches to the rear
5. I have a music editing program on my computer and so all the songs on my phone have been edited - I've added a Reverb/3D sound effect and so I believe it makes the system sound even better

Although sound/music/audio is subjective and varies from person to person, I hope those tips help lol

Lastly, while I am glad you were able to get the original H/K settings back, a software update is what I've known to reset my codings back to the original lol

That said, keep us posted and let us know if you have any more questions/comments/concerns!

Cameron
Hey Cam,

The issue is that I do not like processed sound and I prefer the "studio" profile(or atm logic 7: off) compared to the rest but with studio, I was getting sound only from the front speakers which drove me crazy. I then put it back to concert and increased surround intensity to the max and realized that the "surround" option is what causes the rear speaker not working, so I left it in concert. While I do believe the "surround" in concert is better than just logic 7, I think there is some reverb added to it, which I was not sure I liked. Additionally, my sound was cutting out a lot more, but it could've been an Android auto/mobile phone causing issues case at that time.

So, after not being able to make the rear speakers stay on in studio profile, I reverted back to h/k thanks to zazzau's instructions. I think after the initial coding they were working properly, but then a day after or so, my sound was very shallow and I realized it is the rear speakers being off. Honestly, I would need to change back and test again to better determine the difference, I might think I like the b&w concert profile next time.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 12:00 AM   #10
g20exaudinoob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21' M340i sDrive

Just my 2 cents, but after coding the B&W profiles and setting it on "concert" mode it sounds so much better than with the stock HK Logic setup. I've also increased treble and bass by 3-4 points. It sounds perfect and premium to me and I am quite sensitive to sound quality.

Also I switched from Apple Carplay to direct USB media and the sound quality improved drastically for me as well. If your using IOS, using a USB allows you to use the iPhone's equalizer setting as well. I fiddled with that too and I found Electronic sounded the best. The sound is perfect to me now compared to before.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 02:15 AM   #11
Aleksandartg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20exaudinoob View Post
Just my 2 cents, but after coding the B&W profiles and setting it on "concert" mode it sounds so much better than with the stock HK Logic setup. I've also increased treble and bass by 3-4 points. It sounds perfect and premium to me and I am quite sensitive to sound quality.

Also I switched from Apple Carplay to direct USB media and the sound quality improved drastically for me as well. If your using IOS, using a USB allows you to use the iPhone's equalizer setting as well. I fiddled with that too and I found Electronic sounded the best. The sound is perfect to me now compared to before.
Yesteray, I coded back B&W and tested back to back with
H/K and left the concert mode on, since I thought it was better, so I understand why you guys prefer it, don't know why i felt like default was better. Probably just my brain wanting to improve/change things constantly. I am charging my phone with usb, my only observation is that it would not play audio without Bluetooth, so I am not sure how you managed to get it to play wired for you. Any ideas? Using s23 ultra btw.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2024, 06:32 AM   #12
B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Turn off Bluetooth audio and use Wi-Fi for audio (I also have S23U). The bitrate for audio streaming is substantially better. I'm trying to find the table that outlines the quality differences between the two. I turn off Bluetooth audio streaming in the Media iDrive settings but keep it on for phone calls.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 07:18 AM   #13
XxSullyxX123
Private
Rep
Drives: '24 M340i xDrive, '20 Rubicon

Quote:
Probably just my brain wanting to improve/change things constantly.
This statement is just so perfect, wise and spot on. Explains my life in one sentence toying around with vehicles over the years.
      04-12-2024, 04:12 PM   #14
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Studio is probably the best setting - at least in my books it is. When I set this up initially studio seemed to be the closest to stock with the equalizer tuned.

I play all my music from the native iDrive Spotify app. Also have a hard drive loaded with FLAC files and the sound quality from that is next level.
Appreciate 0