Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums CANADA Winter Tires & Wheels

11-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #23
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 Inscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Unfortunately the winters went with the car since the dealership cut me a cheque to buy new winter rims/tires for the RS5.

I didn't notice a difference going with a square setup, but winter tires are obviously not as sharp feeling especially compared to the Pilot Sport 4S's...although the Pilot Alpin PA4's that I had as the winter setup, were amazing (I'm ordering another set right now for the RS4 only in 275 width square...so expensive!! argh ). I would not go with a staggered set. You can't rotate them, and for winter I honestly don't think it's needed. The 235 square set up (over the more common 225 square setup) is perfect in my opinion.
Ok thanks. Billy wants me to go with steel wheels which are affordable but I can’t stand them. He said the replicas may not stand up to the salt. Any issue with yours? I’m sure the 275’s are expensive but I’m still jealous of them!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #24
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGambler View Post
Ok thanks. Billy wants me to go with steel wheels which are affordable but I can’t stand them. He said the replicas may not stand up to the salt. Any issue with yours? I’m sure the 275’s are expensive but I’m still jealous of them!
What?? I can't believe he's pushing you to steel wheels! It's a BMW not a 1990's Corolla. You should just call and ask for Terry...tell him Chris with the M340i now RS5 sent you and he will give you better options. I have used replica rims for years and years and never had an issue with them at all...they are specifically made for winter in many cases. They carry this brand as well and they have all of these selections for the G20

https://www.replika.ca/categories.as...leu)%2b(g20)_s
      11-04-2020, 05:36 PM   #25
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 Inscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
What?? I can't believe he's pushing you to steel wheels! It's a BMW not a 1990's Corolla. You should just call and ask for Terry...tell him Chris with the M340i now RS5 sent you and he will give you better options. I have used replica rims for years and years and never had an issue with them at all...they are specifically made for winter in many cases. They carry this brand as well and they have all of these selections for the G20

https://www.replika.ca/categories.as...leu)%2b(g20)_s
I sent a picture of yours and told him that’s what I want. I think he thought the only option was the machined wheels. I wouldn’t say he’s a great communicator lol but I think we’re on the same page now! The pricing is pretty competitive and they can install in 2 weeks. Appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #26
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGambler View Post
I sent a picture of yours and told him that’s what I want. I think he thought the only option was the machined wheels. I wouldn’t say he’s a great communicator lol but I think we’re on the same page now! The pricing is pretty competitive and they can install in 2 weeks. Appreciate the help!
No problem! That's why I only deal with Terry...he knows cars really well and what goes with what (he's a big car guy). And his English is much better lol