Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Taking off interior door panel/side mirror

12-04-2019, 07:32 PM   #1
bobis
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Taking off interior door panel/side mirror

Does anyone know of a guide to take off interior door panel and side mirror. Location of hidden screws to take off would also be helpful. I can see one screw in the cup holder area but not sure if there are more to remove before popping off door panel.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobis View Post
Does anyone know of a guide to take off interior door panel and side mirror. Location of hidden screws to take off would also be helpful. I can see one screw in the cup holder area but not sure if there are more to remove before popping off door panel.

That link has tips to help remove the door panel.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 08:49 PM   #3
sshamim
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i

I took the driver side door panel off and fixed some rattles, but for the life of me, I can't put the door card back.

The plastic clips just don't line up properly so the door panel won't become flush before pushing it in. You can't force it as I broke a bunch of clips. I got replacements from Amazon but still can't do it.

I didn't have any issues with the rear door as I reinstall it within 5 minutes. I don't know if that stupid tweeter cover is blocking or something else. I also broke the hanging door lock thingy.

I've previously removed door panels of BMW F30s and Audi B9s, but the G20 has been a pain in my experience.

I'm going to have a walk of shame to a dealer and have them do it.
Appreciate 0