Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Netflix F1: Drive to Survive Season 2 released

02-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Netflix F1: Drive to Survive Season 2 released

Season 2 of Formula 1: Drive to Survive on Netflix was released a couple days ago (searched but didn't see any other threads about it):

Appreciate 1
      02-29-2020, 10:14 PM   #2
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Just watched the Ferrari one. Seems like they’re trying to drum up more drama than what’s there.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 10:33 AM   #3
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
Just watched the Ferrari one. Seems like they’re trying to drum up more drama than what’s there.
Really? I thought last year was the most dramatic Ferrari year of the last 25 years (as long as I have watched).

After years of dedicated numbers 2s (Irvine, Barrichello, Massa, Raikkonen), Ferrari hires it's youngest driver ever with only 1 year of experience and against the 4 time world champion, he out qualifies, out scores him and has more race wins (would have been more if not for the Bahrain engine failure while dominating the field).
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Really? I thought last year was the most dramatic Ferrari year of the last 25 years (as long as I have watched).

After years of dedicated numbers 2s (Irvine, Barrichello, Massa, Raikkonen), Ferrari hires it's youngest driver ever with only 1 year of experience and against the 4 time world champion, he out qualifies, out scores him and has more race wins (would have been more if not for the Bahrain engine failure while dominating the field).
I just don’t think Vettel is the kind of guy who would resent his teammate’s success
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 09:54 PM   #5
MassNerd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Coupe RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Of course they do. But it's still more insight into the teams than I've seen through any other media. So you have to understand they're trying to make it as dramatic as possible while watching, but I still love the show. I've watched the first 4 episodes of season 4 so far and I'm not disappointed.

Maybe those who think Lewis is an arrogant ass with be surprised to see him show humility in episode 4.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      03-01-2020, 10:04 PM   #6
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNerd View Post
Of course they do. But it's still more insight into the teams than I've seen through any other media. So you have to understand they're trying to make it as dramatic as possible while watching, but I still love the show. I've watched the first 4 episodes of season 4 so far and I'm not disappointed.

Maybe those who think Lewis is an arrogant ass with be surprised to see him show humility in episode 4.
It’s not so much that he’s arrogant. He’s like the Hillary Clinton of F1. Everything he says and does is calculated and focus grouped to grow his brand. He’s about as authentic as an ebay body kit
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 06:48 PM   #7
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
I just don’t think Vettel is the kind of guy who would resent his teammate’s success
lol.............
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 07:16 PM   #8
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But he will ignore team orders when it benefits him, Russian GP last year and of course the famous "Multi 21" against M. Weber.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/10/10/...y-team-orders/

I did like Ricciardo at the start of Ep. 3 "Netflix are a real bunch of cunts, aren't they?" Followed by him saying "I would love for them to play that." and his trainer saying "They're not going to play that".
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      03-03-2020, 08:44 PM   #9
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Can’t wait to see the latest.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 09:58 PM   #10
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

I genuinely enjoy this series. A cool "behind-the-scenes" if you will.
      03-04-2020, 03:18 AM   #11
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Iceman: It's more like a hobby for me
      03-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #12
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

after watching them all in few days.. had a better picture of some names..

- a lot of people are biting their nails under stress.. from drivers to managers and pit crew..

- Stroll as dad and the kid.. both are assholes.. dad has money at least not sure what kid has..

- i can understand the reason of seeing Haas quite a lot but after some point i was sick of seeing Haas and more likely Grosjean.. he is just occupying a seat in F1 who knows why while Hulk is out..

- im not sure Claire Williams is the right leader for the team anymore at all.. she s a great person, as we ve seen on testing as well.. funny intelligent but.. they ve asked why your steering wheel is different than other teams on tests.. she said she doesnt know and the engineer didnt tell anything as well.. even i know it.. this and the netflix part shows the whole picture better.. at least for me.. and actually it was funny to see the attitude towards Paddy from Claire.. its not a sport for such things.. has to have a straight through communication.. Willams crew has a silly brit humor that not even at a good level.. its silly for such a team that competing in F1.. looks like people working for the salaries only no one cares.. its not acceptable in F1.. everyone talks shit about the car they built.. so they re telling themselves shit but they re not aware of that it looks..

- im happy for the series showing Hamilton's humbleness.. vividly..

- feeling really sad for Hulk he really deserves better and it seems he picks his nose pretty neat and fast as well..

- Leclerc probably has the most strong mindset on the grid.. not only today's grid.. he s a true fighter like Lauda.. he has a very bright future that he deserves at the same time.. it doesnt happen at once most of the time in this life..

- Ricciardo have to stick around for many year more for softening the atmosphere in F1..

- i didnt know Albon this well before the series.. such a great kid.. i like him more already..

- this series is filling a huge gap of "behind the scenes" in F1 ever..
MassNerd171.00
      03-05-2020, 08:23 AM   #13
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
- i can understand the reason of seeing Haas quite a lot but after some point i was sick of seeing Haas and more likely Grosjean.. he is just occupying a seat in F1 who knows why while Hulk is out..

- feeling really sad for Hulk he really deserves better and it seems he picks his nose pretty neat and fast as well..

- Leclerc probably has the most strong mindset on the grid.. not only today's grid.. he s a true fighter like Lauda.. he has a very bright future that he deserves at the same time.. it doesnt happen at once most of the time in this life..

- Ricciardo have to stick around for many year more for softening the atmosphere in F1..

- i didnt know Albon this well before the series.. such a great kid.. i like him more already..

Agreed on basically every account Ill just go down the list

-The Haas Grosjean connection makes zero sense to me. He acts like a child and seems like the worst driver on the grid (Stroll?) At least Kevin has some racecraft in him. Tough pill for Haas to swallow I am sure. If they finish 9th this year, I dont think we will see them again. Hulk probably wanted more than they were willing to pay?

-Hamilton, I dont understand why everyone hates on him and thinks he such a prick. Go watch any of his interviews and he always seems like a genuinely good person. Whether it be on Letterman's new show or the Daily Show. I imagine anyone who is literally the best in the world at something and has the rings (TB12!!!) or trophies to back it up will come across as a prick every now and then.

- Poor Hulk

- Leclerc is one of my favorite drivers right now. Love watching him and Max chop it up. I hope he lets it loose this year and we see him pull off a good season despite a seemingly lack luster 2020 car.

- Riccardo is always great. Love the guy. Its incredible how he can switch it on and off too. He goes from the jokester to ultra-competitive real quick

- Albon is great. All of the young guys are good "characters" in the F1 show. Albon, Norris and Russell are fun. Check this out if you havent watched it.

- I am only 5 episodes in because I am trying to space it out so I can survive the winter break. 8 more days! If AUS GP gets cancelled I dont know if I will survive.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      03-05-2020, 11:39 AM   #14
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
I mean they left out the whole Vettel Canada drama completely. That was prime material.
Appreciate 2
243Racing1447.50
MKSixer34171.50
      03-05-2020, 11:40 AM   #15
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
I mean they left out the whole Vettel Canada drama completely. That was prime material.
I didn't watch at all last year, do you mind tl;dr'ing it for me?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 11:46 AM   #16
dtla1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
https://www.thenational.ae/sport/f1/...treal-1.872582

Highlights, Vettel went off track in a corner (through the grass) with Hamilton right behind him, and when he came back on almost hit hamilton but stayed in first. Contentious whether that deserved a penalty or racing incident. Vettel finished the race first, 5 sec penalty tagged on, vettel is pissed (understandbly, was a grey area scenario "where was I supposed to go?!") and switches the "1st" place to "2nd" place board in front of ham's car, and then takes a shortcut through the merc garage and storms off presumably to his dressing room instead of the podium. The team had to go and convince him he had to attend the podium ceremony.
Appreciate 2
243Racing1447.50
MKSixer34171.50
      03-05-2020, 11:46 AM   #17
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Just to be clear...youre saying you think they are drumming up more drama then was there for a season you didnt watch?
Hmmmm

TL;DR
There was a TON of Ferrari drama in 2019.
Appreciate 3
243Racing1447.50
dtla1826.00
MKSixer34171.50
      03-05-2020, 11:49 AM   #18
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Just to be clear...youre saying you think they are drumming up more drama then was there for a season you didnt watch?
Hmmmm

TL;DR
That was my impression from the presentation of the show. They'd show Vettel and LeClerc looking surly (completely out of context) and the narrator's talking about how they may murder each other behind the garage
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 11:50 AM   #19
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
https://www.thenational.ae/sport/f1/...treal-1.872582

Highlights, Vettel went off track in a corner (through the grass) with Hamilton right behind him, and when he came back on almost hit hamilton but stayed in first. Contentious whether that deserved a penalty or racing incident. Vettel finished the race first, 5 sec penalty tagged on, vettel is pissed (understandbly, was a grey area scenario "where was I supposed to go?!") and switches the "1st" place to "2nd" place board in front of ham's car, and then takes a shortcut through the merc garage and storms off presumably to his dressing room instead of the podium. The team had to go and convince him he had to attend the podium ceremony.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I remember hearing about that. Thank you.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      03-05-2020, 11:51 AM   #20
dtla1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Hmmmm

TL;DR
Agreed there was tons of drama. The Netflix series is great. Only negative I could give is at times it felt a bit too "The Real World"-ish, like they were obviously trying too hard to create a "real" moment. The one that stands out the most for me is Ricciardo going to play basketball with his friend.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      03-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #21
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Its definitely useful in winding up the anticipation to watch the start of the season.
Most of the people, even the drivers, came across way better than expected....bar Magnussen (just can't take to the guy) and of course the whiny, entitled, charisma free zone that is Verstappen.
Looking forward to the first race now.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 01:46 PM   #22
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
after watching them all in few days.. had a better picture of some names..

- a lot of people are biting their nails under stress.. from drivers to managers and pit crew..

- Stroll as dad and the kid.. both are assholes.. dad has money at least not sure what kid has..

- im not sure Claire Williams is the right leader for the team anymore at all.. she s a great person, as we ve seen on testing as well.. funny intelligent but.. they ve asked why your steering wheel is different than other teams on tests.. she said she doesnt know and the engineer didnt tell anything as well.. even i know it.. this and the netflix part shows the whole picture better.. at least for me.. and actually it was funny to see the attitude towards Paddy from Claire.. its not a sport for such things.. has to have a straight through communication.. Willams crew has a silly brit humor that not even at a good level.. its silly for such a team that competing in F1.. looks like people working for the salaries only no one cares.. its not acceptable in F1.. everyone talks shit about the car they built.. so they re telling themselves shit but they re not aware of that it looks..

Quote:
Agreed on basically every account Ill just go down the list

-The Haas Grosjean connection makes zero sense to me. He acts like a child and seems like the worst driver on the grid (Stroll?) At least Kevin has some racecraft in him. Tough pill for Haas to swallow I am sure. If they finish 9th this year, I dont think we will see them again. Hulk probably wanted more than they were willing to pay?

-Hamilton, I dont understand why everyone hates on him and thinks he such a prick. Go watch any of his interviews and he always seems like a genuinely good person. Whether it be on Letterman's new show or the Daily Show. I imagine anyone who is literally the best in the world at something and has the rings (TB12!!!) or trophies to back it up will come across as a prick every now and then.

- Poor Hulk

- Leclerc is one of my favorite drivers right now. Love watching him and Max chop it up. I hope he lets it loose this year and we see him pull off a good season despite a seemingly lack luster 2020 car.

- Riccardo is always great. Love the guy. Its incredible how he can switch it on and off too. He goes from the jokester to ultra-competitive real quick

- Albon is great. All of the young guys are good "characters" in the F1 show. Albon, Norris and Russell are fun. Check this out if you havent watched it.

- I am only 5 episodes in because I am trying to space it out so I can survive the winter break. 8 more days! If AUS GP gets cancelled I dont know if I will survive.
Grojean's family owns a weapons manufacturing company that's been around for decades. No one is going to fuq with him.

Next!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50