Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Order update.....Uh oh

05-10-2021, 06:29 AM   #45
SilverGrey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
Companies such as BMW pride themselves on service.
If they are not supplying you with the car you have ordered
they are going to have a lot of unhappy customers.
How many owners on this forum have had email surveys sent to them
after buying a car or after having the car serviced ?
These surveys are all about customers satisfaction.
I知 sure that if you complain to your dealer and BMW that you are
not happy about the car not having the extras you have ordered,
then they should allow you to cancel the order under these circumstances as a good will gesture.
A letter to the motoring press stating the facts, that if you order
a BMW you may not get the exact car you have ordered, could work wonders.
I wouldn't say BMW were at fault, given the global shortage of chips. They simply can't magic them out of thin air.

Previous BMW's:
F36 420i Gran Coupe M Sport; Z4 Coupe 3.0si M Sport; E46 325i Sport coupe;
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 06:58 AM   #46
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM666 View Post
......I had a phone call today saying some of the options are no longer available due to supply issues.

- HK sound upgrade.
- Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging
- Comfort access
I've just had a similar call this morning. Standard cars will not be getting HK sound upgrade but M Performance M340i's and M340d's are unaffected and will still get HK sounds (I don't know why?)

Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging and Comfort Access (boot release function only) affects the entire range and will NOT be fitted to any vehicle currently on order, if you've not been contacted about these changes yet you will be.

As far as I know, deletion of these items will be compensated by a price reduction, 」350 was mentioned for the Bluetooth/Wireless, not sure how much for the Comfort Access/Boot Release or HK sound.
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.

Last edited by Makefish; 05-10-2021 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 07:09 AM   #47
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGrey View Post
I wouldn't say BMW were at fault, given the global shortage of chips. They simply can't magic them out of thin air.
I知 not saying BMW are at fault, I知 saying that they are not supplying the car that the customer has ordered.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 07:25 AM   #48
Bufo802
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e touring (soon)

While it might be a global shortage car makers in particular do seem to have got it wrong and ended up at the back of the queue for chips - not sure consumers should pay for their poor planning.

Bit frustrating but changes not the end of the world so far as long as a suitable price reduction... though odd how random small things like wireless charging getting affected.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 08:07 AM   #49
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

Does anyone if this is affecting car that are currently in build or only those that have yet to reach the build stage?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #50
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
Companies such as BMW pride themselves on service.
If they are not supplying you with the car you have ordered
they are going to have a lot of unhappy customers.
How many owners on this forum have had email surveys sent to them
after buying a car or after having the car serviced ?
These surveys are all about customers satisfaction.
I知 sure that if you complain to your dealer and BMW that you are
not happy about the car not having the extras you have ordered,
then they should allow you to cancel the order under these circumstances as a good will gesture.
A letter to the motoring press stating the facts, that if you order
a BMW you may not get the exact car you have ordered, could work wonders.
I'm absolutely sure they would let you cancel without penalty but they're not obliged to.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:01 PM   #51
Redturtle
Rep
Drives: Audi RS3, Volvo xc40, bmw m340

My car was due the first week of June and I was waiting for the call saying I had lost the comfort opener.

Thankfully my order has come forward a week I have the VIN and see code 5100 on my order.

I've also have screenshots of the order from the dealer which I can see that I still have the comfort access boot opener. But like many others lost the lumber/width adjust on the passenger seat.
No offer of compensation, but to be fair I've managed to get some very nice discounts.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:17 PM   #52
johno
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redturtle View Post
My car was due the first week of June and I was waiting for the call saying I had lost the comfort opener.

Thankfully my order has come forward a week I have the VIN and see code 5100 on my order.

I've also have screenshots of the order from the dealer which I can see that I still have the comfort access boot opener. But like many others lost the lumber/width adjust on the passenger seat.
No offer of compensation, but to be fair I've managed to get some very nice discounts.
That's good to know. My car is due in early June, so hopefully I'll be lucky too.
The lumbar/width adjust was specified as driver only on the online configurator when I ordered my car in April, and listed as such on my order. So I can't really complain about that.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 03:29 AM   #53
Stooo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

I've had fairly recent experience of this after putting an order in using the armed forces discount scheme yesterday.

I was originally going to order a 330i touring after being a bit disappointed with the 340i I had as a loaner (no soundtrack vs my F30 340i and not liking the numbness of the 4WD system) but due to the parts shortage I've had to change over to a 340i to get a car with any options on.

330i spec I requested
Tech plus
comfort plus
m sport pro
sunroof

Got told, no comfort access, no advanced bluetooth/wireless charging, no HK audio, no DAP.
The real kicker is that the residuals which you normally get from a pack being ordered are not affected by having the individual items. This resulted in nearly 3k of options being dropped off the car but the monthlies only reduced by 」30.

Thought "sod it" and ordered the 340i which oddly enough, BMW could find all the parts for...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 04:28 AM   #54
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I've just had an update with my dealer with some good news. I've just missed out on all these deletes and the car should be delivered the UK port in next couple of days.

My order was 330i Touring - M Sport Pro - Dravit Grey
- Tech Plus Pack
- Comfort Plus

I double checked and it does indeed have DAP, Comfort Access, H&K etc.

The only thing missing which I knew about was passenger side lumbar delete.

This was ordered first week of Feb.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 06:44 AM   #55
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemeh View Post
I've just had an update with my dealer with some good news. I've just missed out on all these deletes and the car should be delivered the UK port in next couple of days.

My order was 330i Touring - M Sport Pro - Dravit Grey
- Tech Plus Pack
- Comfort Plus

I double checked and it does indeed have DAP, Comfort Access, H&K etc.

The only thing missing which I knew about was passenger side lumbar delete.

This was ordered first week of Feb.
Like yourself I have been speaking to my supplying dealer over the last two days and have been informed that my order for a G22 has gone to build code 5100 and had it confirmed that the full spec as ordered has been confirmed for build, with the exception of the passenger lumbar support deletion which I was aware of, so I am a happy bunny too!
Seems the disruption and associated problems are mainly with G20 and G21 models with, apparently, almost all G20s currently coming from Mexico?
Wondering if anyone else on here has a G22 on order? Don't seem to see any chatter about the coupe much on the forum?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 08:56 AM   #56
johno
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

I've just checked with my dealer and my G20 has been built to my spec and is waiting to leave Germany. He said they are seeing the chip shortage affecting cars being built from the end of this month.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #57
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
I've just checked with my dealer and my G20 has been built to my spec and is waiting to leave Germany. He said they are seeing the chip shortage affecting cars being built from the end of this month.
In the light of that I count myself as being one of the fortunate ones to have had my order go through when it has. If I had left my original order in place with merino leather then I reckon it could have been a build date towards the end of the year, maybe even early next year.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 10:31 AM   #58
AndyTo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
Same as what I've been told, I've already had a delay due to Merino leather and currently my build is unaffected but will be just about the last car built before the chip shortages, so any delays and I'll be without EBT & boot comfort access.
I'll still get the HK sound, and not really fussed about the comfort access but the EBT will be an issue as I must have more than 1 phone paired.
I coded it in my F31, but don't want to be doing that when I'm paying this much as it really is a basic requirement nowadays.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 02:50 PM   #59
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Mineral White

I have a G22 M440i on order from 14 April; full loaded with Merino, Tech Plus, Comfort Plus and with an estimated delivery of 26 June. Just the passenger lumbar excluded and listed as such on the confirmation order form returned from BMW factory. I received a BMW worldwide bulletin a week after ordering advising that due to chip issues no Driving Assistant Professional for an G22 other than M440i and M440d. Like many others, with a factory build I want the vehicle that I ordered.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #60
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post
I have a G22 M440i on order from 14 April; full loaded with Merino, Tech Plus, Comfort Plus and with an estimated delivery of 26 June. Just the passenger lumbar excluded and listed as such on the confirmation order form returned from BMW factory. I received a BMW worldwide bulletin a week after ordering advising that due to chip issues no Driving Assistant Professional for an G22 other than M440i and M440d. Like many others, with a factory build I want the vehicle that I ordered.
If you don't mind me asking what build status code is your car showing on the system?
The reason being I had an order showing wk 28 but when we tried to change it for merino leather it knocked the production back and wouldn't give a production week but as soon as we changed it back to Vernasca leather it re-instated the wk 28 build. I've now been told it's come forward to wk 26???
It's like the production schedule has gone to hell in a hand cart!
No mention of any options been affected with regard to chip issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 05:45 PM   #61
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

G22 Build

My status code is currently 152 in the paintshop.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 12:22 AM   #62
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My status code is currently 152 in the paintshop.
Looks like mine is following closely behind yours! I知 on 5100 or 151 bodyshop start! Which dealer is yours with?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 02:22 AM   #63
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

A well known London dealer and the allocation was for May although I only ordered in April. I actually would have preferred a later delivery but to get the deal I was offered needed to bring it forward. The deal was too good though and now I am more than happy.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 02:29 AM   #64
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
A well known London dealer and the allocation was for May although I only ordered in April. I actually would have preferred a later delivery but to get the deal I was offered needed to bring it forward. The deal was too good though and now I am more than happy.
Sounds like we've ordered from the same dealer. Fingers crossed you get everything you spec'd.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 02:58 AM   #65
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

I probably would have bought from that same dealer if the salesman wasn't such a pretentious moron when I politely enquired about any kind of discount on a couple of high spec 330d's they had in stock.
      05-12-2021, 04:32 AM   #66
FarmerD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

Just read this thread and gets me worried! Have a G21 m340i on order for September - full spec with full
Merino, all the packs, pan roof, tanzanite. It痴 my first new car in 9 years and I値l keep for a similar period of time, so the spec is critical to me. Haven稚 had a call yet but now expecting one! Fingers crossed. Wonder if the sept delivery date makes it more of less likely I値l have an issue?!?
Appreciate 0