Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions An Idea on Connected Issues

10-20-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

An Idea on Connected Issues

I work for a software company which uses a subscription model (ring a bell?) and with Connected, the explanations I am seeing are just not acceptable. In my world however, it is large companies asking questions around resolution with a lot of buying power. Answers like "it's down" and "tickets take 30 days for initial acknowledgement" would find us likely out of a job.

Occurred to me this morning that if a rather large group of subscribers approached BMW requesting a bi-weekly feed on progress against widespread service issues - perhaps we would get it. This may also at least give us insight into expectations, frame a conversation around compensation, and perhaps a good forcing function to encourage proper focus on their part.

Not sure how to approach amassing the user community through, any ideas? Anyone interested?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
TheDreierOnline
Registered
Rep
Drives: G21-330i

I'm new to the game and hope I won't face too many issues with the software onboard. I do agree with the fact that if tickets, questions or issues are open for longer than 30days I would get fired as well.

I noticed that the traditional car manufacturers are changing to a more "Tesla" approach when it comes down to upgrades and updates to keep the car as maintained and updated as possible, at least honor the way Tesla works and keep your user's loop in at any time.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #3
NeverEnough007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i & 1991 Mtechnic E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCardamon View Post
I work for a software company which uses a subscription model (ring a bell?) and with Connected, the explanations I am seeing are just not acceptable. In my world however, it is large companies asking questions around resolution with a lot of buying power. Answers like "it's down" and "tickets take 30 days for initial acknowledgement" would find us likely out of a job.

Occurred to me this morning that if a rather large group of subscribers approached BMW requesting a bi-weekly feed on progress against widespread service issues - perhaps we would get it. This may also at least give us insight into expectations, frame a conversation around compensation, and perhaps a good forcing function to encourage proper focus on their part.

Not sure how to approach amassing the user community through, any ideas? Anyone interested?
Yes however, I do not think they will take much action. I am debating whether or not I want to bring it to the dealer 5 times to have it fixed and force them to buy it back under our local states lemon law. If a feature of the vehicle is not fixed after 5 dealer attempts, a buy back is required. BMW will only act when it impacts their pocket.
Appreciate 0