Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Anyone got a G20 with Lex?

11-10-2019, 02:19 PM   #23
Yorkshire330e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebk View Post
I've a while for it to arrive yet (end of November provisional). Things like timing the charge directly hit your cost as well.

Especially shitty they've let a colleague order with comfort access, and I expect disabled the app key which is 95% of the point.

I'm hoping they've somehow just tweaked it in esys or don't supply a sim, which should make it easier to get back up and running.
Has your provisional end of November order arrived yet!?

Mine is with Lex through work (arrived Mid Oct). My previous 2 series was also with Lex, that’s our works leasing company, we’re not forced to use Lex but for me it suits me better to go with them...

So I had all the same blurb on my previous lease car, said it was all disabled, pretty sure I contacted them to protest but to no avail. But... what I found was that by simply going online via connected in the car, you could just reactivate everything and it would eventually work. It didn’t seem 100% straight forward I recall but I managed to get everything working that was available that I wanted including all the remote services that the car had. Think I just signed up to a couple of free trials and it activated the stuff that was supposed to be standard anyway (struggling to properly remember).

Now skip forward to the 330e which I took possession of last month, usual standard spiel from Lex. It took me a full week to get any joy out of Apple CarPlay and connected music, though the remote services have worked ok since day 1.

Having read through this forum I’m not really sure if it’s Lex’s meddling or just idrive/connected being a bit flakey, but I do seem to struggle getting connected music to behave, although I rebooted idrive (having read about holding down the volume knob until the screen goes black) yesterday and that seems to have been fine since.
With CarPlay, I’d found a video online before I got the car showing how to set it up, which I then couldn’t find when the car came! The video said it wasn’t obvious or straight forward to find and boy was it right! After a week of faffing and trail and error I somehow found it, I think deleting my phone as a device from the car and re adding it also helped (again thanks to this forum!)... but I’ve no idea really how I actually managed to pair it in the end.

In summary, I think most things I want to work are now working, but I’m not convinced they’re behaving properly all the time, or were difficult to activate but once done they’ve eventually settled (I hope!). I’d be really interested to know how you or anyone else leasing through Lex have got on with all of this and if you’ve had any similar successes and issues...
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #24
seacow
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e - incoming, 1989 E30 316i

Ive got mine with Lex and had it for 10 days now and everything worked from day 1. As you had the usual speil that would be turned off but nothing blocked on delivery!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #25
JohnBarny
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d + G21 330i

Lex don’t block anything they never had they sent a email a few years back saying they was gonna but they never did for BMW, the Apple car play thing is due to you needing to refresh you’re services once you have connected the car to you’re bmw account. I only know this because I couldn’t get it working so drove to the nearest bmw garage the guy set it up for me in 30secs went onto a menu clicked refresh services and my phone instantly connected to CarPlay.
Appreciate 0