Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK M340i Delivery Delays

11-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
ian2828
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i on order

M340i Delivery Delays

I ordered an M340i from my local dealer on 17th June, in Portimao Blue with almost all of the options selected and with the Aluminium Fabric Individual trim. I’ve been tracking this via the online genius, with an initial expected delivery around 23rd September.

Almost every time I spoke to the genius, the estimated delivery date slipped back by a week, and the car has finally been delivered to the dealer in the last few days. I’m a bit concerned that there was some problem with the vehicle which caused these delays. In particular it appeared to take 16 days from assembly complete until it departed the factory. There were further long delays at both port of exit and port of entry.

I’d be grateful to hear if anyone else experienced similar delays. I asked the dealer to contact BMW for an explanation, but they couldn’t give me any information at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

I ordered 330e in beginning of July, really early after ordering became available.
I was told, by one of the dealers, that earliest delivery could be in sept (as Tricky has had), but then it slipped to 12th of October, and then again slipped to 21st, and eventually 28th of October, although I managed to get mine on the 24th of october...
So in short, yes, slippage was there...

My colleague ordered his 330e two weeks laterm. And his delivery date is late november.. So again, delivery terms has been pushed.

However, Mercedes is much much worse in this, as my colleague had his 350e, when he ordered, slipped by 2 months I think
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 01:32 PM   #3
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2828 View Post
I ordered an M340i from my local dealer on 17th June, in Portimao Blue with almost all of the options selected and with the Aluminium Fabric Individual trim. I’ve been tracking this via the online genius, with an initial expected delivery around 23rd September.

Almost every time I spoke to the genius, the estimated delivery date slipped back by a week, and the car has finally been delivered to the dealer in the last few days. I’m a bit concerned that there was some problem with the vehicle which caused these delays. In particular it appeared to take 16 days from assembly complete until it departed the factory. There were further long delays at both port of exit and port of entry.

I’d be grateful to hear if anyone else experienced similar delays. I asked the dealer to contact BMW for an explanation, but they couldn’t give me any information at all.
Don’t worry, I’m sure your car will be fine and in excellent condition.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #4
ian2828
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks, it’s good to know it’s not just me. I think I’m a bit paranoid as I had to reject a 330i I ordered in the spring (weird micro-bubbling on the roof and boot lid).
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 01:49 PM   #5
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:

Ordered end of August and got it delivered mid-October, so its a bit strange, but I am sure in the end it will be fine. You are going to love the car!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #6
anthonysterling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp, M340i, 335d, X1, 118d

This sounds like my experience ordering an M340i with very similar trim levels.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25324737

I ordered 4th of July and took delivery on the 8th October.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 08:02 AM   #7
ian2828
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonysterling View Post
This sounds like my experience ordering an M340i with very similar trim levels.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25324737

I ordered 4th of July and took delivery on the 8th October.
Thanks, your car looks great. How are you liking the aluminium fabric trim? I’ve yet to see it in person.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #8
anthonysterling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp, M340i, 335d, X1, 118d

Quote:
Thanks, your car looks great. How are you liking the aluminium fabric trim? I’ve yet to see it in person.
It's nice thanks, albeit a bit of a fingerprint magnet but I suspect that to be true with most of the other finishes also.

I hope you enjoy the car, it's quite a thing to behold.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #9
jamiey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Wonder if it’s colour related?

As got a call that my car, which is Mineral White, and was only ordered around 4 weeks ago should be with my dealer by next week.
Appreciate 0