Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum PCD paperwork question

11-06-2019, 06:01 AM   #1
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

PCD paperwork question

My wife and I did PCD this past February for her new X5 (amazing experience) and we decided to do it for my new M340i.

For my wife's car we traded her car and did paperwork on a Wed. afternoon and flew down to Greenville/Spartanburg the following morning. No issues.

My CA (different dealer) is telling me the rules are that paperwork needs to be done a week in advance of departure so the Performance Center can receive a signed affidavit from the dealership in enough time.

Is anyone familiar with this detail? The reason I'm asking is I intended to make one trip to the dealer, the day before our flight, and turn in my current 340i lease on the same day as the paperwork on the new car.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 08:48 AM   #2
swarren119
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I had a similar experience when I did PCD for my M340 in July- my CA required the paperwork to be done at least week in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast182 View Post
My wife and I did PCD this past February for her new X5 (amazing experience) and we decided to do it for my new M340i.

For my wife's car we traded her car and did paperwork on a Wed. afternoon and flew down to Greenville/Spartanburg the following morning. No issues.

My CA (different dealer) is telling me the rules are that paperwork needs to be done a week in advance of departure so the Performance Center can receive a signed affidavit from the dealership in enough time.

Is anyone familiar with this detail? The reason I'm asking is I intended to make one trip to the dealer, the day before our flight, and turn in my current 340i lease on the same day as the paperwork on the new car.
I'm a CA and it says in our PCD checklist that all copies of the final paperwork should be sent to them approx 1 week prior to the delivery date. I would consider you lucky you didn't have an issue when you picked up your X5.
Appreciate 0