Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Bimmer Code not able to code modules

02-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #1
ApoorvS
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Bimmer Code not able to code modules

Hey Folks, I've been coding my car with Bimmer Code for well over a year and haven't experienced any issues before. I went in for some maintenance work at the dealer (oil change and alignment) and uncoded the Alpina theme on the gauge cluster so they wouldn't think anything was up.

When I got it back and was ready to recode it, Bimmer Code would not let me code most of the major modules and said "There is no matching coding data description available." Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue before and how they were able to resolve it.

Fyi, the app is fully up to date and the car is running the latest software update. I have attached screenshots of the message I get from Bimmer Code below. In addition, the adapter I use is the OBD Link Cx and haven't experienced any issues from it previously. I also contacted support, but decided to post here also as they take a while to reply.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 11:30 PM   #2
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Did you disconnect and reconnect and try after a bit? Some people have had that issue (I did too once or twice with my LX). But it started working properly again after a while. I moved onto a wired connection and zero issues now.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 08:07 PM   #3
ApoorvS
Rep

Hey, thanks for your reply I just tried doing that again, I even let the car shut off properly and tried again but no luck. I'll look into trying a wired connection and hopefully have some luck there.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 06:57 AM   #4
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoorvS View Post
Hey, thanks for your reply I just tried doing that again, I even let the car shut off properly and tried again but no luck. I'll look into trying a wired connection and hopefully have some luck there.
Yeah nice you've connected to BimmerCode , you can find out your istep via looking at the vehicle profile page, this also shows all your options.

What does it say you are on ?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #5
jaco_ma
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: G20 320d

Maybe your car software was updated and is too modern for you to access Bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 02:36 PM   #6
ApoorvS
Rep

Bimmercode got back to me and released a new update and everything is working once again. Thank you all for you help though!
Appreciate 0