Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Are BMW drivers a bad look look on BMW? (3er related)

03-06-2021, 05:01 PM   #67
dr_frankfurter
non-essential
Rep
Drives: '21 330i

Here in SoCal, the worst driver's crown has been passed to Tesla owners, especially Model 3's. It's as if the stereotypical BMW and Prius drivers combined their powers and went electric. Ass-riding, weaving in and out traffic, 0 awareness or concern of their surroundings. Turn signal = automatic right of way without so much as turning their heads. Try to pass a slow one hogging the left lane? They remind you who's boss by accelerating as you approach. Want to get behind them? They slow down. Its always entertaining to see what kind of stunt they pull. Never a dull moment with them.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2021, 05:52 PM   #68
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Hard to argue that one. Of course I think Tesla drivers are probably universal in terms of their driving habits. They want to make sure you know they can accelerate quickly.

Then like someone else said, Prius drivers are shit as well.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2021, 06:00 PM   #69
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Seeing as how a lot of Prius buyers are now shifting to Tesla's (I haven't seen a new Prius in quite some time) you now get the aggressive acceleration crowd, as well as the left lane hogs, all in Model 3's.
sikotic488.00
Blubaron791431.50
      03-06-2021, 07:54 PM   #70
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
I notice a lot of shit bag Ford Focus ST drivers out here. Also a few Mitsubishi Lancers I see on the highway all souped up w mailbox exhaust cans strapped on
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #71
WKU88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 340i

Idiot drivers are not exclusive to any brand of vehicle. I'll start by saying that I am not the typical M340i customer, I am a 59 year old farmer and I live in farm country. The other morning I took the long way to work. There is a approx. 4 mile curvey stretch of road that is just made to have fun with a BMW. To be clear it was early morning so traffic was non existent, there are very few driveways and no blind curves, and I was going to stay in my lane. Just before the first curve a lifted old Ford Pick Up is is on my bumper, If I was doing 75 mph he had to be doing over 100 to catch me that fast. I'll move over if he wants to pass me that bad, but he just wanted to some sort of statement. I step on the gas to keep from being rear ended, he finally ended up almost in the ditch, I fully expected to see him tumbling through the field shedding parts in my rear view mirror. He saved it and tried to do it again. Same result, the idiot is lucky to be alive.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2021, 10:35 AM   #72
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKU88 View Post
Idiot drivers are not exclusive to any brand of vehicle. I'll start by saying that I am not the typical M340i customer, I am a 59 year old farmer and I live in farm country. The other morning I took the long way to work. There is a approx. 4 mile curvey stretch of road that is just made to have fun with a BMW. To be clear it was early morning so traffic was non existent, there are very few driveways and no blind curves, and I was going to stay in my lane. Just before the first curve a lifted old Ford Pick Up is is on my bumper, If I was doing 75 mph he had to be doing over 100 to catch me that fast. I'll move over if he wants to pass me that bad, but he just wanted to some sort of statement. I step on the gas to keep from being rear ended, he finally ended up almost in the ditch, I fully expected to see him tumbling through the field shedding parts in my rear view mirror. He saved it and tried to do it again. Same result, the idiot is lucky to be alive.
First of all, welcome to the forum!

You are correct in that there are plenty of douchebag drivers irrespective of brand. However, to be fair, it was your "BMW" that brought the worst out of that a-hole, lol. J/K. Yes unfortunately people feel the need to race you even if it is a POS jacked up pickup truck. Sounds like the guy deserved to go tumbling into the fields somewhere.

By the way, sounds like you need to update your signature since you're driving an M340i
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 04:35 PM   #73
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
I'll share an unexpected observation.

I've struggled to defeat the stereotype ever since my first BMW. I signal when changing lanes (always keep that blinker fluid topped up! ), I try not to tailgate, I try not to blast off the line every time and generally obey reasonable speed guidelines.

My wife noticed that now that I'm driving a modern, black BMW sedan, suddenly people are actually giving me space! People are letting me in side turns!

NO ONE gave me any time of day in my 6MTs, no matter how polite I was! Always someone ready to race, always someone on my ass, always someone refusing to let me in no matter how long I waited.

I don't know if I come off as a responsible owner with a newer car, or the imposing presence of Black Sapphire on a clean car. I just think its pretty funny
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 05:11 PM   #74
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EndOfAnEra- View Post
I'll share an unexpected observation.

I've struggled to defeat the stereotype ever since my first BMW. I signal when changing lanes (always keep that blinker fluid topped up! ), I try not to tailgate, I try not to blast off the line every time and generally obey reasonable speed guidelines.

My wife noticed that now that I'm driving a modern, black BMW sedan, suddenly people are actually giving me space! People are letting me in side turns!

NO ONE gave me any time of day in my 6MTs, no matter how polite I was! Always someone ready to race, always someone on my ass, always someone refusing to let me in no matter how long I waited.

I don't know if I come off as a responsible owner with a newer car, or the imposing presence of Black Sapphire on a clean car. I just think its pretty funny
I think it's because they know you'll rip them a new one with your M340i. Lol. It's more about
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2021, 06:51 PM   #75
Shinel
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

More annoying are those bmw drivers that have the need to tune their m340 to pop off like a fucking popcorn maker. Please, stop.
Appreciate 1
VetteGuy845.50
      03-15-2021, 06:57 PM   #76
Benjamin_Nicholas
BEAST? ... How dare you.
Rep
Drives: BMW, Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinel View Post
More annoying are those bmw drivers that have the need to tune their m340 to pop off like a fucking popcorn maker. Please, stop.
I agree.

But it's also a subjective thing. There are a lot of people who do it for the attention they're not getting elsewhere.

It's the same cringe-factor for me as seeing a $200K+ vehicle in some god-awful custom color or with an aftermarket disco lighting package.

It's as if the driver thinks that Ferrari or Lambo designers didn't get it right from concept to conception.
2023 BMW X5M
2020 BMW M340i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 07:03 PM   #77
Shinel
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin_Nicholas View Post
I agree.

But it's also a subjective thing. There are a lot of people who do it for the attention they're not getting elsewhere.

It's the same cringe-factor for me as seeing a $200K+ vehicle in some god-awful custom color or with an aftermarket disco lighting package.

It's as if the driver thinks that Ferrari or Lambo designers didn't get it right from concept to conception.
Maybe also an age thing?
When I was younger I guess a full loud exhaust on a stock sohc d16 sounded great but now I would rather hear that engine and the turbo spool up. Ahhhhh I’m only 30 but I feel like I lived a lifetime haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 10:20 AM   #78
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

I dunno, I kinda like the mildly upgraded exhausts for the B58 / S58. Ultimately though there’s no comparing to the loping grumble of a big V8 though so I’m content to leave the exhaust stock for now.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #79
Long Driver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 M340xi

This morning, I let two trucks pull out in my lane. One actually stopped besides me at the next light and thanked me for "not being the typical BMW driver."

So, chalk one up for us.

The joke "What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? (the Beemer has pricks on the inside) still makes me chuckle, but it takes nothing to do something courteous.
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12792.50
      04-02-2021, 12:52 AM   #80
jeep
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i,18 M4,19 530e,08 e70

They are not exclusive to BMWs, I found one in a Ford Escape

I was driving along nicely on a single lane road when the road adds a passing lane, but in our proud American tradition we like to stick to the fast lane. So I moved into the slow lane to pass the guy in front of me. This world police asshat was a good mile in front of me but probably felt inadequate without the LEDs, he immediately switched lanes. I knew the road becomes single lane again so I didn't try to pass him ever. But this guy was really feeling it that day, he slows down the entire traffic for the full remaining few miles and then blocks me at the first traffic light. I still don't know what I did to him. I have it all on video.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #81
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List

By chance...
      04-04-2021, 09:31 PM   #82
madpistol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i GC

While I was driving today, I saw a White 440i Coupe (previous gen) driving normally. As I passed them going only slightly faster, the dude slammed on his accelerator, got about 2 car lengths ahead and then slowed back down. I eventually caught up with said 440i, and got a chance to look over the car a bit... it had a temp paper tag and a dude that looked to be in his early 20's that could be described a "Gangsta"

Stereotype confirmed.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50
      04-04-2021, 10:21 PM   #83
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

LMAO. Nice.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 08:59 AM   #84
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Driving a BMW for under a week now, and it seems to bring out the worst in other drivers. I've had Corrollas and Kia Souls riding my ass at 85 mph in the travel lane with wide open lanes on either side of them. Hondas reving up at red lights...as if they're saying...'lets go'...I have just been chuckling to myself. I did not get this attention in any Audi I've owned. I think my worst fear is true.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2021, 09:54 AM   #85
madpistol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Driving a BMW for under a week now, and it seems to bring out the worst in other drivers. I've had Corrollas and Kia Souls riding my ass at 85 mph in the travel lane with wide open lanes on either side of them. Hondas reving up at red lights...as if they're saying...'lets go'...I have just been chuckling to myself. I did not get this attention in any Audi I've owned. I think my worst fear is true.
This M340i brings out the worst in me. I had a TRD Camry pull up beside me at a stop light and rev. I was like "really? Seriously?"

He floored the accelerator from a stop, so I pushed my accelerator in about 50% and kept pace for a few seconds... then I pulled away... effortlessly.

I really do like the TRD Camry, and the 3.5 V6 in them is an absolute gem of a motor... but they are not fast, especially compared to an M340i.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 10:21 AM   #86
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Feeling the same vibes here. I mean it's great because then I have plenty of others going way faster than me running ahead and getting pulled over, but I'm over here cruising in eco pro mode like "go on with your bad self, I'm still in break-in mode..." I'm still watchful for the highway patrol and drive confidently-but-safely, but these other people...yeah I dunno what it is. They all want to pass me.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 10:46 AM   #87
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Feeling the same vibes here. I mean it's great because then I have plenty of others going way faster than me running ahead and getting pulled over, but I'm over here cruising in eco pro mode like "go on with your bad self, I'm still in break-in mode..." I'm still watchful for the highway patrol and drive confidently-but-safely, but these other people...yeah I dunno what it is. They all want to pass me.
I get that sometimes in my Audi and I'm certain that when I get my M340i it's going to only amp everything up a notch. Had a douche the other night in his Subie STI (typical driver) looking to race people at every light. He was hoping I'd go for it but it was in an area I know are full of cops waiting for people not to mention I was with my wife so it was a no-go .

The funny thing is you end up catching up to them at the next traffic signal and I'm thinking "did that make you feel good to race yourself?"
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 02:09 PM   #88
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

It's not even the subarus or mustangs! 90% of the ones I've had driving super aggressive once I enter their vicinity are like, 2003 Nissan Sentras and crap. Prius drivers. Ford Flex. Etc. I had a Ford Edge come right up my ass and tailgate me at like 75 in a 55, so I moved over and let him pass and he did about 90-95 for the next 10 miles till I got to my exit. Bright red one too...

I really just visualize them as NFL blockers. Like, I'm perfectly happy to chill with traffic at 75-80 when 90% of the people are doing 80, and then the Ford can go fly by and take the ticket while the rest of us ease off while he gets pulled over (didn't happen but that's what I figured would happen if there were a cop ahead).

Side note - I also got a warning on the ride side of my dash that said radar trap ahead. Surprised the hell out of me and don't know what triggered it, but it popped up there. Maybe from the nav system being integrated with Waze or something?
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50