Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Order Tracking Thread - Stages, Dates and Data Points

11-09-2020, 11:19 PM   #1695
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer006 View Post
Did you get your car yet?? Or its still at the dealership?
Picking it up tomorrow. Tried for today but they didn't get done with whatever they do until after 7. We are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow afternoon so before then. I didn't expect it in MN until today anyway so all is good. Are you end of week?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 11:29 PM   #1696
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthOne View Post
Apparently it's still at the port and it's because of the M Performance parts installed. It was supposed to be here last week. It shows in transit. So nobody really knows anything. It was supposed to be at the dealer today. Per my call with them, then I was updated. Should be there by the end of this week. I don't think I can do a custom order again. This is too frustrating and my patience is non existent. I'll fly to another state if I have to and buy next time rather than go this route.
I am a fan of custom builds. At least in this market the dealers pick all of the same options. Adaptive suspension and laser lights were a must, and I have only seen one car here with either. Didn't care about the HK sound system but all cars have that here. I also picked a non-standard color scheme of Mineral Grey with Cognac. I have always bought black interiors but as you get older you can't see sh!t if you leave anything behind. My last two were European Delivery and that was worse. You order the car in June, pick it up in October, drive for two weeks, THEN you wait a month for re-delivery.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 06:24 AM   #1697
obscurehero
Private
Rep
Drives: for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpurnell View Post
I am a fan of custom builds. At least in this market the dealers pick all of the same options. Adaptive suspension and laser lights were a must, and I have only seen one car here with either. Didn't care about the HK sound system but all cars have that here. I also picked a non-standard color scheme of Mineral Grey with Cognac. I have always bought black interiors but as you get older you can't see sh!t if you leave anything behind. My last two were European Delivery and that was worse. You order the car in June, pick it up in October, drive for two weeks, THEN you wait a month for re-delivery.
Can I ask why they were a must? Those are literally the only two options I didn't specify.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 07:49 AM   #1698
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 -> G20

Quote:
Picking it up tomorrow. Tried for today but they didn't get done with whatever they do until after 7. We are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow afternoon so before then. I didn't expect it in MN until today anyway so all is good. Are you end of week?
Wow 3-6 inches snow already lol

Yes, i'm planning to pick it up on Saturday. Trying to use some more miles that I still have in my current car.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 08:44 AM   #1699
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurehero View Post
Can I ask why they were a must? Those are literally the only two options I didn't specify.
I live in the MSP area and our roads are terrible. The stock suspension is set for sport mode. I am fine with that but my wife is not. Every expansion joint gets drilled into you. So for $700 you can have essentially 4 modes, including one that is softer. I have always tried to get the 'best' lights and have not regretted it. The NHTSA has essentially approved a change to allow the full anti-dazzle features of laser lights. Just like Wisconsin there are deer everywhere here, so when you get out of the metro area every beam of light counts.

I also think your point is why dealers around here don't typically order those two items. The lights in particular are expensive, I think a net of about $1,200 over the premium package. When buyers don't see the intrinsic value in options dealers aren't going to order them for their showrooms. Just means people like me have to custom order sight unseen.

Last edited by bap340i; 11-10-2020 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: clarity
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2020, 09:05 AM   #1700
obscurehero
Private
Rep

Quote:
I live in the MSP area and our roads are terrible. The stock suspension is set for sport mode. I am fine with that but my wife is not. Every expansion joint gets drilled into you. So for $700 you can have essentially 4 modes, including one that is softer. I have always tried to get the 'best' lights and have not regretted it. The NHTSA has essentially approved a change to allow the full anti-dazzle features of laser lights. Just like Wisconsin there are deer everywhere here, so when you get out of the metro area every beam of light counts.

I also think your point is why dealers around here don't typically order those two items. The lights in particular are expensive, I think a net of about $1,200 over the premium package. When buyers don't see the intrinsic value in options dealers aren't going to order them for their showrooms. Just means people like me have to custom order sight unseen.
Makes sense! Yeah, I figured they were two options I wouldn't use as often. The roads are bad around here, but from all reports there wasn't much of a difference with adaptive... granted they did say it had a bit of a more comfortable ride.

On the lights. I don't do a lot of rural driving so I figured I'd never be able to actually use the laser lights, but they look incredible.
      11-10-2020, 09:48 AM   #1701
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthOne View Post
That makes sense, they should add an extra check point that say's, "On Ship" so that it clarifies this because when in transit, it implies it's on a truck to the dealer.
Agreed! Would really help to clear things up.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 08:13 PM   #1702
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Picked up my car today and did not avoid our 3-6 inches of snow, so no car pictures. A couple of observations:

1. The Cerium Grey trim has a flatter matte finish than 2020's. I think most of you do shadowline so don't care, but looks good.
2. There is a new subscription service, something about traffic cameras and speed traps. I bought 18 months worth, but if you go through the Connected App it should offer you a three month free trial. You can also get a free trial of drive recorder if you have parking assistance? I think you need cameras to do that, so just a guess. I have very low expectations of this speed trap service.
3. I will keep this car for a while so got the spare tire option. It takes some trunk space but as long as I can fit a pair of skis in there I'm good. It is level with the bottom lip where the trunk latch is to give you an idea of how much space you lose. Will lose the runflats next summer.
4. Oak matte trim is fantastic.
5. There is a ton of technology in these cars. In my climate guessing a battery will last about 90 days.
6. Had to turn off laser detection in my V1G1, went crazy. No shortage of laser interference in this car.
7. The new 4 series grill looks better in real life, although I would definitely get that in black. The silver outline really screams at you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-11-2020, 03:56 AM   #1703
born_on_halloween
Bayerische Motoren Werke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive PB

anyone ordered with MPE already got it and happy with it?

i hear 2021s is a bit quite
Retired - 2015 335 xDrive Mineral Gray, M-sport manual
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 08:49 AM   #1704
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_on_halloween View Post

The MPE with the '21 is very loud it's pops and crackles and does everything you want it to do but it doesn't pop and burble as much as the 2020
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 11:15 AM   #1705
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
The MPE with the '21 is very loud it's pops and crackles and does everything you want it to do but it doesn't pop and burble as much as the 2020
My 2021 doesn't make any pops burbbles and noises from the exhaust at all, even in sport plus mode. Sad.

I hope you are enjoying your new car man.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 11:21 AM   #1706
obscurehero
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_on_halloween View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
This is a little off-topic for this thread, but from what I understand the major changes (if there are any) are going to be in the ECU. It's a tuning change when you get substantially less engine noise like that from your exhaust with all other things being equal. MPE will help you accentuate what is already there, but to get back what used to be there... you'll need to tune it.

I think the rumor is currently that OPF's in Europe led BMW to change the tune and that while NA cars don't get the OPF they get the same neutered engine tune. No idea if I'm full of it, but that's the thought.
      11-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #1707
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Picked up my car today and did not avoid our 3-6 inches of snow, so no car pictures. A couple of observations:

1. The Cerium Grey trim has a flatter matte finish than 2020's. I think most of you do shadowline so don't care, but looks good.
2. There is a new subscription service, something about traffic cameras and speed traps. I bought 18 months worth, but if you go through the Connected App it should offer you a three month free trial. You can also get a free trial of drive recorder if you have parking assistance? I think you need cameras to do that, so just a guess. I have very low expectations of this speed trap service.
3. I will keep this car for a while so got the spare tire option. It takes some trunk space but as long as I can fit a pair of skis in there I'm good. It is level with the bottom lip where the trunk latch is to give you an idea of how much space you lose. Will lose the runflats next summer.
4. Oak matte trim is fantastic.
5. There is a ton of technology in these cars. In my climate guessing a battery will last about 90 days.
6. Had to turn off laser detection in my V1G1, went crazy. No shortage of laser interference in this car.
7. The new 4 series grill looks better in real life, although I would definitely get that in black. The silver outline really screams at you.

Even i got the spare tire, as i'm planning to keep this car for a while. So it's better to have as a back up. Moreover another advantage of having spare tire setup is, i have a storage space under. Which sadly BMW took it away on a regular g20 setup, as they have decided to place secondary battery in that spot.

Also, your central screen looks smaller, is that just due to Apple Car Play? OR you didn't get 10.25" screen?

What is your car's configuration? May be you can PM me, if you don't want to post the config on this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #1708
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Even i got the spare tire, as i'm planning to keep this car for a while. So it's better to have as a back up. Moreover another advantage of having spare tire setup is, i have a storage space under. Which sadly BMW took it away on a regular g20 setup, as they have decided to place secondary battery in that spot.

Also, your central screen looks smaller, is that just due to Apple Car Play? OR you didn't get 10.25" screen?

What is your car's configuration? May be you can PM me, if you don't want to post the config on this thread.
Regular size screen is standard on all M340, but maybe in Carplay it looks smaller. Coming from an F30 it looks huge. There is just so much to configure. Anyway, in MN you can't really do two sets of tires. We had 6 inches of snow and 15 degrees two weeks ago, a week of 70, and 6 inches of snow yesterday. These seasons are known as pre-winter and false fall, respectively. I used to change to winter tires around 11/15 but that would be way too late the last couple of years. Anyway -

M340i x
Mineral Grey/Cognac
792M wheels with all season run flats (not a fan but...MN)
Open pore oak grain trim
Driving Assistance
Executive Pkg - just for laser lights, probably turn off gesture
Parking Assistance
Adaptive Suspension
Front and rear heated seats
Power tailgate - wanted the kick to release, misunderstood what this did
Remote Engine Start - resale only, I have a heated garage
Spare

I probably would have upgraded to HK Stereo but it changed to production status the day I was going to do that. Base sound is fine for me.

How about you? By the way I was blown away by the cost of the extra insurance stuff, like tires, ceramic coating the visors, etc. Do people really buy that stuff? I think there was more than $20k worth of that.
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #1709
spOOL68
Rep
Drives: BMW m340i

Tint got done today. Can't wait until Friday to take her home.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 08:44 PM   #1710
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spOOL68 View Post
Tint got done today. Can't wait until Friday to take her home.
Great color!
Appreciate 1
spOOL6812.00
      11-11-2020, 10:49 PM   #1711
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Cars at the dealer it gets delivered to my house Friday! Finally!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 11:06 AM   #1712
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Regular size screen is standard on all M340, but maybe in Carplay it looks smaller. Coming from an F30 it looks huge. There is just so much to configure. Anyway, in MN you can't really do two sets of tires. We had 6 inches of snow and 15 degrees two weeks ago, a week of 70, and 6 inches of snow yesterday. These seasons are known as pre-winter and false fall, respectively. I used to change to winter tires around 11/15 but that would be way too late the last couple of years. Anyway -

M340i x
Mineral Grey/Cognac
Open pore oak grain trim
Driving Assistance
Parking Assistance
Adaptive Suspension
Spare

I probably would have upgraded to HK Stereo but it changed to production status the day I was going to do that. Base sound is fine for me.

How about you? By the way I was blown away by the cost of the extra insurance stuff, like tires, ceramic coating the visors, etc. Do people really buy that stuff? I think there was more than $20k worth of that.
Here is my configuration

330i xdrive
Portimao Blue with Vernasca leather blue contrast stitching
Aluminium Mesh trim
M Sport package
Rest everything what you have (less Adaptive suspension, add H&K surround sound).

In my case I didn't include Adaptive suspension in original order, by the time I wanted to include in my order, the car went into production.

But, I did a test drive of G20 with M Sport suspension, it wasn't too bad (actually it felt better than my current F30 suspension), especially it comes with new suspension system for G20. So I'm ok with the M Sport suspension.

Definitely the additional options easily bumps up the total cost of the car. But well, I would spend extra to enjoy the car with features that I wish I wanted in my car.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 11:11 AM   #1713
obscurehero
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, don't ever do that via the dealer. I'm sure you know that but that's their low-hanging fruit money maker.

Ceramic coating I'd do myself or via a detailer if that's your thing. I'm still not sure, but I think the recommendation is to do it if you're going to handwash it reasonably often.
      11-12-2020, 11:14 AM   #1714
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Here is my configuration

330i xdrive
Portimao Blue with Vernasca leather blue contrast stitching
Aluminium Mesh trim
M Sport package
Rest everything what you have (less Adaptive suspension, add H&K surround sound).

In my case I didn't include Adaptive suspension in original order, by the time I wanted to include in my order, the car went into production.

But, I did a test drive of G20 with M Sport suspension, it wasn't too bad (actually it felt better than my current F30 suspension), especially it comes with new suspension system for G20. So I'm ok with the M Sport suspension.

Definitely the additional options easily bumps up the total cost of the car. But well, I would spend extra to enjoy the car with features that I wish I wanted in my car.
The M Sport Suspension was fine for me, but for $700 I won't have to listen to my wife complain every time she is in the car. Worth every penny.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #1715
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurehero View Post
Yeah, don't ever do that via the dealer. I'm sure you know that but that's their low-hanging fruit money maker.

Ceramic coating I'd do myself or via a detailer if that's your thing. I'm still not sure, but I think the recommendation is to do it if you're going to handwash it reasonably often.
I looked into both ceramic and Xpel. For a lease and if you were going to do either it might make some sense to just add it to your payment. I wasn't going to do either right now, and learned long ago that anything offered by the finance manager would be higher than finding your own shop. I can also offer that buying a car when you are younger they put way more pressure on the finance manager items. The last four cars I bought they just moved past those things quickly.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2020, 11:37 AM   #1716
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW m340i (soon), Audi Q7

Quote:

M340i x
Mineral Grey/Cognac
Open pore oak grain trim
Driving Assistance
Parking Assistance
Adaptive Suspension
Spare

Thats an awesome build, I skipped the executive package ( I hate gesture control , and don't drive enough at night for laser lights) and the suspension and spare tire for my build. But I did get the H&K Audio.
Appreciate 1