Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Tracking vehicles built at the San Luis Potosí, Mexico assembly plant?

12-07-2020, 09:25 PM   #89
Graaf_Autowerks
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Pilot View Post
Hi,

Anyone recently track their car from the Mexico plant?
My car has been sitting in "ready for transport" for 10 days.
That's pretty common to sit at this stage for a while. I think mine was ready for approx 10 days as well, week later it's at destination port and should be at dealership within a week.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 05:27 AM   #90
Jbone453
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Hi,

Anyone recently track their car from the Mexico plant?
My car has been sitting in "ready for transport" for 10 days.
Mine was sitting for almost 3 weeks at "ready for transport." It got to Brunswick on the 27th, according to BMW, and I still don't have an update on when I can go do PCD. It actually just flipped from "in transit" back to "at the port" last night/this morning.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 06:40 AM   #91
F1 Pilot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '19 X5 M Sport '21 335x M sp

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone453 View Post
Mine was sitting for almost 3 weeks at "ready for transport." It got to Brunswick on the 27th, according to BMW, and I still don't have an update on when I can go do PCD. It actually just flipped from "in transit" back to "at the port" last night/this morning.
Have you done PDC delivery before? You're in for a treat. Word of advice- Do the hot lap BEFORE lunch. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
WWM3968.00
      12-08-2020, 06:52 AM   #92
F1 Pilot
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graaf_Autowerks View Post
That's pretty common to sit at this stage for a while. I think mine was ready for approx 10 days as well, week later it's at destination port and should be at dealership within a week.
Thanks for the update. I guess they need to fill up a ship. My cars build at the Germany factory seemed to be on a ship within a couple of days of "ready for transport"
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #93
Graaf_Autowerks
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graaf_Autowerks View Post
Thanks for the update. I guess they need to fill up a ship. My cars build at the Germany factory seemed to be on a ship within a couple of days of "ready for transport"
Yeah, I don't have any experience with that as this was my first BMW order... but I thought I recalled somewhere they ship out one week a month? So if your build week is early in the cycle you're waiting a few weeks until they are ready for mass transport. I will see if I can find where I read that, I could be mistaken.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #94
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW m340i (soon), Audi Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone453 View Post
Mine was sitting in "read for transport" for at least 10 days (coming from Mexico) - today it changed to 'in port' - now at least its inching his way closer to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 09:34 AM   #95
F1 Pilot
Enlisted Member
Rep

So after 10 days of checking 2x a day I decided to call BMW and was told my car is on a ship!
I live in NY and the ship's destination is Galveston, TX.
Looks like I'm 2 weeks away from delivery! Counting the days! The online tracker is at "in transit" and skipped all the data points between "ready for transport" to where it is now.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 09:37 AM   #96
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
So after 10 days of checking 2x a day I decided to call BMW and was told my car is on a ship!
I live in NY and the ship's destination is Galveston, TX.
Looks like I'm 2 weeks away from delivery! Counting the days! The online tracker is at "in transit" and skipped all the data points between "ready for transport" to where it is now.
Yea, I had the same thing where the car was rdy for transport right up until it was on a ship. there is something about the supply chain in mx where the cars are often not logged as leaving the factory until they are rolled onto the ship
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 10:46 AM   #97
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Yea, I had the same thing where the car was rdy for transport right up until it was on a ship. there is something about the supply chain in mx where the cars are often not logged as leaving the factory until they are rolled onto the ship
Even stranger for me, I was all excited about the 'at port' today just for it hours later changing to 'in transit' - so hopefully it means it will be at the dealer sooner rather than later!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 10:54 AM   #98
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Viking View Post
Quote:
Even stranger for me, I was all excited about the 'at port' today just for it hours later changing to 'in transit' - so hopefully it means it will be at the dealer sooner rather than later!
If it is now showing in transit it means it is on a boat, if you call genius and speak to a human they will be able to tell you what boat it is on soon, maybe as soon as already. (Then you can follow the boat on its journey!)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #99
obscurehero
Private
Rep
Drives: for fun

Yeah, it magically changed status today for me as well.

--

Order Timeline
Order Received - 10/31/20
Scheduled For Production - 11/06/20
Production Begins - 11/10/20
Exterior Body Assembly Begins - N/A
In Paint Booth - N/A
Entering Assembly Line - 11/19/20
Assembly In Progress - 11/20/20
Quality Check - 11/20/20
Final Assembly - 11/21/20
Ready For Transport - 11/22/20
Awaiting Carrier Assignment - N/A
Dispatched From Factory - N/A
At The Port - N/A
In Transit - 12/8/20
At The Dealership -
Vehicle Delivered -
      12-08-2020, 11:40 AM   #100
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurehero View Post
Yeah, it magically changed status today for me as well.

--

Order Timeline
Order Received - 10/31/20
Scheduled For Production - 11/06/20
Production Begins - 11/10/20
Exterior Body Assembly Begins - N/A
In Paint Booth - N/A
Entering Assembly Line - 11/19/20
Assembly In Progress - 11/20/20
Quality Check - 11/20/20
Final Assembly - 11/21/20
Ready For Transport - 11/22/20
Awaiting Carrier Assignment - N/A
Dispatched From Factory - N/A
At The Port - N/A
In Transit - 12/8/20
At The Dealership -
Vehicle Delivered -
That is pretty much my exact timeline as well. I am guessing its on the same boat as my M340i! There was a Vehicle carrier named 'Arc Resolve' that just left today according to Vessel Finder, but it doesn't have a destination listed yet (it just shows the port it just left in Mexico) Given its a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship, its a good chance it has our cars on it - I haven't spoken with a human today to ask.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2020, 01:46 PM   #101
F1 Pilot
Enlisted Member
Rep

Now that I'm on a ship headed to Galveston TX, does anyone know if a car destined for NY stays on the boat to the NJ port or are cars off loaded and then travel by other means to the VDC in NJ ?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #102
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Now that I'm on a ship headed to Galveston TX, does anyone know if a car destined for NY stays on the boat to the NJ port or are cars off loaded and then travel by other means to the VDC in NJ ?
Arc Resolve thats due from Mexico to Galveston on December 10th heads to South America from Galveston, so if thats the ship with our cars are , it would have to be unloaded in Galveston.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #103
F1 Pilot
Enlisted Member
Rep

I'm on the Glovis Corona
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 04:54 PM   #104
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Viking View Post
Arc Resolve thats due from Mexico to Galveston on December 10th heads to South America from Galveston, so if thats the ship with our cars are , it would have to be unloaded in Galveston.
You should call. Highly unlikely you are on this ship, as you will be offloaded in Baltimore. But it sounds like you are on a ship, so that is exciting.

Just saw the post about the Glovis Corona. You are most likely on this ship. Here is the schedule:

https://sallaumlines.us/schedule/

Last edited by bap340i; 12-08-2020 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #105
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The boats make multiple stops up the east coast picking up and dropping off. Bmw also does not always recognize being on a boat for a day or two after it has left port. Also unconfirmed but bmw may also use veracruz for shipping in addition to altamira. So trying to guess and check the boat is really hard

It is extreme rare to offload then get on another boat. The only example I can think of where that happened in BMW supply chain was when US 3 series were sourced from South Africa. Some boats would go direct to the USA others would go to Bremerhaven

Also do not 100% trust the online available schedules to cover ALL stops. Many are meant for consumers looking to book a ship. If a stop is an offload only (like the bmw vpc dock in new jersey) it will not always be on those
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 05:26 PM   #106
F1 Pilot
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The boats make multiple stops up the east coast picking up and dropping off. Bmw also does not always recognize being on a boat for a day or two after it has left port. Also unconfirmed but bmw may also use veracruz for shipping in addition to altamira. So trying to guess and check the boat is really hard

It is extreme rare to offload then get on another boat. The only example I can think of where that happened in BMW supply chain was when US 3 series were sourced from South Africa. Some boats would go direct to the USA others would go to Bremerhaven

Also do not 100% trust the online available schedules to cover ALL stops. Many are meant for consumers looking to book a ship. If a stop is an offload only (like the bmw vpc dock in new jersey) it will not always be on those
Thanks for the info! This is the 6th time I've ordered a factory car but the first non-german or non-USA build.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 06:51 PM   #107
obscurehero
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap340i View Post
You should call. Highly unlikely you are on this ship, as you will be offloaded in Baltimore. But it sounds like you are on a ship, so that is exciting.

Just saw the post about the Glovis Corona. You are most likely on this ship. Here is the schedule:

https://sallaumlines.us/schedule/
The Glovis is still heading to Mexico and my tracker says that it's already on a boat...

I'll have to call it looks like.
      12-08-2020, 07:42 PM   #108
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurehero View Post
The Glovis is still heading to Mexico and my tracker says that it's already on a boat...

I'll have to call it looks like.
Glovis Corona left Veracruz yesterday and is headed to Galveston. The port of Galveston expects it to arrive tomorrow. The free version of MarineTraffic is accurate for point to point segments. You can track the port it left and the next arrival port. Harder to track the entire schedule without a paid account.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #109
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This is a true statement. It is more like a suggestion, with ports on the schedule deleted and ports not on the schedule added. I think the overall schedule timeline is probably reasonable, but one shouldn't be surprised if stops in Charleston, Jacksonville, and Brunswick are added, and in no particular order.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #110
obscurehero
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap340i View Post
Glovis Corona left Veracruz yesterday and is headed to Galveston. The port of Galveston expects it to arrive tomorrow. The free version of MarineTraffic is accurate for point to point segments. You can track the port it left and the next arrival port. Harder to track the entire schedule without a paid account.
My mistake. I misread one of the trackers. It's actually arriving in Galveston right now.