Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions added wireless charging tray and coding for phone reminder

04-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #45
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37b View Post
looks like there have already been four iterations of this part. I am curious what is being revised and if there is an even newer part.
The one I got was: 84-10-9-434-000

Seems to be working fine for me?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 01:04 PM   #46
37b
☠️
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post

I'm sure it works fine, but it shows as discontinued (interesting to note it was introduced in 11/19 builds), along with 3 other previous versions. It seems there is something they are trying to fix with various revisions. Maybe it's the iPhone wallet thing?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #47
possible335i2008
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37b View Post
looks like there have already been four iterations of this part. I am curious what is being revised and if there is an even newer part.

Is there an issue with iPhone wallet with that charger?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 01:27 PM   #48
37b
☠️
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
Is there an issue with iPhone wallet with that charger?
I literally got my car two days ago...but people have complained that the NFC pad triggers Apple Pay. I noticed this when I took my phone out of the compartment.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 06:37 PM   #49
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I received part 84-10-9-434-000 from BMW Parts Pro and installed it today.

I tried to activate the NFC card (that I have never activated before), and nothing happens when I put the card in the tray. I'll play with it some more to see if I can make it work, but at least the charging works ok.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #50
possible335i2008
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusHoy View Post

I tried to activate the NFC card (that I have never activated before), and nothing happens when I put the card in the tray. I'll play with it some more to see if I can make it work, but at least the charging works ok.
Did you follow the card activation sequence?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 08:24 PM   #51
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

When I put the card in the wireless charger it doesn't start the card activation process. Nothing happens at all.

I did notice that the wallet app on my iPhone no longer triggers the way it did in the NFC pad when
my iPhone is on it. But I was able to get my phone to somewhat react to the wireless pad if I open the wallet app first and then put it close to the wireless pad, my primary Apple Pay card will pop up. Either way, it doesn't look like the NFC card is working right now :-(
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2020, 03:04 PM   #52
minakoto00
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i xDrive Luxury Line

Garage List
Quote:

Congrats to your wireless charging tray! I was looking for the same part on BMW Parts Pro but I didn't pull the trigger considering that part number might be incorrect and good to know you guys actually verified it's working.

Also thanks greekcs for opening this post!

And talking about the phone reminder, do you guys have any luck using bimmercode to code it in?
Appreciate 1
greekcs773.00
      04-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #53
hottroc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

If anyone else does this would you mind seeing if you can spot where the wire connects to, ie the other end from the wireless charger....for those of us who don't have the NFC pad. If it's fairly close then we can add the necessary wiring. Think it might connect to BDC (wherever that is??).
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #54
Fpangalos
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

[IMG][/IMG]

Just installed and coded with bimmercode
Attached Images

05-01-2020, 06:59 PM   #55
minakoto00
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpangalos View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

That looks awesome! How did you code the reminder in bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 07:02 PM   #56
Fpangalos
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minakoto00 View Post
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

That looks awesome! How did you code the reminder in bimmercode?
Wca to active in mgu for the display portion but one more code is needed in kombi to activate the sound side. Reached out to Greeks and waiting for a response to hear what he coded in kombi using esys, might point me in the right direction...
      05-01-2020, 11:42 PM   #57
minakoto00
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wca to active in mgu for the display portion but one more code is needed in kombi to activate the sound side. Reached out to Greeks and waiting for a response to hear what he coded in kombi using esys, might point me in the right direction...
Thanks you so much! I finally pulled the trigger on bmwpartspro, might takes a while to get this. Looking forward to get it installed and coded.

Guys correct me if I'm wrong but I'm wondering about the differences between Esys and Bimmercode though. I'm a coding noob but my understanding is you could do VO coding with Esys but not with Bimmercode. So the role VO coding playing is modifying some factory settings which actually defined the hardware (options) equipped on this vehicle then when the software is updated, those easily-accessible codings aren't just being overwritten by default, since the VO 'defined' it's there?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 03:09 PM   #58
greekcs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what changes are needed for Kombi. I just added 6NW to FA in Esys and VO coded Kombi and MGU. This also activated Enhanced bluetooth which allowed for SMS dictation.

Are other people with the wireless charger having intermittent overheating during operation leading to pausing of charging. The blue indicator turns red until you remove the phone from the pad.

Last edited by greekcs; 05-02-2020 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 03:35 PM   #59
hottroc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekcs View Post
I'm not sure exactly what changes are needed for Kombi. I just added 6NW to FA in Esys and VO coded Kombi and MGU. This also activated Enhanced bluetooth which allowed for SMS dictation.
Mind if I ask what phone you have? I coded the 6NW to get Enhanced Bluetooth but I don't seem able to send a text message. When I try it says it's not supported by my phone (iPhone 11 Pro) which I'm sure is a lie.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 04:16 PM   #60
greekcs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

I have a Samsung Note 10 Plus.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 04:30 PM   #61
hottroc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have a Samsung Note 10 Plus.
Ah, perhaps it IS an iPhone problem then.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 11:14 PM   #62
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Are other people with the wireless charger having intermittent overheating during operation leading to pausing of charging. The blue indicator turns red until you remove the phone from the pad.
The more you are using things on your phone the hotter it gets. When using a prior wireless charging pad, if I used google maps + spotify + charged phone it would get pretty hot. Never turned off or anything, but it was surprisingly warm afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #63
possible335i2008
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When I put the card in the wireless charger it doesn't start the card activation process. Nothing happens at all.

I did notice that the wallet app on my iPhone no longer triggers the way it did in the NFC pad when
my iPhone is on it. But I was able to get my phone to somewhat react to the wireless pad if I open the wallet app first and then put it close to the wireless pad, my primary Apple Pay card will pop up. Either way, it doesn't look like the NFC card is working right now :-(
Were you able to get the nfc card working again?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 07:55 AM   #64
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nope. I need to refocus my efforts on it... but the NFC card just hasn't been a priority. But if BMW does introduce a digital key for iOS (as rumored) then I'll be concerned.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:02 AM   #65
possible335i2008
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nope. I need to refocus my efforts on it... but the NFC card just hasn't been a priority. But if BMW does introduce a digital key for iOS (as rumored) then I'll be concerned.
Yeah that's why I'm holding off on doing, let us know if you can get it to work
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #66
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep

I coded WCA to active and the reminder setting shows up in idrive, however whenever I left my phone in the charging tray as i turned off the car, it didn't warn me...so not sure if I did something wrong.
Appreciate 0