Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Megan Racing Supremo Axle Back Exhaust G20 330i

02-02-2021, 10:28 AM   #23
franky818
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 2010 , g20 2020

I deleted the res and can barely notice any difference . Was thinking about deleting the muffler next. I will wait to hear more videos from op . I don't mind spending 500-1500 for something good
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 08:27 PM   #24
Ghozthunter
Eleet Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: a bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleStefan View Post
https://shop.redline360.com/products...30085900140624

With the black tips. I'll try and take some sound clips once I get it installed.
Definitely post up some clips when you can please.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 12:34 PM   #25
SeattleStefan
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i X-Drive

So just had it installed and have only driven about 9 miles with it, but I’ll write some first impressions. I’ll try and find time in the next couple days to take a startup and rev video.

1) shipping for this is insanely fast. Like,2-3 days fast which was awesome.
2) install seemed fairly easy since it’s just replacing the stock muffler and pipes. Just cut, take out the old and fit the new one. 20-30 minute job
3) pipes look incredible. They’re large and stick out just a bit to give the rear some more character. My car is all black and I got the black tips and they look amazing. Worth it for this alone.
4) sound is somewhat subtle. I’m in real estate and my car is used for that so I don’t want anything super loud and this is pretty much perfect. It’s got this deeper bass tone to it which is nice for a 4 cylinder and it’s just loud enough to be enjoyable. The G20 has some insane sound insulation so there’s no drone and the sound doesn’t flood into the cabin unless you’re fully on it. I MAY go a step further and get a resonator delete but we’ll see. Especially as this system breaks in a bit.

So far, totally worth spending $500.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2021, 01:09 PM   #26
ruczko
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 330xi

Quote:
So just had it installed and have only driven about 9 miles with it, but I’ll write some first impressions. I’ll try and find time in the next couple days to take a startup and rev video.

2) install seemed fairly easy since it’s just replacing the stock muffler and pipes. Just cut, take out the old and fit the new one. 20-30 minute job
3) pipes look incredible. They’re large and stick out just a bit to give the rear some more character. My car is all black and I got the black tips and they look amazing. Worth it for this alone.
4) sound is somewhat subtle. I’m in real estate and my car is used for that so I don’t want anything super loud and this is pretty much perfect. It’s got this deeper bass tone to it which is nice for a 4 cylinder and it’s just loud enough to be enjoyable. The G20 has some insane sound insulation so there’s no drone and the sound doesn’t flood into the cabin unless you’re fully on it. I MAY go a step further and get a resonator delete but we’ll see. Especially as this system breaks in a bit.

Thanks for the update! Was your car an xdrive? No issue on that front? How are the pops/burbles?

Can't wait to see pics/hear it as well... post it!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 09:56 PM   #27
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

Quote:

Nice, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Can't wait for some sound bites and pictures.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 11:23 PM   #28
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:

Would love to see and hear it (and hear where you got it installed since I’m in PNW too).
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 11:18 PM   #29
R3MIX_G20
R3MIX
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Garage List
2020 BMW 330i  [0.00]
So I just did the same and installed the exhaust on Thursday. I figured it was cheap enough to try and see if I would be happy and I have to say that for the price I am more than satisfied with the purchase.

My main concern was that I would not cheap out the car by adding a raspy sounding exhaust and I will say that for my wants the sound is perfect. It's only a little louder than just leaving the valves open on the stock exhaust but I am OK with that as visually it's what my car needed.

Also here are the only two videos I have, not great but you get the idea:

https://youtu.be/RvWSj4E9xbU

https://youtu.be/PptpO9JM3z8

Last edited by R3MIX_G20; 02-07-2021 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 3
pneumodoc233.00
VipinLJ1941.50
Don76170.50
      02-08-2021, 11:44 PM   #30
TKC55
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i

I have the Megan racing supremo axle back exhaust with black tips installed on my car and feel like it is worth it being only around $500. I personally did not want to spend 2K on an exhaust and after pulling the trigger on this one, I can say that it suits my exhaust needs perfectly.

I've had it installed on my car for a while now. It gave the exhaust more of a deep tone. The exhaust does give you some cracks and pops when you get on it. I recently had the resonator deleted as I felt the exhaust sounded a bit restricted and have not experienced any drone.

I'll try posting some sound clips of my current setup when I can.

Currently have a catless downpipe, resonator delete and the Megan racing axleback.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 12:16 AM   #31
Ghozthunter
Eleet Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: a bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKC55 View Post
I have the Megan racing supremo axle back exhaust with black tips installed on my car and feel like it is worth it being only around $500. I personally did not want to spend 2K on an exhaust and after pulling the trigger on this one, I can say that it suits my exhaust needs perfectly.

I've had it installed on my car for a while now. It gave the exhaust more of a deep tone. The exhaust does give you some cracks and pops when you get on it. I recently had the resonator deleted as I felt the exhaust sounded a bit restricted and have not experienced any drone.

Currently have a catless downpipe, resonator delete and the Megan racing axleback.
What did you do about the CEL with the catless dp?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 12:24 AM   #32
TKC55
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghozthunter View Post
Quote:

What did you do about the CEL with the catless dp?
Prior to having the resonator deleted the CEL would come on every so often after spirited driving. I would clear the fault codes using a OBD2 reader.
After deleting the resonator, the CEL no longer comes on.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #33
TKC55
Rep

Sound clips
Cold start in sport

Mods:
Catless downpipe
Resonator delete
Megan racing axleback

Revs in sport (after driving)

Appreciate 1
njfoses288.00
      02-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #34
njfoses
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M850i, 22 X6 M50i

Quote:
Sound clips

I would encourage you to edit your post to state you also have a catless DP and resonator delete. Those additional mods will have an impact on the exhaust sound.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 07:05 PM   #35
TKC55
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
Quote:
Sound clips

I would encourage you to edit your post to state you also have a catless DP and resonator delete. Those additional mods will have an impact on the exhaust sound.
Thanks for the suggestion. I had the mods listed in the video description but I guess when I attached the YouTube links it doesn't show the description. Post updated.
Appreciate 1
njfoses288.00
      02-14-2021, 11:46 AM   #36
ruczko
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 330xi

SeattleStefan any updates with videos
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 11:53 PM   #37
Juny21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20LV View Post
So I just did the same and installed the exhaust on Thursday. I figured it was cheap enough to try and see if I would be happy and I have to say that for the price I am more than satisfied with the purchase.

My main concern was that I would not cheap out the car by adding a raspy sounding exhaust and I will say that for my wants the sound is perfect. It's only a little louder than just leaving the valves open on the stock exhaust but I am OK with that as visually it's what my car needed.

What exhaust tips you using I like how they stick out a little bit more
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #38
ignazio330chile
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20LV View Post

Hello, I am writing to you from Chile .. very far from Nevada ... you know I don't want to spend US $ 2,000 plus freight and taxes to have a better sound. Mp Exhaust ...
Therefore, I was seeing your post about Megan Racing and I would like to know how It has worked for you in quality and in accordance with that exhaust ..
I thank you very much because it is very difficult to import it to Chile and then it would not be good to be left with something unhappy to save .. your opinion is super valuable to make a purchase decision or hope to save for buy the MP.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 09:32 AM   #39
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignazio330chile View Post
Hello, I am writing to you from Chile .. very far from Nevada ... you know I don't want to spend US $ 2,000 plus freight and taxes to have a better sound. Mp Exhaust ...
Therefore, I was seeing your post about Megan Racing and I would like to know how It has worked for you in quality and in accordance with that exhaust ..
I thank you very much because it is very difficult to import it to Chile and then it would not be good to be left with something unhappy to save .. your opinion is super valuable to make a purchase decision or hope to save for buy the MP.
its great for the price, good quality with an okay sound.
Not the deepest tone on the market but still a noticeable improvement over stock

Let me know when you are ready to place an order, i can help out with international shipping

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 06:57 PM   #40
Ghxst
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G20 330i

Question

Thinking of doing res delete and the Megan axle-back exhaust.

How much drone and ride difference was there when you did the resonator delete? Only asking because I cannot take the drone. Also, does the check engine light pop up when you do the resonator delete?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 09:03 AM   #41
CanonEOS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i

What are you guys doing for resonator delete? I can't get a muffler shop to do anything! They all claim the flat muffler pipe is unusual for them.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 09:42 PM   #42
KoreanPapi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghxst View Post
Thinking of doing res delete and the Megan axle-back exhaust.

How much drone and ride difference was there when you did the resonator delete? Only asking because I cannot take the drone. Also, does the check engine light pop up when you do the resonator delete?
Hey Ghxst, I did get my resonator deleted on my 2019 BMW G20 330i for about a month and a half and did NOT have any CEL light pop up!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 10:02 AM   #43
CanonEOS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i

I ended up trading in my 2021 330i for a 2023 330i (Center Employee Lease), and I noticed that the 21 OEM exhaust sounds deeper than the 23...so I wonder if the Megan Racing will sound better by default lol
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2023, 10:53 PM   #44
Kerbouchard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i ZTR

Anyone else running the Megan exhaust? Perhaps with an AA Downpipe? Thanks!
Appreciate 0