Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Question on Custom Order M340i -- time from ordering to delivery?

02-09-2021, 04:06 PM   #23
ultrared93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 M340ix '93 300zxTT QX30

My 2021 M340ix was ordered on 11/4/20 with its production number assigned the next day (SLP build). I took delivery on 1/21/21.

On a slightly different topic, I think we are lucky that BMW has not been production limited (to my knowledge) by a lack of certain integrated circuits. Some manufacturers have had to cut back on production of some models or cut shifts for whole factories due to the shortage.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 02:25 PM   #24
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

any changes for the 2022 model?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #25
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchJR View Post
Lease pull ahead is shrouded in secrecy and clouded with misconception. Nothing appears on the BMW sites. Different dealers advertise different offers in different regions and for different models. My take: There may be periodic incentives to trade people into excess inventory or slow sellers. But when a dealer offers to waive remaining payments, he is more likely rolling those payments into your new lease and reducing discounts elsewhere to compensate. It is a great way to prey on our lust for new cars and propensity to make impulse decisions. (Not meant as a criticism. I am just as guilty and there is nothing wrong with paying for what one desires.
It shouldn't really be a secret - lease pull ahead is essentially a loyalty program. Why some dealers are hesitant in doing it is because of the maximum 4 payments to-be-covered, they have to take the hit on one. So depending on how your deal is structured, it's another cost they have to factor in on top of the large MSRP discount people love to discuss on here.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 06:27 PM   #26
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

I went to the dealer January 2 as my lease would be up end of March. Did the build for the M340i. Since I wanted Tanzanite Blue but it wasn't listed on the configurator after January 1. The Sales Advisor reached out to Germany January 7 and it was approved January 11. Car was completed in around the first week of February. Then with waiting for a transportation spot to get to the wharf in Germany that was a week. It then sat at the port waiting to be loaded on the boat was another 2 and a half weeks. Just found out this past Wednesday that is is now in transit to the US. Probably another 2-3 weeks before I get it.
__________________________________________________ _______________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
*On order 2021 M304i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0