Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum newbie here needing some advice

02-06-2021, 10:26 PM   #1
ranner66
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW g20 330i xDrive

newbie here needing some advice

100% newbie to the forum and this is my first BMW and first spanking new car

The order was put in right before Xmas last year and the car is built in San Luis Potosi. SA told me that it is scheduled to arrive at vehicle processing center on 2/9 (not sure where the VPC is). I am located in North Carolina.

Anyone knows approximately when I can take delivery of the car?

Anything I should do to prepare for the delivery? Is there a checklist of some sort that I can follow? For example, should I call BMW genius to ask whether the car is damaged during transit? Any other things I should know before going over to the dealership to sign paperwork?

Buying a custom built BMW from the factory is treading completely new territory for me. Any suggestion is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 05:43 AM   #2
KaptainKloss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 xDrive

VPC is always at the port of your car's final destination before delivery to the dealership. It's where they do last minute prep / add ons of any parts that were ordered. They will do a final inspection, check for damage. If there is damage, they will repair.

As far as tracking, there's really no point since your car is scheduled for delivery in two days. Just hang in there!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 01:30 AM   #3
ranner66
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW g20 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKloss View Post
VPC is always at the port of your car's final destination before delivery to the dealership. It's where they do last minute prep / add ons of any parts that were ordered. They will do a final inspection, check for damage. If there is damage, they will repair.

As far as tracking, there's really no point since your car is scheduled for delivery in two days. Just hang in there!
Thank you so much KaptainKloss!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 05:50 PM   #4
Beembar51
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1

VPC is in Brunswick, Georgia
Appreciate 0