Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum M340i Staggered setting order

02-15-2021, 11:21 AM   #1
bimmerNJ
Rep
Drives: M340i

M340i Staggered setting order

Hi, I'm a newbie just joined the forum.

I am interested in 2021 M340i and thinking of leasing one. One of options I am considering is staggered wheel setting (225 front, 255 rear).

In the builder from BMW US site, I can see:
19" M Double-spoke jet black wheels, style 791M with high-performance non run-flat tires and,
19" M Double-spoke cerium grey wheels, style 792M with high-performance non run-flat tires

Are these for staggered wheel setting options? the site does not show any tire size information for wheel options...

Also the dealer I am dealing with told me that staggered wheel setting is no longer available in MY21. Is it true? I am in central New Jersey area.

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
twssas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi, 2018 X5, 2014 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerNJ View Post

I am interested in 2021 M340i and thinking of leasing one. One of options I am considering is staggered wheel setting (225 front, 255 rear).

19" M Double-spoke jet black wheels, style 791M with high-performance non run-flat tires and,
19" M Double-spoke cerium grey wheels, style 792M with high-performance non run-flat tires

Are these for staggered wheel setting options? the site does not show any tire size information for wheel options...

Also the dealer I am dealing with told me that staggered wheel setting is no longer available in MY21. Is it true? I am in central New Jersey area.

Thanks for your help.
I just ordered last week a m340 Xdrive with 19" cerium grey 792M style wheels with high performance non run flat tires, which are indeed staggered. As far as I know the 791m with high performance non run flats are staggered as well.

My dealer did not say anything about staggered not being available. I have yet to get a production number, as they do not have an allocation, and are working with other dealers to do an allocation trade.

I am hoping your dealer is incorrect.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #3
bimmerNJ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twssas View Post
I just ordered last week a m340 Xdrive with 19" cerium grey 792M style wheels with high performance non run flat tires, which are indeed staggered. As far as I know the 791m with high performance non run flats are staggered as well.

My dealer did not say anything about staggered not being available. I have yet to get a production number, as they do not have an allocation, and are working with other dealers to do an allocation trade.

I am hoping your dealer is incorrect.
Thanks for fast response!!! 19" cerium grey 792M style wheels with high performance non run flat tires is what I want to go for too!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 11:51 AM   #4
50M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:

Thanks for your help.
Quote:

Thanks for your help.
On the configuration, any option with performance tires (ie not all season run flats) is staggered by default. You can verify by asking your dealer for an ordering or pricing guide.

The performance run flat which is staggered is cheaper than the performance non run flat (also staggered), which adds a $1500 option of the tire/cooling package. FYI. The performance run flats come in 791M (black) or 792M (cerium grey).

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
bimmerNJ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.b View Post
On the configuration, any option with performance tires (ie not all season run flats) is staggered by default. You can verify by asking your dealer for an ordering or pricing guide.

The performance run flat which is staggered is cheaper than the performance non run flat (also staggered), which adds a $1500 option of the tire/cooling package. FYI. The performance run flats come in 791M (black) or 792M (cerium grey).

Hope this helps.
This helps. So just to confirm, are you saying all high-performance or performance, regardless of non or run-flat comes in staggered setting?

4 options I could find in the configurator:
- 18" M DOUBLE-SPOKE BI-COLOR ORBIT GREY WHEELS, STYLE 790M WITH PERFORMANCE RUN-FLAT TIRES
- 19" M Double-spoke jet black wheels, style 791M with high-performance non run-flat tires
- 19" M DOUBLE-SPOKE CERIUM GREY WHEELS, STYLE 792M WITH HIGH-PERFORMANCE NON RUN-FLAT TIRES
- 19" M DOUBLE-SPOKE CERIUM GREY WHEELS STYLE 792M WITH PERFORMANCE RUN-FLAT TIRES

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #6
50M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Quote:

Hope this helps.
This helps. So just to confirm, are you saying all high-performance or performance, regardless of non or run-flat comes in staggered setting?

4 options I could find in the configurator:
- 18" M DOUBLE-SPOKE BI-COLOR ORBIT GREY WHEELS, STYLE 790M WITH PERFORMANCE RUN-FLAT TIRES
- 19" M Double-spoke jet black wheels, style 791M with high-performance non run-flat tires
- 19" M DOUBLE-SPOKE CERIUM GREY WHEELS, STYLE 792M WITH HIGH-PERFORMANCE NON RUN-FLAT TIRES
- 19" M DOUBLE-SPOKE CERIUM GREY WHEELS STYLE 792M WITH PERFORMANCE RUN-FLAT TIRES

Thanks!
Yup, exactly. All of them come with staggered. Rule of thumb is that if they're not all season run flat, they're staggered.

Even the 18" M 790M with performance run flat are staggered. For your peace of mind, you can see from the ordering guide - the tire sizes for the performance tire options.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
xlover2191.00
      02-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #7
bimmerNJ
Rep

Quote:
Yup, exactly. All of them come with staggered. Rule of thumb is that if they're not all season run flat, they're staggered.

Even the 18" M 790M with performance run flat are staggered. For your peace of mind, you can see from the ordering guide - the tire sizes for the performance tire options.
Thanks a lot! now I can order with confidence. I may have to change my dealer then. Can't work with sales person who doesn't know about product he is selling!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #8
twssas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi, 2018 X5, 2014 Z4

Quote:
Thanks for fast response!!! 19" cerium grey 792M style wheels with high performance non run flat tires is what I want to go for too!
Check out the ordering guide link.
Scroll down until you see 3 series.
FYI, I ordered the option coded 1PV. That is a $600 option for the 19"cerium grey 792M, with high performance non run flats, which will be the Michelin PS 4. You have to get a spare with this option for $150, and will lose a bit of your trunk space (in case that matters to you)

https://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfo...ing_Guides.pdf
Appreciate 1