Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 330i m sport door noise

04-30-2024, 12:29 AM   #1
vtectovanos
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330

***Edited to add video of sound

Recently I noticed my sunroof and drivers door creaking every time I pulled out of my driveway. Finally took it into the dealership. After 3 whole weeks they were able to fix the sunroof creak and “improve” the door creak but it’s still noticeable when on calls or when no music is on. My SA states there are no more bulletins for my car so there are no other options to repair. I requested a drive with the shop foreman. Still waiting to get that scheduled. The shop put felt along the top of my doors and looks like they added some clear tape along the body where there felt meets the door.

The creak is intermittent. I don’t notice it on hard bumps but rolling over consecutive small bumps or rumble strips/broken pavement is what cause the creak.

To remedy the problem myself I cleaned all the rubber seals after washing the car this weekend. And I lowered the tire pressure a bit to soften the ride ( dealership always re inflares tires to spec). Both seemed to help a bit. The creak sounds like the door is moving up and down on the frame or the glass is loose in its track. I’ve been pushing and squeezing body parts and noticed the black trim around the door is creaky. But when I squeezed this area inside the door by the glass I got the sound down to a 1/10 from 5/10. Any suggestions on what to do next?

2021 330 msport

creaking video
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 12:25 PM   #2
SnowBob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M-Sport

I've had the same issue with 12/2020 build date G20 330i M-sport. Pressing that same section that you show in your photo also made the noise but if you remove it you see there is nothing there by the metal door. I think this noise has something to do with the window seal. I noticed that if I just crack the window and pull it back up then the noise stops.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 12:20 AM   #3
vtectovanos
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBob View Post
I've had the same issue with 12/2020 build date G20 330i M-sport. Pressing that same section that you show in your photo also made the noise but if you remove it you see there is nothing there by the metal door. I think this noise has something to do with the window seal. I noticed that if I just crack the window and pull it back up then the noise stops.
Thanks man. I’ll play with the window and see what kinds of results I get. Did that fix it for you permanently?
Appreciate 0