BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires Why didn’t I get a staggered setup

09-05-2023, 11:11 AM   #1
Rzundel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i, 330i, 430i conv

Why didn’t I get a staggered setup

I need some help. I just took delivery of my new 2024 430i convertible yesterday. I ordered about 3 months ago. I ordered the m sport option with the black 19” wheels. I thought I ordered performance tires but came delivered with all season run flat. What I’m concerned with is that I thought I was getting a staggered setup but instead received a square set up. I was told by the dealership that the only way I could have received a staggered setup was by ordering adaptive driving option with high performance tires. Is this true? I’m pretty bummed and don’t know what my options are now. The rear tire set up looks too skinny for my liking.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 10:49 AM   #2
g20exaudinoob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21' M340i sDrive

AFAIK the staggered setup is only available on RWD models only
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 11:54 AM   #3
Dan B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

You get the staggered setup with the Cooling and High Performance Tire Package. I have it on my M440i xDrive so it is also available for xDrive models.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 01:35 PM   #4
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i

I thought the staggered setup was only if you ordered M-sport with the performance tire option. Otherwise even if you choose the bigger all black wheels and spec it out with all-season tires, then you'll get the square setup.

I believe there's also a speed limiter associated with A/S tires at 130 mph and with performance tires the speed limiter is set to 155 mph.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 01:53 PM   #5
g20exaudinoob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21' M340i sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundeyvoo View Post
I thought the staggered setup was only if you ordered M-sport with the performance tire option. Otherwise even if you choose the bigger all black wheels and spec it out with all-season tires, then you'll get the square setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
You get the staggered setup with the Cooling and High Performance Tire Package. I have it on my M440i xDrive so it is also available for xDrive models.
Not the case with my M340i. I have the RWD without the cooling and high-performance package and have a stock staggered setup.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 03:25 PM   #6
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20exaudinoob View Post
Not the case with my M340i. I have the RWD without the cooling and high-performance package and have a stock staggered setup.
Right... but the high performance package comes with the performance tire option to begin with. I believe as long as you get the high performance tire option, you would get you the staggered setup as part of your spec.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 05:10 PM   #7
Rzundel
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Right... but the high performance package comes with the performance tire option to begin with. I believe as long as you get the high performance tire option, you would get you the staggered setup as part of your spec.

This is true. Disappointed to learn this after ordering my car and no one advising me of this. I even orders the performance tires and the dealership put on all season on the build sheet not knowing it would result is a square set up. I brought this to their attention when I saw my car for the first time. Disappointed that there was nothing they could do. I ended up having to spend about $5k to order me new wheels and tires that I’m not happy about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 06:16 PM   #8
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzundel View Post
This is true. Disappointed to learn this after ordering my car and no one advising me of this. I even orders the performance tires and the dealership put on all season on the build sheet not knowing it would result is a square set up. I brought this to their attention when I saw my car for the first time. Disappointed that there was nothing they could do. I ended up having to spend about $5k to order me new wheels and tires that I’m not happy about it.
Oh no ... sorry to hear that. Often times the dealership are clueless on these things and you have to be on top of them when ordering. Look at the bright side -- you'll get some nice aftermarket wheels and since the wheels you bought are next to brand new, then you'll have no problem selling them

Which wheels and tires did you end up buying?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 11:02 PM   #9
Rzundel
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Oh no ... sorry to hear that. Often times the dealership are clueless on these things and you have to be on top of them when ordering. Look at the bright side -- you'll get some nice aftermarket wheels and since the wheels you bought are next to brand new, then you'll have no problem selling them

Which wheels and tires did you end up buying?
Yes the glass half full is that I got to spend another $5k for HRE wheels and Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 tires. It looks amazing. Just had installed today.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 01:49 PM   #10
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzundel View Post
Yes the glass half full is that I got to spend another $5k for HRE wheels and Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 tires. It looks amazing. Just had installed today.
Very nice! Post pics when you can!

I'm pretty sure you can sell your next to new OEM wheels for a good chunk to help offset the costs for the HRE's along with the Contis.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 09:33 PM   #11
Dan B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20exaudinoob View Post
I was stating it is available on xDrive cars on not just RWD in response to this statement "AFAIK the staggered setup is only available on RWD models only".
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 11:25 PM   #12
I800C0LLECT
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Not sure if this helps but I picked the 792M wheels and received staggered setup with run flat tires. They came with the Bridgestone Turanza
Appreciate 0