Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Pre LCI vs LCI M340i questions

03-22-2024, 12:35 AM   #133
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330d Xdrive

toddwalton, as I wrote above - you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. Just stop pushin' it on us every time someone mentions he/she likes better physical buttons than touch, or 6-cyllinder engines than 4 pots, or thinks 4-series front is ugly. Those people are also perfectly entitled to their opinions...especially where subjective judgement is a king and there are no objective metrics.
Appreciate 1
jg4c361.00
      03-23-2024, 11:05 PM   #134
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
toddwalton, as I wrote above - you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. Just stop pushin' it on us every time someone mentions he/she likes better physical buttons than touch, or 6-cyllinder engines than 4 pots, or thinks 4-series front is ugly. Those people are also perfectly entitled to their opinions...especially where subjective judgement is a king and there are no objective metrics.
You’re kidding, right? Way too frequently, others are pushing down on iDrive 8, the 30i engine, and the 4 Series nose and someone needs to be allowed to push back, no?

I wish there were more subjectivity on these three points. This forum lacks them almost entirely. And when someone decides to challenge the narrative you want him silenced? No thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 12:53 AM   #135
jg4c
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
You’re kidding, right? Way too frequently, others are pushing down on iDrive 8, the 30i engine, and the 4 Series nose and someone needs to be allowed to push back, no?

I wish there were more subjectivity on these three points. This forum lacks them almost entirely. And when someone decides to challenge the narrative you want him silenced? No thanks.
You’re on the wrong forum.
You’re looking for the emotional support forum,
where every member worships, and agrees about
all the things you love about your car, and BMW
in general.

Which is odd, because you are great at talking
shit, and denigrating what you don’t like about
others cars.

Personally, I could care less what anyone dislikes
about my model BMW. And, you’ve pissed on the
3 series plenty. No one has ever silenced you.

I suggest you try having thicker skin and more
objectivity. FFS, it’s just a car forum.

And, BTW, I’ve enjoyed, and learned much
from, many of your posts that are detailed
and informative. Stick to those please.
Appreciate 2