Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals G20 in Portimao Blue with M Performance Parts (Carbon)

06-18-2019, 12:56 AM   #45
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring0r View Post
Thanks to all

Calamari

The license plates are attached with simple Velcro tape

JasonSlyh

The X4 is equipped with AC Schnitzer Parts, these can be ordered from the local BMW dealer (in Germany).

Adris

A few Lexus fans are probably there

MarcelM1

Danke

Blubaron79

I decided for the black leather, I will submit pictures soon

Sedan_Clan

So you can really say anything but I see no resemblance at all, I'm not a Lexus fan at all so if the G20 had looked almost like a Lexus it would not have been ordered. Show me a good-looking Lexus * laugh *

spuntyb

The M-Performance brake system is definitely too expensive for me But I would like to have it, maybe in the future
I think the IS is a great looking car actually, so saying that the G has similar styling cues (...which is pretty obvious to most who aren't emotionally invested in the car) isn't a pejorative statement. It's just an observation. We are just used to BMW's having a look unlike other cars. The G Series doesn't do a good job of differentiating itself in my opinion.
Appreciate 1
sq86363.00
      06-18-2019, 02:38 AM   #46
glukhanko
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Awesome choice, looks awesome (personally, I would prefer silver colour for the wheels)! I know its a 3-er forum, but can you please share some info on the X4 and the mods done to it? Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:32 AM   #47
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Thanks to all

Calamari

JasonSlyh

The X4 is equipped with AC Schnitzer Parts, these can be ordered from the local BMW dealer (in Germany).

Adris

MarcelM1

Danke

Blubaron79

Sedan_Clan

So you can really say anything but I see no resemblance at all, I'm not a Lexus fan at all so if the G20 had looked almost like a Lexus it would not have been ordered. Show me a good-looking Lexus * laugh *

spuntyb

The M-Performance brake system is definitely too expensive for me But I would like to have it, maybe in the future
I think the IS is a great looking car actually, so saying that the G has similar styling cues (...which is pretty obvious to most who aren't emotionally invested in the car) isn't a pejorative statement. It's just an observation. We are just used to BMW's having a look unlike other cars. The G Series doesn't do a good job of differentiating itself in my opinion.
Interesting how you make statements like "which is pretty obvious to most who aren't emotionally invested", as if your own truth is somehow immediately more "true" than anyone else's. Happy for you to continue to think that, but if you don't mind, I will go with the opinion I have formed based on what my own eyes are seeing.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:34 AM   #48
LeMans E90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Le Mans E90

Nice

Great looking car, OP!

I wonder how long the "Looks like an IS" comments will descend upon EVERY G20 thread on Bimmerpost. We get it already, jeez.
      06-18-2019, 06:40 AM   #49
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Sorry not a fan of the model but stunning colour, congratulations!

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #50
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Looks great! the rear of the G20 is actually my favorite part of the car Portimao blue looks awesome, especially with the contrasting carbon bits and wheels.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 07:47 AM   #51
2JPW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435I M SPORT

Very nice. Tasteful M Performance additions.
Stunning car there
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #52
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks to all

Calamari

JasonSlyh

Adris

MarcelM1

Danke

Blubaron79

Sedan_Clan

spuntyb

Interesting how you make statements like "which is pretty obvious to most who aren't emotionally invested", as if your own truth is somehow immediately more "true" than anyone else's. Happy for you to continue to think that, but if you don't mind, I will go with the opinion I have formed based on what my own eyes are seeing.
...and you should.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #53
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Is it just me or do you G20 folks post more pics of the car's rear than the front?!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #54
///M2_MA
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 / E85 Z4 3.0si

Looking great! Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 01:03 PM   #55
The English Guy
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: F80 MW M3 / Cohiba

Nice video until the drone hit the building lol
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #56
itsTwigs
Vroomthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3/21 Toyota Tacoma OR

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2021 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
It finally happened... I'm finally very excited about the new M3/M4 after seeing this beauty. My wallet is not however.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 07:49 PM   #57
yayaya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi E92 N55

Badass haven't liked a lot of what I've seen of the G series, your ride is a great exception.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #58
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adris View Post
best looking BMW since e46 , also glad all Lexus fans disappeared from bimmerpost
Lol definitely not but it's all in the eye of the beholder. Looks pretty similar to me.....

Congrats to the OP on the new car. I hope you enjoy it.
+1. It makes me laugh when people suggest that the G-Series and the IS look dissimilar.
What are you guys smoking to create these visual hallucinations? Look at the pics sq86 posted. Not a single similarity other than the color, which is actually not similar either since OP's pics are photoshopped or have the color tinted for some reason. Portimao blue does not look like this in real life.

The outline of the tail lights, the internal bulb design of the tail lights, the side profile and character lines, the exhaust, the lip spoiler, etc. are all completely different!! Again, what are you tripping on and why are you guys totally stuck on the whole Lexus thing? It's beyond old at this point. If you're going to mock the design, at least point out some objective evidence to back up your claim. Otherwise, just making generic comments and posting pics that basically contradict your statements just makes you look like a bunch of butthurt Lexus fanboys.
      06-18-2019, 09:21 PM   #59
Triniti X4 M40i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X4 M40i

Quote:
I'm so happy with my new car

Why can't black wheels just die already!?!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:07 PM   #60
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
best looking BMW since e46 , also glad all Lexus fans disappeared from bimmerpost
Lol definitely not but it's all in the eye of the beholder. Looks pretty similar to me.....

+1. It makes me laugh when people suggest that the G-Series and the IS look dissimilar.
What are you guys smoking to create these visual hallucinations? Look at the pics sq86 posted. Not a single similarity other than the color, which is actually not similar either since OP's pics are photoshopped or have the color tinted for some reason. Portimao blue does not look like this in real life.

The outline of the tail lights, the internal bulb design of the tail lights, the side profile and character lines, the exhaust, the lip spoiler, etc. are all completely different!! Again, what are you tripping on and why are you guys totally stuck on the whole Lexus thing? It's beyond old at this point. If you're going to mock the design, at least point out some objective evidence to back up your claim. Otherwise, just making generic comments and posting pics that basically contradict your statements just makes you look like a bunch of butthurt Lexus fanboys.
The scientific and mathematical proof was done on this topic: The average 25 year old female (or 28 year old male not a car guy) could not tell the Lexus and the G20 apart. (Random , double blind sampling was used)

But hey it's still a good looking car and what's not to like about a new BMW 3er besides the lease payment. The blue color is a winner.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24814.00
sq86363.00
GGG333603.50
      06-18-2019, 10:55 PM   #61
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So defensive. I have sedatives for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 11:10 PM   #62
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Not so much defensive as I am tired of reading the comments. I do not own a 3-series and don't ever plan to (unless BMW gets wise and brings the Touring here), so I have no skin in the game. Just hate stupid, unfounded comments and had to call some of you out for it. I do feel better now. How about those sedatives...
      06-18-2019, 11:39 PM   #63
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Beautiful car. I had 2 E90s and 1 F30. Love this 3 series. Best looking since the E90. I hate the new 5 Series because they look just like the F30.
And no it doesnt look anything like a Lexus(Toyota)
      06-19-2019, 12:06 AM   #64
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not so much defensive as I am tired of reading the comments. I do not own a 3-series and don't ever plan to (unless BMW gets wise and brings the Touring here), so I have no skin in the game. Just hate stupid, unfounded comments and had to call some of you out for it. I do feel better now. How about those sedatives...
It's a forum full of thousands of members with thousands of opinions. If you can't agree to disagree, or appreciate that not everybody shares the same subjective opinions, then maybe forums aren't the place for your SJW-like sensibilities. I have plenty of skin in the game being a long time BMW driver. I'm entitled to criticize just as much as the next man or woman. I love you!
Appreciate 1
sq86363.00
      06-19-2019, 06:32 AM   #65
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a forum full of thousands of members with thousands of opinions. If you can't agree to disagree, or appreciate that not everybody shares the same subjective opinions, then maybe forums aren't the place for your SJW-like sensibilities. I have plenty of skin in the game being a long time BMW driver. I'm entitled to criticize just as much as the next man or woman. I love you!
You absolutely are entitled to criticize as you wish, but you frequently do so in a condescending manner, as if anyone who doesn't share your perspective has an invalid opinion or must be some kind of idiot. That is just not necessary. Just make your comments and leave the attitude out of them.
Appreciate 1
BimmerFix1356.50
      06-19-2019, 08:44 AM   #66
Joro2819
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
You absolutely are entitled to criticize as you wish, but you frequently do so in a condescending manner, as if anyone who doesn't share your perspective has an invalid opinion or must be some kind of idiot. That is just not necessary. Just make your comments and leave the attitude out of them.
Agree, it's one thing to have a objective critique but to trash someone's vehicle is just wrong.Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I wonder if they would say it in person.
Appreciate 1
BimmerFix1356.50