Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Ordering a 330e pulling my hair out. What's your view

03-03-2021, 01:27 PM   #1
billyboym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D

Ordering a 330e pulling my hair out. What's your view

Hi all, I have been trying to order a 330e through a lease company for work. I have obviously got a budget which I need to stick to.

So I want a 330 e msport with the following

Msport plus package
Tech package
Comfort package

Now all 3 packs are tipping the scale over my limit. So unless I can twist someone's arm in HR I need to lose a pack.

So here are my thoughts for wanting each. Please let me know what your opinions are and what are the must haves and what are the gimmicks.

M sport plus package

Im presuming the e comes with the blue brakes with MSport?
I want the sun protection obviously
Shadow line lights? Is this a must?
M adaptive suspension - now I understand the ride height is standard on the e. However is a standard e softer or the same as an MSport?

So is the standard damper setup on the e like an se or MSport
So my question is with variable suspension is the harder setting like MSport or is it even harder?

MSport spoiler - yes please but is this available seperate ?

MSport seat belts- not too bothered

Variable sport steering - is this needed?

So from this pack I would really want the spoiler and sun windows.

Do you get different wheels between m sport and n sport pro?

Tech package .

I would definitely want the Hk and probably the better Bluetooth .
HUD- I like the idea I think but not too fussed
Gesture control - gimmick?
Would I be better just specifying HK and Bluetooth?

Comfort- very much a nicety but I would like to keep it

What's your thoughts

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
Axeman15
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

I was pretty much in the same position as you and chose to drop the comfort pack. I wanted HK but wasn’t fussed about HUD. Now I love HUD and wouldn’t be without it. It’s great for scrolling through phone calls, music tracks and navigation of course.

So glad I went down this path.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboym3 View Post
Hi all, I have been trying to order a 330e through a lease company for work. I have obviously got a budget which I need to stick to.

Msport plus package
Tech package
Comfort package

Now all 3 packs are tipping the scale over my limit. So unless I can twist someone's arm in HR I need to lose a pack.

So here are my thoughts for wanting each. Please let me know what your opinions are and what are the must haves and what are the gimmicks.

M sport plus package

M adaptive suspension - now I understand the ride height is standard on the e. However is a standard e softer or the same as an MSport?

So my question is with variable suspension is the harder setting like MSport or is it even harder?

Tech package .

What's your thoughts

Thank you
I ordered mine in December 2019 and the packs were assembled a little different and cheaper back then 👍🏻

I have all three you have mentioned and some other separate items.

M Sport Plus is a no brainer. You will regret not having the wheels and grille (unless you can mod the car for the lease period which might not fly uplifting to 19"). It included the sunroof when I ordered mine.

Premium (now Comfort) was a must for us, just because me and the wife use the memory seats constantly. It didn't include the comfort access when I ordered mine.

Technology Pack was the one I kind of talked myself into after test driving a fully kitted X5 M Sport Plus 45e with every extra. TBH, the gesture control is switched off as I am left handed and it goes on mute or rewinds the track on Spotify every time I move my arm :. HUD is a nice to have. HK again is nice to have.

Mine is Metallic Sapphire Black so that's another extra.

Have you priced up an M Sport Pro Edition, individual paint and the Sport Pro wheels (Jet Black instead of Bicolour), blue brake callipers, the black grille and black mirrors. It worked out cheaper than having metallic paint and M Sport Plus when I was specifying mine.

Think I would sack the Technology Pack if the Pro Edition doesn't get the figures to work 🤔

It's a bloody nightmare when you have to leave something behind, but I would definitely sacrifice technology over looks
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 01:59 PM   #4
billyboym3
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks Axeman

I think the HUD does sound good and it probably does more than I realise .

I was wondering if it needs other packs to get the maximum use of it.

Comfort definitely seems to be the one to lose if I have to .

As I can't have the pro edition and the Dravit I am looking at white so the MSport pro is a must I think
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 02:09 PM   #5
billyboym3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelark View Post
Quote:

Msport plus package
Tech package
Comfort package

M sport plus package

Tech package .

What's your thoughts

Thank you
I ordered mine in December 2019 and the packs were assembled a little different and cheaper back then 👍🏻

M Sport Plus is a no brainer. You will regret not having the wheels and grille (unless you can mod the car for the lease period which might not fly uplifting to 19"). It included the sunroof when I ordered mine.

Comfort was a must for us, just because me and the wife use the memory seats constantly. It didn't include the comfort access when I ordered mine.

Technology Pack was the one I kind of talked myself into after test driving a fully kitted X5 M Sport Plus 45e with every extra. TBH, the gesture control is switched off as I am left handed and it goes on mute or rewinds the track on Spotify every time I move my arm :. HUD is a nice to have. HK again is nice to have.

Have you priced up an M Sport Pro Edition, individual paint and the Sport Pro wheels (Jet Black instead of Bicolour), blue brake callipers, the black grille and black mirrors. It worked out cheaper than having metallic paint and M Sport Plus when I was specifying mine.

Think I would sack the Technology Pack if the Pro Edition doesn't get the figures to work 🤔

It's a bloody nightmare when you have to leave something behind, but I would definitely sacrifice technology over looks
Quote:
Originally Posted by seelark View Post
Quote:

Msport plus package
Tech package
Comfort package

M sport plus package

Tech package .

What's your thoughts

Thank you

Comfort was a must for us, just because me and the wife use the memory seats constantly. It didn't include the comfort access when I ordered mine.

Aaagh see what I mean haha.
The electric seats, I think is the comfort plus pack now isn't it? I can't believe a 45k car hasn't got power seats.

The pro edition works out 2.5k dearer at the min for a similar car.

I think the pro plus is a must I agree
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 02:20 PM   #6
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

If you don't share the car with someone, then I'd definitely drop Comfort Pack. My wife and I share the car so was constantly faffing about with the old car moving seats back and forth, and was extra annoying as some of the manual controls were near the centre console, so had to lean right in.
So Comfort Plus was a must for us.

Most of the other stuff in the pack though I could live without.

The packs are cleverly worked out to offer one or two "must haves" in each, so you end up considering buying them all.
      03-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #7
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Volvo

I couldnt stretch to the M sport plus. So i chose the comfort pack, lumbar, HK audio, Wireless and parking plus.

In the ideal world you would have everything, but at the end of the day, if its a company car, youve got nothing to gain by going mad on options, so its best to prioritise. For me the HUD and gesture control were a bit gimmicky. I decided to swap out the grill and add the spoiler myself. Im also getting a bit old (43 lol) so the big wheels and the harsher ride were not really appealing to me, plus its much much easier to kerb bigger wheels

Im happy with the HK audio, and the wireless charging is a plus. Im loving the comfort pack, i will never have a car without keyless ever again. Heated steering wheel is a bonus. I also wanted a metallic colour, so that was another paid option

Were the car a 330i or the 340, then yes the adaptive suspension would be importnat, but on a mile munching chariot, its a bit of an expensive waste.

Edit, i cant believe its 1950 for the comfort plus pack, come on BMW thats proper taking the michael!
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2021, 03:55 PM   #8
Jasperistops
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e m sport

I dropped the pro pack and opted to spec m sport and just buy a black grille, and specced a sunroof and electric seats instead. Had a tester and the 19" wheels compared to the 18 were a little harsh for me. Had adaptive in my Audi and never used it so that didn't bother me either, the rest of the plus pack isn't really worth the £2,000+ they are asking. Comfort pack was a must purely for the gimmicks. Wish I'd specced HK tho.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 04:08 PM   #9
a.summers86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 MSport Pro

I’ve got all the packs you have mentioned and personably I’d loose the comfort pack if I had to pick one to ditch.

You’ll regret not having the looks and adaptive suspension on the plus pack I think. Makes a huge difference to the looks of the vs a normal msport I think. Not a fan of the standard 18’s on the standard msport (I get taste is subjective though).

Tech pack - HK audio is an improvement over standard. Worth it just for the improved visual look and the door tweeters not just been plastic infills. HUD is useful too especially when using nav or switching tracks on Spotify etc.

Just to add - the standard msport doesn’t have the blue msport brakes. This is only on the pro package. Again, visually looks a lot better than standard set up.

Last edited by a.summers86; 03-03-2021 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Forgot something...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 04:14 PM   #10
james d
DOME
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340

HUD and Harman Kardon were my must haves which meant Tech and Comfort packs on my M340 as they couldn’t be specced separately. Heated steering wheel and Comfort access are nice in those packs but quite a few gimmicks I could do without-gesture control, WiFi prep, wireless charging etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 04:19 PM   #11
Jasperistops
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e m sport

I think all the differences of opinion on here goes to show that it is entirely personal opinion and what is important to you
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 04:20 PM   #12
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.summers86 View Post
I've got all the packs you have mentioned and personably I'd loose the comfort pack if I had to pick one to ditch.

You'll regret not having the looks and adaptive suspension on the plus pack I think. Makes a huge difference to the looks of the vs a normal msport I think. Not a fan of the standard 18's on the standard msport (I get taste is subjective though).

Tech pack - HK audio is an improvement over standard. Worth it just for the improved visual look and the door tweeters not just been plastic infills. HUD is useful too especially when using nav or switching tracks on Spotify etc.

Just to add - the standard msport doesn't have the blue msport brakes. This is only on the pro package. Again, visually looks a lot better than standard set up.
Yorkshire lads aren't as tight as our reputation suggests
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #13
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Can you haggle the price? I got the two plus packs plus the visibility pack effectively free, just paying the base cost of the car.

Admittedly it took several attempts, and me walking away a couple of times, but we got there in the end.

It was a cash sale rather than a lease.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 02:33 AM   #14
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M Sport

I've got a bog-standard 330e M Sport in Mineral Grey, apart from it had SPG as an option. Couldn't find a lease deal for a Plus car when I ordered in March 2020 and found a stock car so got it delivered in early June. If you haven't had all the bells and whistles, you don't miss anything. The M Sport is well equipped as standard to be fair.

I do occasionally miss adaptive cruise as my previous GTIs both had this but have not used the car as much as expected on many long runs so it's not a big deal and everything else is just nice to have but nothing is essential which is why they are called options.

Gone: '18 Golf GTI Performance DSG in Tungsten

Last edited by Jim_330e; 03-04-2021 at 04:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 04:03 AM   #15
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

I chose the Tech plus pack and ditched comfort when specing mine.

HK, HUD and 365 cameras/drive assistance is in my opinion more useful than anything in the comfort pack.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 05:40 AM   #16
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

Same boat when I ordered mine

I dropped the Comfort pack as it was above my limit.. so kept Tech and Pro packs. Apart from looking cooler the adaptive damping is a must for me on 19" and my roads... I have it on my G30 and it's huge difference over standard suspension. It's not harder as you suggest, it soaks up the bumps and stabilises the car better....

I also like the HK radio because I love my music good and loud, and thought a HUD would be practical (never had that)

I added Parking Assistant Plus (so my wife can drive it and be a bit more confident with extra cameras) and Another essential which I added was Lumbar Support - I missed it in my F10 and G30 and back hurts on long drive....

Lastly, make sure you get Extended Storage Pack !! should be standard but isn't.... or you lose out on little side cubby hole by Driver side and storage nets behind seats and rear USB ports etc and 12v in boot.

I will miss the memory seats but I think I will survive that... as wife rarely drives the car (only after parties if you know what I mean)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:18 AM   #17
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Extended storage is a good call although you get the 12v in the boot without, at least, you do on the touring.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:21 AM   #18
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
Same boat when I ordered mine

I dropped the Comfort pack as it was above my limit.. so kept Tech and Pro packs. Apart from looking cooler the adaptive damping is a must for me on 19" and my roads... I have it on my G30 and it's huge difference over standard suspension. It's not harder as you suggest, it soaks up the bumps and stabilises the car better....

I also like the HK radio because I love my music good and loud, and thought a HUD would be practical (never had that)

I added Parking Assistant Plus (so my wife can drive it and be a bit more confident with extra cameras) and Another essential which I added was Lumbar Support - I missed it in my F10 and G30 and back hurts on long drive....

Lastly, make sure you get Extended Storage Pack !! should be standard but isn't.... or you lose out on little side cubby hole by Driver side and storage nets behind seats and rear USB ports etc and 12v in boot.

I will miss the memory seats but I think I will survive that... as wife rarely drives the car (only after parties if you know what I mean)
I can't see any mention of 12V in boot on the touring with the following:

ADDITIONAL STORAGE COMPARTMENT
£190
The additional storage compartment includes a range of convenient storage solutions to make your journey even more comfortable. It includes a folding compartment on the driver's side of the instrument panel, nets on the back of the front seat backrests as well as two USB ports with charging function in the rear centre console. There is also a framed storage net (left and right), 12V socket on the right with folding cover and multi-function hooks in the luggage compartment.

The net and hook are absent on the right hand side of the luggage compartment for the 330e model.

Available as a single option and as part of the Comfort and Comfort Plus Pack.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:34 AM   #19
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemeh View Post
There is also a framed storage net (left and right), 12V socket on the right with folding cover and multi-function hooks in the luggage compartment.

The net and hook are absent on the right hand side of the luggage compartment for the 330e model.
Think that would be more accurate if it said "The luggage compartment is absent for the 330e model".

My 330e is as described there. Definately a socket in the boot on the right. Assume the touring would have been the same.
      03-04-2021, 06:45 AM   #20
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemeh View Post
I can't see any mention of 12V in boot on the touring with the following:

ADDITIONAL STORAGE COMPARTMENT
£190
...12V socket on the right with folding cover and multi-function hooks in the luggage compartment.

The way I read that is the the 12V is available, but net and hook are not ?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:49 AM   #21
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Extended storage is a good call although you get the 12v in the boot without, at least, you do on the touring.

Did you get the Comfort Pack ? I see it is part of that
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:59 AM   #22
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
Did you get the Comfort Pack ? I see it is part of that
No I didn't but there is a hook, net and 12v power point. Mine is a 330i if that makes a difference.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0