06-20-2021, 03:23 PM   #1
B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Question Code Driver Assistant Package

Making my first post here on Bimmerpost. I'm very close to picking up a CPO 2020 M340i xDrive from out of state and just noticed that the Driver Assistance Package (DAP) is not optioned on the car. However, the car has the Executive Package (EP) with Parking Assistant Plus including the 360 surround cameras. I was hoping that I could simply purchase, code, or otherwise activate the features. I understand the Driving Assistant Pro is a different package for which the car does not have the front sensor. I have not driven the car to know if the car has the option as included with the EP, so I'm a bit blind at the moment.

I don't know exactly what I'm missing out on when it comes to the DAP. Does that mean I don't have any driving lane or blind spot monitors? It seems odd to have all of these sensors but not have the functionality. Can someone help me with this?

I tried to use the "Build Your Own" on BMW's website and spec the car like the one I'm looking at. It looks like you can't have the EP without the DAP. If I deselect the DAP, it forces me to remove the EP. This may be the case with the 21s, but this car was built in early 2019.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 07:52 AM   #2
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58-M340iX View Post
Making my first post here on Bimmerpost. I'm very close to picking up a CPO 2020 M340i xDrive from out of state and just noticed that the Driver Assistance Package (DAP) is not optioned on the car. However, the car has the Executive Package (EP) with Parking Assistant Plus including the 360 surround cameras. I was hoping that I could simply purchase, code, or otherwise activate the features. I understand the Driving Assistant Pro is a different package for which the car does not have the front sensor. I have not driven the car to know if the car has the option as included with the EP, so I'm a bit blind at the moment.

I don't know exactly what I'm missing out on when it comes to the DAP. Does that mean I don't have any driving lane or blind spot monitors? It seems odd to have all of these sensors but not have the functionality. Can someone help me with this?

I tried to use the "Build Your Own" on BMW's website and spec the car like the one I'm looking at. It looks like you can't have the EP without the DAP. If I deselect the DAP, it forces me to remove the EP. This may be the case with the 21s, but this car was built in early 2019.
Welcome to the forum. Suggest you get the vehicle VIN and use one of the VIN Decoders (https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1303748 ) to determine how the vehicle is configured.