Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums CANADA Dashcam Installation Locations - GTA

04-05-2022, 10:32 PM   #1
TheMandalorian
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Dashcam Installation Locations - GTA

Anyone with a 2020+ BMW here have their dashcam installed in the GTA?

While I await delivery for my vehicle I am trying to plan everything out.

I called Budds BMW and they told me they could install a 3rd party dashcam. I also know about Lockdown Security in Markham.

I'm thinking Blackvue/Thinkware with a battery pack to avoid battery drain. Speaking of this anyone with any of these dashcams and the battery pack run into these issues?

If i go for a cheaper dashcam with no parking mode I will probably get the garmin mini 2 and try to hide the wires to install it in the 12v port in the front

Thanks everyone
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #2
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

Just upgraded to the Blackvue DCH900X+ dashcam with external battery pack works well. Simple install, there are instructions or you can get 3rd party to hardwire to the fuse panel as well if you are not confident with DIY.

Last edited by WXdrivefun; 04-08-2022 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 09:40 PM   #3
TheMandalorian
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXdrivefun View Post
Just upgraded to the Blackvue DCH900X+ dashcam with external batter pack works well. Simple install, there are instructions or you can get 3rd party to hardwire to the fuse panel as well if you are not confident with DIY.
Hey thats awesome dude! How long have you had it? and any problems?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 05:52 AM   #4
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

Upgraded from the older Blackvue DR750S-2CH, the new one works well so far with the 4k recording. I had it for a few weeks works well and is much faster than previous models.

One thing also to think about is if you do decide with Blackvue is to consider the BlackVue Tamper-Proof Case. Many cases when going to dealership for service or they tend to unplug the dashcamera. They may take cars for joy riding or damage vehicle without letting you know etc, then you have proof, personal insurance.
Appreciate 0