Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

03-25-2024, 05:10 PM   #1
PierreBMW
Rep
Drives: 330e xdrive | x5 45e | Y LR

Advise needed: i4 xdrive 40 Ordering / Wheels

I currently have a 330e, it came with 19" wheels. For the winter I bought a set a BBS SR wheels and mounted some all season with severe snow rating tires (225/45R18). I am in an area where literaly, I can leave the morning for work with the sun & 65F and come back from work in a blizzard and the next morning drive on snow packed roads with 2F. I also had to address the potholes - the 19" would not survive.

I noticed when ordering an i4 xdrive 40, with 18" wheels, it comes with some useless tires (at least for people in areas with a winter).

Therefore, should I order it with the 19" beside the range reduction (but possibly better resales value and more usable tires) and get new tires for my BBS SR wheels (225/50R18) and hope it get the 307 miles range if I mount them on the i4. I don't know how aerodynamic are the BMW 18" wheels vs the BBS SR wheels, if they are at all.

On paper, 279 vs 307 miles is not a lot. But in reality when you are in more remote location, it makes a huge difference. Especially with full electric cars, you don't want to drain the battery under 10%. I have a Tesla Model Y long range and I get the messages when I drop under 10%.

In advance thank you for any inputs.
Appreciate 0