Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e delivery halt

09-21-2020, 03:59 AM   #199
Conrod Bent
Rep
Drives: G20 330e Sport

No changes on my message, I have always had the “technical enhancement” message.

“There is an open safety related recall on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle, or contact your local retailer here for more information. Recall code 0061580500.
There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code STOP020700”

My dealer thinks my car will be checked sometime this week, so I will keep checking.
We seem to be in a bit of a race between BMW sorting this and another lockdown!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 04:45 AM   #200
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Bent View Post
We seem to be in a bit of a race between BMW sorting this and another lockdown!
Agreed my car is provisionally booked for delivery on Friday but it’s a first world problem so I’m trying to have a sensible perspective on it all. After 8 months, bar a couple of days, I guess I’m used to waiting 🤣
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 05:33 AM   #201
AD2020
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2020 View Post
Slight update;

I seem to have lost a “safety recall” over the weekend and now gained a “technical enhancement”

“There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement codes STOP020700, 0061430500

Anyone else noticed this?

Hoping to find out more today with a call to the dealer.
So a further update and it’s not good news for me!

Spoke to the dealership earlier and was basically fobbed off again, albeit with a bit more detail. I was told that of the 40 cars that they had on hold 10 had needed returning to BMW. So I said to them that basically mine wasn’t on that list and therefore when was I going to get it? Response was waiting for the workshop to confirm blah blah blah blah blah.

Just had a call back from them, to say that mine actually was going back to BMW after all. No idea of how long that would take, other than the cars that had already gone back to them still haven’t returned.

Presumably the codes above on the recall site translate to this outcome.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 06:45 AM   #202
heythereleslie
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Xdrive

Quote:
So a further update and it’s not good news for me!

Spoke to the dealership earlier and was basically fobbed off again, albeit with a bit more detail. I was told that of the 40 cars that they had on hold 10 had needed returning to BMW. So I said to them that basically mine wasn’t on that list and therefore when was I going to get it? Response was waiting for the workshop to confirm blah blah blah blah blah.

Just had a call back from them, to say that mine actually was going back to BMW after all. No idea of how long that would take, other than the cars that had already gone back to them still haven’t returned.

Presumably the codes above on the recall site translate to this outcome.
I'm in the same boat. The dealership told me this a couple of weeks ago. As of Friday, my car still hadn't been collected to have the repair carried out. Don't expect a quick turnaround on this, I'm sorry to say.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 01:43 PM   #203
AD2020
Private
Rep

Just checked the lease company tracker on my car and it has moved!
Car is now in Killingholme DN40 3DZ, it was driven 0.6 miles at 17:11.

Sent BMW an arsey email yesterday, asking for timescales, to which they didn’t respond.

Checking the recall site, we’re back to an additional recall message;

There is an open safety related recall on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle, or contact your local retailer here for more information. Recall code 0061580500.

along with

There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement codes STOP020700, 0061430500

Looks like I’m getting my own answers!

Last edited by AD2020; 09-22-2020 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 01:46 AM   #204
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

@AD2020 I now have both notices again! My dealer has confirmed that they are NOT going to delivery this Friday. They just put an estimated date into their system and LeasePlan then send an email which says the delivery date has changed.

The dealer can’t/won’t tell me the status of my car, I can’t even find out if it is at the dealer or the distribution centre!

Not at all impressed with the level of communication and customer service. The last time I had a BMW the dealer was falling over themselves to keep me happy, it was an M3 though so maybe that made a difference 😁
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 02:19 AM   #205
TheDazzler
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:

Sent BMW an arsey email yesterday, asking for timescales, to which they didn’t respond.

There is an open safety related recall on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle, or contact your local retailer here for more information. Recall code 0061580500.

along with

There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement codes STOP020700, 0061430500

Whenever I emailed BMW they always replied the following day. I still think they have some COVID-19 staffing issues.

What is really concerning is the removal and then addition of the recall notices. I last checked on my car last week and was told that the recalls were clear and the car was due to be delivered to the dealer this week. I'm now more than a little concerned that this might have changed. I'm going to check with my lease company today.

Let's not forgot BMW have offered courtesy cars for those that need them due to handing back a previous lease car etc. Might be worth looking at this angle.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 02:25 AM   #206
TheDazzler
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osxboy View Post
@AD2020 I now have both notices again! My dealer has confirmed that they are NOT going to delivery this Friday. They just put an estimated date into their system and LeasePlan then send an email which says the delivery date has changed.

The dealer can’t/won’t tell me the status of my car, I can’t even find out if it is at the dealer or the distribution centre!

Not at all impressed with the level of communication and customer service. The last time I had a BMW the dealer was falling over themselves to keep me happy, it was an M3 though so maybe that made a difference 😁
Again this is really concerning for people like me who have been told their new car is on the way. BMW informed me that my car was at Thorne VDC and would travel up to the dealer yesterday for a delivery on Friday or the following Monday. Looking at this thread again I some how don't believe them. They also told me the car was clear of all recalls, again I now don't believe them.

For a company of this size, putting COVID-19 to one side, the customer service is absolutely shocking. The lack of information and honesty in some cases is terrible. I currently have an Audi A4 S-Line and the customer service from Audi is 2nd to none. They have a section on the website that lets you track your car from the order to the delivery. They update is constantly as they know how important it is to the customer. BMW should really look at this.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 03:06 AM   #207
Hazzer20
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDazzler View Post
Quote:

along with

Whenever I emailed BMW they always replied the following day. I still think they have some COVID-19 staffing issues.

What is really concerning is the removal and then addition of the recall notices. I last checked on my car last week and was told that the recalls were clear and the car was due to be delivered to the dealer this week. I'm now more than a little concerned that this might have changed. I'm going to check with my lease company today.

Let's not forgot BMW have offered courtesy cars for those that need them due to handing back a previous lease car etc. Might be worth looking at this angle.
When you say courtesy car do you have to prove anything? We paid the remaining on our pcp but a family member is going to be using it when our Bmw finally get delivered. You think we could a courtesy car? 🤔
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 08:00 AM   #208
heythereleslie
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Xdrive

To be fair, the BMW dealership in Northants have been quick at responding to emails. The news is never good though! My car, after being delivered to the dealers first week in Aug, is still waiting to be sent back to the distribution centre. They have said there are approx 2000 vehicles that require the battery repair. I have to wait my turn. Nightmare.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 09:23 AM   #209
TheDazzler
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzer20 View Post
When you say courtesy car do you have to prove anything? We paid the remaining on our pcp but a family member is going to be using it when our Bmw finally get delivered. You think we could a courtesy car? 🤔
I was told in an email from BMW that anyone who’s car is delayed would be entitled to a free courtesy car, an adjustment to the trade in value or a payment to any lease which is having to be continued. I would email your situation and see what the deal is.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 04:32 PM   #210
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:

along with

It’s moved another 0.6 miles today at 17:12, it looks like they are exercising it at the same time as yesterday!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:35 AM   #211
TheDazzler
Rep

Quote:
It’s moved another 0.6 miles today at 17:12, it looks like they are exercising it at the same time as yesterday!
Let's hope they aren't using it for the dinner run to McDonalds down the road.......joking.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 07:07 AM   #212
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Let's hope they aren't using it for the dinner run to McDonalds down the road.......joking.
I would probably feel more comfortable, if I knew it was at the McDonald’s!

Storing a load of cars with a safety issue, that means they can spontaneously self combust, next to an oil refinery......

What could possibly go wrong😆
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #213
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

@AD2020 good question! I’ve been told that there’s no risk when testing the car but as the fault has a risk of fire I’m not feeling over confident! The dealer did tell me the car won’t need to back to the factory but if it does get damaged the wait for a replacement could be very long! 😁
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 10:03 AM   #214
jonnyblaze82
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
I was told in an email from BMW that anyone who’s car is delayed would be entitled to a free courtesy car, an adjustment to the trade in value or a payment to any lease which is having to be continued. I would email your situation and see what the deal is.
TBF to BMW, after chasing repeatedly they gave me a 69 plate 4 series Gran Coupe and ive been driving that about for the last week.

Coincidentally after them giving me the 4 series i have since had a call and t0ld my 330e will be delivered tomorrow. Watch this space.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #215
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyblaze82 View Post
TBF to BMW, after chasing repeatedly they gave me a 69 plate 4 series Gran Coupe and ive been driving that about for the last week.

Coincidentally after them giving me the 4 series i have since had a call and t0ld my 330e will be delivered tomorrow. Watch this space.
Nice result, have you told them that it will be 2 weeks, maybe more, before you can accept a delivery for the new car, whilst you enjoy the loan car😃

Did your new car have to go to Killingholme, if so how long did they have it?
Just trying to work out realistically how long mine might spend over there.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #216
jonnyblaze82
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Nice result, have you told them that it will be 2 weeks, maybe more, before you can accept a delivery for the new car, whilst you enjoy the loan car😃

Did your new car have to go to Killingholme, if so how long did they have it?
Just trying to work out realistically how long mine might spend over there.
Mate, the 4 series they gave me is a 3 litre diesel and seriously drinks. Don't think I could handle another fuel bill like that for a fortnight haha.

Not sure where it was sent to but its still showing as having a recall order on the VIN and on the licence plate they've given me. I'm presuming/hoping there is a delay between being tested and the bmw recall site updating!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:27 PM   #217
Jgr1249
Private
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyblaze82 View Post
Mate, the 4 series they gave me is a 3 litre diesel and seriously drinks. Don't think I could handle another fuel bill like that for a fortnight haha.

Not sure where it was sent to but its still showing as having a recall order on the VIN and on the licence plate they've given me. I'm presuming/hoping there is a delay between being tested and the bmw recall site updating!
Funny you say that - they gave me a 4 series too which drank the fuel. I did the ‘cannot accept delivery for 2 weeks’ trick but gave in after a week as my fuel bill was sky high! That was a 420i!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 12:19 AM   #218
Kebab
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW (G20) 330E M Sport

BMW G20 - Delivery Nightmare

Good morning,

I have been following this whole thread with great interest, it has kept me sane whilst BMW & my leasing company (Zentih) were behaving like two companies who have never exchanged any information. The following is a sit rep of my journey with this now infamous G20 330e.

Car ordered via Zenith in Lat Feb, it was a real nightmare, but, Sytner corporate were excellent with finding me a build slot. The car was due to be delivered on July the 20th, but, Covid affected the factory production and the order was revised, and re-prioritised to be built on the same day I was originally due to receive the keys. The car was in fact built on the 20th of July. Sytner advised that I should receive the car by the 10th of August. I contacted them that week and was advised that the fleet was delayed and to expect it by the 21st of August. During this period there was zero communication from my leasing company. However, I was undettered as the Sytner team were keeping me abreast of the situation. On the 19th of August, I contacted Sytner and was advised of the PHEV recall and told that there is no timeline for resolution. I decided to not revisit this for at least a month. 18th of September, multiple calls made to Sytner, messages left, no response from corporate sales team, I became frustrated and contacted the leasing company, they had no idea about the recall and were thanking me for the information. I asked what my options were in this situation and was told to expect an email (not received). 22nd of September, I received a call from Sytner BMW Leicester, the account manager stated that my vehicle is ready and will be delivered via transporter on the 29th. I have since received all my insurance and other documentation from the leasing company.

Hopefully, no further issues will surface and the car is delivered on Tuesday. I shall update you in due course.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 01:37 AM   #219
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
Good morning,

I have been following this whole thread with great interest, it has kept me sane whilst BMW & my leasing company (Zentih) were behaving like two companies who have never exchanged any information. The following is a sit rep of my journey with this now infamous G20 330e.

Car ordered via Zenith in Lat Feb, it was a real nightmare, but, Sytner corporate were excellent with finding me a build slot. The car was due to be delivered on July the 20th, but, Covid affected the factory production and the order was revised, and re-prioritised to be built on the same day I was originally due to receive the keys. The car was in fact built on the 20th of July. Sytner advised that I should receive the car by the 10th of August. I contacted them that week and was advised that the fleet was delayed and to expect it by the 21st of August. During this period there was zero communication from my leasing company. However, I was undettered as the Sytner team were keeping me abreast of the situation. On the 19th of August, I contacted Sytner and was advised of the PHEV recall and told that there is no timeline for resolution. I decided to not revisit this for at least a month. 18th of September, multiple calls made to Sytner, messages left, no response from corporate sales team, I became frustrated and contacted the leasing company, they had no idea about the recall and were thanking me for the information. I asked what my options were in this situation and was told to expect an email (not received). 22nd of September, I received a call from Sytner BMW Leicester, the account manager stated that my vehicle is ready and will be delivered via transporter on the 29th. I have since received all my insurance and other documentation from the leasing company.

Hopefully, no further issues will surface and the car is delivered on Tuesday. I shall update you in due course.
Sounds like a result, nice to hear some good news. Hopefully, cars are starting to finally arrive in the UK. I await news but have in my head Nov / Dec for mine so no point chasing just yet. Mine is a company car and the company are pro active and seem to have good relationships with AUDI / BMW so hoping a little patience pays off !!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 01:52 AM   #220
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

@Kebab great result and I hope you enjoy your 330e. My main gripe is the radio silence from my dealer and LeasePlan, it’s a company car which will save me on BIK and was due in June so (understandably) quite overdue so it is costing me money :-) I always prefer an honest update with an accurate delivery estimate but what I am getting is the delivery date being pushed back a week after I chase them! First world problem but annoying.
Appreciate 0